Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What I want to see against the Lions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Thus far, some of this team's traits seem more evident with each week of camp/preseason:

-the offensive line seems bigger, more physical, and better equipped to run the ball than any line we had since the JDR era.

-The passing game, led by Bortles, seems to have hope.

-The cornerbacks are the strength of the defense

-defensive line seems to be the biggest problem area

With this in mind, this is what I want to see against Detroit

1.  Can the offensive line pass protect against a good pass rush?  Haloti Ngata is likely out this Friday.  [url=http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2015/08/25/haloti-ngata-detroit-lions/32343019/%C2][/url]

2.  Can this team cover the TE.  Eric Ebron-a former first round pick, likely returns to action this weekend.  It seems throughout the history of this franchise, this team has not been able to cover the TE.  But the secondary is developing into a strength.  Telvin Smith is good in coverage.

3.  Just how strong is this secondary?  With Calvin Johnson and Golden Tate, Detroit offers perhaps the most formidable test for this secondary this preseason.  Can this team cover those guys.

4.  What will Yeldon do?  This is the first time since the scrimmage we've had the chance to see Yeldon.  As improved as our running game has appeared thus far, how much better will it look with Yeldon carrying the rock?

5.  What about the run defense?  The run defense has been underwhelming thus far, and it doesn't have the excuse of being worn down late in games after being on the field all day because the offense can't move the ball.

6.  Are special teams improved?  A while back, I observed Special teams cost the team a minimum of 2-3 games last year allowing blocked kicks.  So far this preseason, while the team has had 10 men on the field about 4 times, there hasn't been any blocks, and aside from a couple of penalties, there haven't been any special teams disasters.

7.  More rookie contributions.  I want to see Cann get some movement in the running game.  I want to see Bennett create some disruption.  If Sample is finally going to play, I want to see him display range, ball skills, and tackling.  Can Rashad Greene continue to make contributions?  What about UDFA finds Grant, Marshall and Armbrister?  Will they cement roster spots this week?

8.  Can the receivers catch the ball?  Bradley counted 6 drops last week. While drops happen, so do the negative consequences that stem from those drops.  In two weeks, drops have likely cost the team two TDs.  (Hurns v. NYG and Harbor v. Pittsburgh).

No injuries for either team!!!
Quote:No injuries for either team!!!
This too X 1000000
I really doubt Yeldon will impress me more than Denard.

Can the run defense stop Abdullah from breaking another long run?

Can the secondary intercept a ball?

Can the QB get the ball out under pressure?

Can they keep the Kickers on the side line more than last game and score some freaking TD's?

Continued improved play by Bortles, some semblance of a pass rush and no injuries.

What I want to see...

Yeldon earn the starting RB role, and wow us.

The OL continue to look improved, opening lanes and protecting Bortles.

For the 5th WR spot to get determined by game play.  Benn's injury opened up a spot.

To see a glimpse of a pass rush.

To see a Jag secondary interception.

For Skuta to shine, so I don't think he's a waste of money anymore.
I have seen improvement out of Bortles, now I want to see how much our offensive line has improved.
I think we'll see more of a pass rush this game since we'll be scheming a little more.

It's funny that what seemed to be our strength last year (DL) is now the weak link even with pretty much the sane personnel. Is this a matter of line regression our has the rest of the def stepped up to the point where the line just doesn't look as good?

I still think it will look better with Clem and Marks back
I am interested in seeing what Yeldon does. It is preseason so I won't invest too much into it but would be pleased if he came out strong.

This is probably dumb. But with it being on national TV, it would nice for the team to come out and have a good performance. Especially Bortles.

Quote:I really doubt Yeldon will impress me more than Denard.

lol, why?
Quote:This is probably dumb. But with it being on national TV, it would nice for the team to come out and have a good performance. Especially Bortles.
Nah that would be nice. Having a good nationally televised game, even in preseason, might make the sports writers be a little less bleak about the Jags.
Quote:Nah that would be nice. Having a good nationally televised game, even in preseason, might make the sports writers be a little less bleak about the Jags.

I doubt it.
Quote:I really doubt Yeldon will impress me more than Denard.

I feel the same. I think Drob can handle the carries.
I would like to see a couple of touchdowns out of the 1st team offense.  I also can't wait to see what Yeldon can do.

Tate and Megatron may be the best WR duo in the game. This really should be an awesome test for our WRs if they're both on the field.

Quote:This is probably dumb. But with it being on national TV, it would nice for the team to come out and have a good performance. Especially Bortles.

Unlike a lot of QBs, Bortles steps his game up in the bigger moments. I think he'll play well.
When did Tate become anything? #BecauseHawks?
Quote:When did Tate become anything? #BecauseHawks?

He played well last season. 1300 yards and 4 tds
Pages: 1 2 3