Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Why vote for a lawyer the most untrusted Job profession for President?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I often hear people say how you can't trust a lawyer, but then they go and vote for one in almost every election.  I had this debate with african-american co-worker whom is a Democrat whom told me he didn't feel he could trust a Dr as president.  He said he wants a person who was a former lawyer whom understands the law.  I had asked how that pertains to running the exceutive branch, because he has advisors for certain legal matters.  I mean our current president Obama and former Democrat President Bill Clinton had zero military training or experince yet they were in charge of all US Forces.   Shouldn't the President be a past Military Officer probably a General, like George Washington?   I mean the President doesn't create bills, and his Vice President is the one that would actually sit in Congress, and when it comes to signing the Bill if he had any questions his advisors would clearly explain it to him.  When you think of past presidents that felt the urge to run to help our nation go in a certain direction, they too lacked the knowledge or experince in Law but often taught themselves.  I would think that a neurosurgeon could surely pass the bar exam if he studied, and I think they have fewer neurosurgeons than lawyers due to the sheer difficulty and intelligence it takes to perform that job.  I would much rather have a trust worthy, intelligent person, whom has not yet been corrupted by the fraud, waste and abuse of our goverment than a lawyer whom is paid to lie for a living.  I often think fondly of Ronald Regan whom was an actor but did a decent job, again surely a neurosurgeon could do far better.

I think people should do research on Dr. Ben Carson and take a serious consideration of voting for him in the upcoming elections.

Dr. Ben Carson -  A 63 year old retired Neurosurgeon whom is running as a Republican in the upcoming election for President 2016.

http://2016.republican-candidates.org/Carson/

Well, let's see here:

He has zero political experience. Zero. He has never held a political office in his life. He would be in completely over his head as President.

That's my biggest issue and the ultimate no-go, even before I get into his stance on marriage, on marijuana, on evolution vs. creationism and his equating of homosexuality to bestiality and pedophilia.

I think the saying is Don't trust a politician, and that's what anyone running for office would be.  

Not a fan of Carson at all.  He has zero foreign policy experience, and he lets his religion affect his politics a bit too much for my taste.

Carson isn't a serious candidate just like Herman Cain last time around. He's running to get a book deal and get his name/ideas out there.
Quote:Well, let's see here:

He has zero political experience. Zero. He has never held a political office in his life. He would be in completely over his head as President.

That's my biggest issue and the ultimate no-go, even before I get into his stance on marriage, on marijuana, on evolution vs. creationism and his equating of homosexuality to [BAD WORD REMOVED] and pedophilia.

but if dem dere gays marry, people will start marryun dere dawgs en baybees

He has zero political experience. Zero. He has never held a political office in his life.

That might just be a good thing.
Smile
Quote:but if dem dere gays marry, people will start marryun dere dawgs en baybees

I want my dog to collect my social security after I die. I should be able to marry her.

Quote:I often hear people say how you can't trust a lawyer, but then they go and vote for one in almost every election.  I had this debate with african-american co-worker whom is a Democrat whom told me he didn't feel he could trust a Dr as president.  He said he wants a person who was a former lawyer whom understands the law.  I had asked how that pertains to running the exceutive branch, because he has advisors for certain legal matters.  I mean our current president Obama and former Democrat President Bill Clinton had zero military training or experince yet they were in charge of all US Forces.   Shouldn't the President be a past Military Officer probably a General, like George Washington?   I mean the President doesn't create bills, and his Vice President is the one that would actually sit in Congress, and when it comes to signing the Bill if he had any questions his advisors would clearly explain it to him.  When you think of past presidents that felt the urge to run to help our nation go in a certain direction, they too lacked the knowledge or experince in Law but often taught themselves.  I would think that a neurosurgeon could surely pass the bar exam if he studied, and I think they have fewer neurosurgeons than lawyers due to the sheer difficulty and intelligence it takes to perform that job.  I would much rather have a trust worthy, intelligent person, whom has not yet been corrupted by the fraud, waste and abuse of our goverment than a lawyer whom is paid to lie for a living.  I often think fondly of Ronald Regan whom was an actor but did a decent job, again surely a neurosurgeon could do far better.

I think people should do research on Dr. Ben Carson and take a serious consideration of voting for him in the upcoming elections.

Dr. Ben Carson -  A 63 year old retired Neurosurgeon whom is running as a Republican in the upcoming election for President 2016.

I do admire Dr. Carson, and I think he has some good ideas as well as good intentions.  That being said, I just don't think that he has the right experience for the job.

Regarding the bold part, remember that in addition to being an actor, Ronald Reagan did have experience in politics including executive experience as Governor of California.
Quote:I want my dog to collect my social security after I die. I should be able to marry her.

Your dog is capable of consenting?
Quote:Your dog is capable of consenting?

If it gets a bone, then that may considered consent.
Quote:Your dog is capable of consenting?

She loves me unquestioningly. More than most humans love their spouses. Why shouldn't she benefit the same as a human spouse?

Quote:If it gets a bone, then that may considered consent.

I thought that was supposed to come after consent?
Trust or distrust of lawyers is dependent upon one's needs.

Quote: 

No political experience whatsoever.    It takes a massive ego to make President of the United States your entry-level political position.   
Quote:Trust or distrust of lawyers is dependent upon one's needs.

Yep. Hate one till you need one.

That's my biggest issue and the ultimate no-go, even before I get into his stance on marriage, on marijuana, on evolution vs. creationism and his equating of homosexuality to [BAD WORD REMOVED] and pedophilia.
Obama had barely any at all and that didnt stop people from voting for him.
Quote:I do admire Dr. Carson, and I think he has some good ideas as well as good intentions.  That being said, I just don't think that he has the right experience for the job.

Regarding the bold part, remember that in addition to being an actor, Ronald Reagan did have experience in politics including executive experience as Governor of California.
True but sometimes not having experince might actually be a good thing, he hasnt been tainted from the system.
Quote:Yep. Hate one till you need one.

You can still hate them even when you need them. it's just fighting fire with fire.
Quote:True but sometimes not having experince might actually be a good thing, he hasnt been tainted from the system.

It always amuses me that part of the American tradition is to "hate" politicians" but claim to love Democracy.

Who do you think runs our democracy? Are electricians "tainted" by their system? There are good and bad in all professions, and I don't know about you but I'd prefer some experience with how democracy works from my Chief Executive Officer - which is why I tend to favor Governors among my politicians.
Quote:It always amuses me that part of the American tradition is to "hate" politicians" but claim to love Democracy.

Who do you think runs our democracy? Are electricians "tainted" by their system? There are good and bad in all professions, and I don't know about you but I'd prefer some experience with how democracy works from my Chief Executive Officer - which is why I tend to favor Governors among my politicians.

I can't disagree with you much there regarding Governors as a good choice for President.  After all, it is Executive experience.  However, someone that has worked in Congress at both the state and national levels are also qualified and knowledgeable regarding our system of government.
Pages: 1 2 3