Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Not a lot of joy around here...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
So i'll share with you this:

Second year receiving yards:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?s...fied=false

Rookie rushing yards:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?s...fied=false

A sliver of silver lining.  You're welcome!

That's pretty neat(In before W's is what matters)

Quote:That's pretty neat(In before W's is what matters)

In before Caldwell hasn't drafted any talent.
We have a QB on pace for 4000 yards, two receivers on pace for >1200 yards and a running back on pace for 1000 yards. Also, all those players are either rookies (Yeldon) or in their second year (Bortles, Hurns, Robinson).

But we're also 31st in scoring and if you remove the garbage time point from the Pats game we have scored a whooping 3 points after the game. That's 6.5 quarters of football and 3 measly points.

Could this be the year the Jags finally have a 1000 yard receiver? And end up having 2?
Yeah I see improvement from our young players, which is why I'm willing to give Caldwell another chance with a different coach but I have no faith in Gus

Silver linings are overrated.
I'm pretty joyful, actually. I like our offense alot.

Burns is the man. AR15 is a stud. Yeldon looks legit

Our o line is solid.

And bb5 looks like he's the answer. A lot to be happy about
Quote:I'm pretty joyful, actually. I like our offense alot.

Burns is the man. AR15 is a stud. Yeldon looks legit

Our o line is solid.

And bb5 looks like he's the answer. A lot to be happy about
We got to find a new big play receiver if we can't rely on lee week to week, and if this is a decent tight end draft I'd get another one to go with Julius so we don't have the worst drop off if he misses time, but yeah I do like what BB5 and co are doing
On pace. On pace. Pffft. During a mile run, I was On pace to finish it in under 3 minutes after the first 50 yards.
Stop running Yeldon in the middle for 2 yards.

Still 0 TD for him is a shame.

Quote:Stop running Yeldon in the middle for 2 yards.

Still 0 TD for him is a shame.
True, but keep in mind, 1 TD was called back
Quote:True, but keep in mind, 1 TD was called back
Keep in mind they don't score those.
Quote:On pace. On pace. Pffft. During a mile run, I was On pace to finish it in under 3 minutes after the first 50 yards.

I think the key here is to consider how "badly" our offense has played yet we have these extremely young players leading in their respective categories.

If this is a "bad" offense now (which is kinda is), what can we expect if/when it actually becomes functional or heaven forbid "good?"
If this team could play the second half like they do this first we'd be a playoff team. They have some really good young talented players but every week it's the same thing.

If it happens again on Sunday serious questions need to be asked from the guys at the top.

[Image: 200.gif]

You find joy in being the joke of the NFL?

Defense is legit too.  I'm just thinking our coaching staff can't game plan for squat! Or adjust!

I've always felt when Gus talked, he just didn't seem that bright.  I thinking it's showing. 

Quote:Could this be the year the Jags finally have a 1000 yard receiver? And end up having 2?
ARob was on course last year before his injury too.
I don't put much stock into Yeldon's place because he's getting the most opportunity by far, but Hurns' and Robinson's are legit. They have the most yards, Hurns is only behind Beckham for most receptions and only by two, Hurns has the most first down conversions, they're converting first down more than any of the other receivers  by far that have as many receptions as them, beating the closest competitors by almost 20 percentage points each, and they're easily leading in yards per catch as well. If the duo of Hurns and Robinson were on one of the New York teams, Green Bay, New England, etc., they'd be getting hyped up as the next great wide receiver combo and how historic their pairing is lol. It's really a great break that we got Hurns because he offsets the fact Lee has pretty much one foot in the bust bus.

Quote:[Image: 200.gif]

You find joy in being the joke of the NFL?
Oops, didn't realise I was on 49erswebzone.com
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5