Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: But...I'm Your Biggest Cheerleader! You defended these guys?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Like many of us, I vehemently defend our Jags when they are run down!  With that, I started thinking of the Jags I've defended only to look foolish or suffer a broken heart.

So I ask you...Which of our Jags, Past & Present broke your heart over and over?

*** PLEASE COPY/PASTE THE FORMAT BELOW AND SHOW YOUR CHOICES ***

The player you were convinced, "This is his week!" And you said this almost every week but never came through, time and time again:

Blaine Gabbert

The Jag you argued with your buddies about.  They saw the writing on the wall but your love affair clouded your judgement:

Zach Miller

Injuries laid waste to his success:

Tavian Banks

The "Diamond in the Rough" rookie that had your eye in camp.  He's going to be a star...smh!:

Eben Britton

The Mini-Camp Darling that disappeared as quickly as you fell for him:

Mike Sims-Walker

The draft pick that rasied your heart rate only to flatline his career:

R.J. Soward

The Saviour Free Agent that would push the Jags over the edge. Instead, he was a shell of himself:

Jerry Porter

The Jag that left Jacksonville for greener pastures. He's now my enemy!:

Justin Blackmon (See what I did there...)

Please use the above format when replying.  Looking forward to hearing some names we haven't heard in a while! In an effort to thwart what will surely be considered a troll topic, I will create a similar post with the positives.  GO JAGS!

Are you trying to make me jump?

Quote:Are you trying to make me jump?
No, sir.  lol

I'll create a favorites one as well.
The second round picked selected for his return abilities. Went on to be a probowl player and put Jacksonville in the national spotlight.

MJD

Oh, this was supposed to be a negative post? Nevermind..
Hard hitting stuff here

You could add Matt Jones to that list.  And maybe Alvis Whitted. He was a preseason wonder.

Quote:You could add Matt Jones to that list.  And maybe Alvis Whitted. He was a preseason wonder.

I'm probably one of the minority that felt Matt was productive.  At times, he was our best receiver.  On the field he was feast or famine.
The draft pick that was made and you had your "Major League" moment and you said, "Who are these guys?"

Most of Gene's picks.

Ugh I feel cruddy just thinking of trust.

Quote:The draft pick that was made and you had your "Major League" moment and you said, "Who are these guys?"

Most of Gene's picks.

Ugh I feel cruddy just thinking of trust.

Rod Isaac. Ugh.
I just noticed that 5 of 8 players I chose were Gene Smiff era.
Quote:I'm probably one of the minority that felt Matt was productive.  At times, he was our best receiver.  On the field he was feast or famine.

Not worth a first round pick.  I remember Vic gushing over this guy when we took him.  He didn't live up to billing.
Tavian Banks

Makes me cry<i>.</i> He was on fire and man we could have used him during those playoffs.  Special ability and a heck of a change of pace back.  He was finally figuring it all out.  Man that injure was flat awful.

Would y'all fill in your names in the format I provide?  Just want a consensus.

I didn't want to just provide my thoughts, I want to hear from all of you.

Quote:Tavian Banks

Makes me cry<i>.</i> He was on fire and man we could have used him during those playoffs.  Special ability and a heck of a change of pace back.  He was finally figuring it all out.  Man that injure was flat awful.
Amazing that we drafted him the same year we drafted Fred Taylor.  Two very effective backs.
I defended Harry Colon.

Quote:Tavian Banks

I still remeber the play that ended it all.

Still think Ray Buchannon hit him low, well out of bounds!!  Cheap shot at the knee as Tavian was pulling up!!!

I was at the game where Tavian was injured--here in Atlanta.

Ugh. Gabs. Every week I kept telling myself "this is the one!"
Also noticed all my picks are Offense

Quote:Ugh. Gabs. Every week I kept telling myself "this is the one!"

Yeah, I hear ya... my brother and I got into a huge argument because of my defense of Blaine while Tebow was on his tear in Denver. He's a Broncos fan. Turns out we were both wrong about our respective qbs... Lol
Pages: 1 2 3