Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Positives Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sure, the loss sucks. But Bortles!!!! If it wasn't for Gerhart being pushed back into him that pick wouldn't have been an issue. Guy played his guts out.

He's still learning on the job, but it's pretty clear Bortles is the long term answer at QB.

Don't care

FIRE EVERYONE
He has cemented himself squarely as better than Gabbert at least  :teehee:

IF there is a positive, at least we can finally say we have the most important piece to the puzzle.

Bortles played good, but I would rather have a win. Stats and heart mean nothing if you cant win games. Fire Gus.

He showed some things, but he reverts back to his old ways too often still. People want results now but the fact is when you do something for a long time incorrectly, it does take some time to correct it. If he can completely eliminate his mechanical woes he could be a top 10 QB. 

What I love is his improvement is because he got training in his off season by Tom House..... this bad staff didn't work with him. He took it upon himself to get better.
I'm happy he got 4 TDs, but there were some horrendous throws today. I blame coaching all the way.
Quote:What I love is his improvement is because he got training in his off season by Tom House..... this bad staff didn't work with him. He took it upon himself to get better.
They are not allowed. Thank the new CBA for that.
He is good, the defense and O-line not so much
Yeah QB is not the problem.  We have so many holes the last thing we need to pick is a QB next year.

He is good, the defense and O-line not so much
Bortles/Arob/Hurns/Thomas and possibly Yeldon are going to be very good players for this team if we get ourselves a coach.

The D-line is worrying but Fowler/Marks and a draft pick should hopefully fix that up next year.

Yep, he was good. I really liked the pick he forced and allowed them to get a TD up on us, that was great. You had Robinson wide open in the MIDDLE of the field with his hand in the air, and somehow Bortles doesn't see that. He stares down receivers too much, and that's something you have to stop doing. 

Aside from that, he came back and showed confidence. He got us 4 TD drives total, but too bad our defense was TRASH (that's an insult to trash) and Grant decided to make us a joke again.

It's a good sign for whoever is coaching next week Wink
Quote:Bortles/Arob/Hurns/Thomas and possibly Yeldon are going to be very good players for this team if we get ourselves a coach.

The D-line is worrying but Fowler/Marks and a draft pick should hopefully fix that up next year.
"Next year"

Next year will be the same sorry excuse. We'll get some significant injuries and probably another terrible coach. 
We've gotten just what we asked for. Stellar play at the QB position. He played great to say the least...

NH3...

I think going forward our offense will be okay, we need a solid LT and a burner outside. We find those, we are rock solid on Offense. The defense has a lot of holes. Poz isnt getting any younger, the secondary is bad.. The biggest thing i notice is, even on the tv film, the defense plays out of position A LOT. That is a coaching thing. 

Quote:It's a good sign for whoever is coaching next week Wink
Gus isn't going anywhere, dude. Caldwell and Khan have a plan and they're BFF's.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8