Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Re-sign Wiz Now...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
He has proved it on this one year deal. We need to go ahead and lock him up before he starts stringing together mutiple great games. 

Suh was virtually a none factor. The run game was stifled but he is Suh lol. Wiz has been calling the protections, solidifying the middle of the line and the initial push we are used to seeing from dominant opposing players was not there. Blake seems to have confidence in him and plays more comfortably with him at center. 

Quote:He has proved it on this one year deal. We need to go ahead and lock him up before he starts stringing together mutiple great games.

Suh was virtually a none factor. The run game was stifled but he is Suh lol. Wiz has been calling the protections, solidifying the middle of the line and the initial push we are used to seeing from dominant opposing players was not there. Blake seems to have confidence in him and plays more comfortably with him at center.

Agreed my only criticism and I don't know if it's just me, but most of the shotgun snaps seemed quite low..but it's probably just me nitpicking
Quote:He has proved it on this one year deal. We need to go ahead and lock him up before he starts stringing together mutiple great games. 

I could see him getting an extension.

When Suh was with Detroit they moved him around a lot. Sometimes he'd line up as a DE. Miami seems to just leave him in the same spot between the RG and center down after down. With Wiz and Linder that worked to the Jags advantage.

Suh was a non-factor? Please tell me you are kidding.

He and Linder did a great job of making Suh more of a Who.  He made a couple of plays, but he wasn't blowing up the pocket and causing our QB any issues, and that's encouraging.  A year ago, that wouldn't have been such a certainty. 

Quote:Suh was a non-factor? Please tell me you are kidding.

He was a factor?

His stat line says otherwise, and it sounds like Suh decided to go freelance on the field.
Quote:Suh was a non-factor? Please tell me you are kidding.

Yeah those guys are crazy. Suh had a dominate statline of 1 tackle yesterday.
2.8 yards per carry for Yeldon ring a bell? He dominated in the middle in the run game. Just because he didn't get to the QB doesn't mean he was a non-factor.

The only thing that he could have done that didn't get on the stat line was freeing up other players to move to the ball. However, they didn't pay that much money for a guy who is just a space eater.

Quote:2.8 yards per carry for Yeldon ring a bell? He dominated in the middle in the run game. Just because he didn't get to the QB doesn't mean he was a non-factor.

He dominated?  1 tackle.  He wasn't on the field for every play.  I'd love to see his snap count because he missed time with an "injury", and when he was on the field, he wasn't drawing double teams.  Our guys were handling him one on one.  He didn't dominate squat.
So far, so good for Wiz. But the re-signing can wait.

Quote:He dominated?  1 tackle.  He wasn't on the field for every play.  I'd love to see his snap count because he missed time with an "injury", and when he was on the field, he wasn't drawing double teams.  Our guys were handling him one on one.  He didn't dominate squat.
That answers my question about space eating. Yeah they regularly mentioned that he was getting exclusively 1-1 assignments from our offensive line.
Quote:Yeah those guys are crazy. Suh had a dominate statline of 1 tackle yesterday.

LoLz!! Nice....
I agree. But they are saying he was a non-factor. Suh kicked Wiz's butt when it came to the jags running game.

Quote:That answers my question about space eating. Yeah they regularly mentioned that he was getting exclusively 1-1 assignments from our offensive line.
He's getting killed in Miami media, and his response is they need to go back to the drawing board.  He was brought in to be the dominant feature on that line, and he wasn't even enough of a concern to double-team.  That speaks volumes.  They were saying on the radio during the game that he's a $100+ million player who is playing more like a $14 million contract guy.  He cashed in and got the big contract, and now he's just a body on the line. 
Quote:I agree. But they are saying he was a non-factor. Suh kicked Wiz's butt when it came to the jags running game.
You are apparently the only one who saw him kick anyone's butt yesterday.
Suh had a couple plays where he penetrated, but he's N. Suh, he's going to have those plays. The Jags did a great job a neutralizing him for most of game, outstanding effort by the interior of the offensive line.

Quote:I agree. But they are saying he was a non-factor. Suh kicked Wiz's butt when it came to the jags running game.
I  think he wasn't as much as a factor as everyone thought he was going to be. He obviously closed some holes in the run game, but he was pretty well handled by our guys.

Quote:He's getting killed in Miami media, and his response is they need to go back to the drawing board.  He was brought in to be the dominant feature on that line, and he wasn't even enough of a concern to double-team.  That speaks volumes.  They were saying on the radio during the game that he's a $100+ million player who is playing more like a $14 million contract guy.  He cashed in and got the big contract, and now he's just a body on the line. 
I didn't pay much attention but were people clamoring for him here? I think a lot of teams lucked out by having the Dolphins overpay.
Quote:2.8 yards per carry for Yeldon ring a bell? He dominated in the middle in the run game. Just because he didn't get to the QB doesn't mean he was a non-factor.

No way man. They stopped double teaming him as much in the 2nd half, and both Linder and Wiz stonewalled him one-on-one on multiple occasions. Sure he clogged some running lanes, but any 300 pound man can line up and clog a lane. He's supposed to be a monster in the passing game and he only had one successful bull rush that Blake easily avoided.
Pages: 1 2 3 4