Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: I know we suck, but we can beat Miami
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It feels like every time we come across the phins as of recent years, we always lose. But this Miami team who struggled against WASHINGTON is very beatable... no run offense and an mediocre QB at best. I think if we can cause turnovers and get Yeldon in a groove, we can walk away with a win. He looked good last week, lets see if he can get 20+ carries, and if not, let Denard and him split carries. Oh yeah, and as long as Blake can manage the game, and make a few throws downfield without turning the ball over

If we blow coverages like we did last week, Tannehill will carve our secondary up like a Thanksgiving turkey.
So what you're saying is if we cause turnovers, Yeldon runs the ball well, and Blake doesn't throw ints and manages the game well we will win?

Hmmm this blueprint you created may just work... In fact I bet we win 12 games this year with that plan.

I try not to be the sarcastic butthead but come on man. Obvioisly a team will win by forcing turnovers, good qb play, and a solid running game. The jags seem to be unable to do any of those things the last 7 years
Quote:It feels like every time we come across the phins as of recent years, we always lose. But this Miami team who struggled against WASHINGTON is very beatable... no run offense and an mediocre QB at best. I think if we can cause turnovers and get Yeldon in a groove, we can walk away with a win. He looked good last week, lets see if he can get 20+ carries, and if not, let Denard and him split carries. Oh yeah, and as long as Blake can manage the game, and make a few throws downfield without turning the ball over

I think Miami is an easier matchup than Carolina, and I really think the Jaguars should've beaten Carolina but they shot themselves in the foot with the turnovers & as HC Gus Bradley said by not being aggressive enough on Offense.
Quote:If we blow like last week, we'll lose.
Fixed that for you.
If blake doesnt guve the ball to other team, we got chance
It is a must win for HC Gus Bradley considering a long four week road trip that starts with the Patriots!  He does not want to start the season 0-3, and most people don't expect a win against Tom Brady & the Patriots on the road.

If Gus cant win against Miami at home, than look out this season will be exactly like last years.

We always play better on the road. Don't know why, but it's good they have a lengthy away trip.

The fans don't scream in support for the team the way other cities do (IMO), but the Jaguars will defeat Miami!

We better feed our RBs or Young will get Bortles killed. It's hard enough watching Bortles slump, but watching Henne would be unbearable
Actually, we're not that bad. My main isuue is which fantasy combo should i start. Can i get a little help here?..,,

...ok. so i have Bortles/Robinson, which, after 13points in week 1 between the both of them, they get the bench (well atleast Bortles) even though i still managed to pull out a hefty win...

..,then i got Tannehill/Landry and\or Jordan. I dare not play them against, only the 2nd best defense in all of football.

...then there's Ryan Mallet/ D. Hopkins..

Ding Ding Ding! I think we have a winner. Against that porous Carolina secondary. Yeah, we bout to get this risky money
Quote:We better feed our RBs or Young will get Bortles killed. It's hard enough watching Bortles slump, but watching Henne would be unbearable
If that happens i'll buy season tickets for the Jacksonville Suns and go there instead.
The Jags just don't have the look of a good team. Something seems off. It's like a killer instinct isn't there. It's like they are soft. It's like they are happy scoring 10 points and being done.

This whole situation is starting to feel like the Del Rio days.

Quote:We always play better on the road. Don't know why, but it's good they have a lengthy away trip.

You are not making any sense.

1. The longest away trips always resulted in blowouts.

2. Miami is in Florida, not a "lengthy away trip" for us.

3. We have played some good games at our stadium.
Quote:You are not making any sense.

1. The longest away trips always resulted in blowouts.

2. Miami is in Florida, not a "lengthy away trip" for us.

3. We have played some good games at our stadium.
1. The shortest trip (home) has resulted in blowouts too.

2. I'm talking about the time frame of staying gone. We don't play at Everbank for a few weeks after this. You do know the Dolphins game is at home, right?

3. Yeah, we've played good games at our stadium over the past 20 years. And we also kicked the Steelers butts at their house in 07. Your point?

Quote:We better feed our RBs or Young will get Bortles killed. It's hard enough watching Bortles slump, but watching Henne would be unbearable

Second, please no henne, let us at least lose with dignity.
[Image: temp184MIA01Practice091615--nfl_mezz_128...height=720]

The game of the Tiger?

I don't think Miami is a team to be fearful of either but I think it's a little silly to look down on them based on struggling against Washington.

Washington absolutely crushed us last year.
Quote:Second, please no henne, let us at least lose with dignity.

yep, If Henne has to play, it can only be because of injury.  
Quote:If blake doesnt guve the ball to other team, we got chance

Uh Oh.
Pages: 1 2 3