Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Keep Gus and Dave
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I know I am in the minority on this. I want to keep both Gus and Dave. I know the frustration among the people. But here is why I want to keep Gus and Dave

1) Continuity on the offense. That is what Bortles need at this time on his career. Four offense in four years is not a good way to develop a franchise QB.  The moment they hired Greg Olson we have to give couple years to see if Bortles develops. We are already seeing the results right now.  Bortles is a very improved player this year and online to be a franchise QB. 

2) Gus is facing adversity now and it would reveal his character. See Pagano he is turning his team around. I still have faith Gus will turn this team around. This team has lot of bad lucks and I can see improvement in the offense in every game.  It will only get better only when JT and the Albino Tiger is back. Dante Fowler Jr injury was the key thing that we couldn't overcome in my view. I know he is raw but the team guessed that they can count some pass rush from him. 

3) Being first time coach, Gus is learning as well how to coach and we have to understand it. Sometime patience pays off. Hopefully Gus can learn what mistake he had made and turn this around and be a better coach. Instead of Gus applying the mistake in a different team (Coughlin Scenario), Let us have Gus apply this to us.  He has one year left in his contract. Let him coach through his contract and let us evaluate then. At the very least, let the season playout before asking for Gus's head. I know lot of people are really emotional. 

4) IMO Dave is putting talent on this team. The offense is coming along well and if we draft some good defensive player (pass rushers) and supplement some pass rushers, we should be really good in defense as well.  Sendarick Marks kinda signings. Pay less and evaluate production.  In my view Dave is doing a very good job with the draft. You can't hit players in all rounds and Dave has done a very good job in finding good players in later round as well. 

Let us be patient and see what happens. Actually I liked today's game.  The offense played very well except the turn overs. 

If you support Gus after a 8 - 29 start. Your severely sick in the head

[Image: einstein.png]

No.

You cannot keep Gus.

You can't do it. It's gotten embarrassing. Gus is done. It might not be this week but he's as good as gone.
8-29 dude. coaches get fired for better records than that.

Quote:8-29 dude. coaches get fired for better records than that.
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/co...hilJo0.htm
Gus Bradley makes Al Golden look like Bear Bryant.

I'm afraid when this talk starts the players don't react in a positive way to the coach and things spiral downward.

The worse it gets, the worse it gets.

I do hope I'm wrong.....I really.do
The Gus Bus, has finally blown it's transmission. It's time for a change.
[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

This team consistently looks lost, sloppy, underprepared, outcoached, that is a big sign that coaching is a problem.

Some of the blame does fall on the players but Gus is the guy. He is bad, really bad.

Great guy but awful coach. This team is embarrassing. Bernard Pierce blocking for the Bucs is about as bad as it gets.
I'm not as sold on this team having "talent" as everyone keeps saying. 

Quote:I'm not as sold on this team having "talent" as everyone keeps saying. 

I'm not claiming they have Pro-Bowl or All-Pro game changing talent just yet.  But I do believe that Caldwell has matured/learned as a GM in his time with the Jags.  I think he's doing much better today then when he started.  I think there is raw talent on the roster that can develop into solid starters at a minimum.

In short, I think DC is worthy to be an NFL GM and if we fired him I'm confident he'd have other teams calling him up (unlike Jeans Miff).  There are still shortcomings on this team but I think we will have a well rounded roster going into next season.  If you took out the injuries now, I think it'd be fair to call out roster decent and with a good HC we would probably be 3-2 or 4-1.
Maybe, just maybe a new coach will keep Olson?
Uh...how about no Scott.

-Dr. Evil
Quote:I'm not as sold on this team having "talent" as everyone keeps saying. 
same

Dave Caldwell has not drafted/signed one transcendent talent in his three years at the helm
Lol

Just lol
Quote:Maybe, just maybe a new coach will keep Olson?
It doesn't work that way. Remember Mularkey and Mel Tuker how it worked. I am all for giving Gus the whole year and evaluate. If we are 6-10 and fight in all the games till the end, I will keep Gus next year.  Let us not get too emotional, that is what I am thinking. I think Gus is a good coach a team can have from PR standpoint, if he develops into a good coach, it is worth a wait.  As long as we show progress and team is all behind Gus and fight, we should keep Gus. There is no replacement available.  You have to take a flyer on an already fired coach or a college coach unless you can get Sean Peyton. 
Quote:same

Dave Caldwell has not drafted/signed one transcendent talent in his three years at the helm

Senderrick Marks is. Have you looked at our pass rush this season?
Quote:I'm not claiming they have Pro-Bowl or All-Pro game changing talent just yet.  But I do believe that Caldwell has matured/learned as a GM in his time with the Jags.  I think he's doing much better today then when he started.  I think there is raw talent on the roster that can develop into solid starters at a minimum.

In short, I think DC is worthy to be an NFL GM and if we fired him I'm confident he'd have other teams calling him up (unlike Jeans Miff).  There are still shortcomings on this team but I think we will have a well rounded roster going into next season.  If you took out the injuries now, I think it'd be fair to call out roster decent and with a good HC we would probably be 3-2 or 4-1.

hmm call it a difference of opinion, I just dont see a better coach having more than 2 wins with this roster.  I do want Gus gone, but I'm not sure if I'd stop at just him. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4