Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gratz at FS

Quote:I remember when Done Carey was moved to safety...

"Done" Carey?

Love it.

Williams was a pretty good CB. Gratz wasn't, but was still way better than Carey.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:"Done" Carey?

Love it.

Williams was a pretty good CB. Gratz wasn't, but was still way better than Carey.
Amazingly, Carey is STILL in the league.

How, I have no idea.

He was amongst the worst defensive backs on the worst team, obtained by the worst GM.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Amazingly, Carey is STILL in the league.

How, I have no idea.

He was amongst the worst defensive backs on the worst team, obtained by the worst GM.
He's a special teams ace in Detroit, and has shown flashes of competency when plugged into the base defense there. If only the Jaguars had been willing to tolerate two more years of awful, we might have ended up with a serviceable backup. Wink

man i wish we would have gotten mccourty... out of all the FA's, he would have probably been the most needed... we wouldnt be having a conversation about trying a failing corner at fs.

Any chance we can make a trade with the Bengals to get Reggie Willams back now that he's got his head on straight?

'02

Quote:Any chance we can make a trade with the Bengals to get Reggie Willams back now that he's got his head on straight?

Reggie Williams?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Is the sky blue?

Quote:Reggie Williams?

He is still in the league? Does he still dance when he comes up 4 yards short on 3rd down?

Oh you meant Reggie Nelson? My bads.... :no:

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote:Any chance we can make a trade with the Bengals to get Reggie Willams back now that he's got his head on straight?

Is Williams playing for the Bengals now?

Err....Nelson.

'02

[Image: anigif_enhanced-buzz-13538-1389393795-1.gif]

If only he gets his chance to prove himself at FS?  Whaaaa?

Quote:Err....Nelson.

Lol. You know we had to get you. :yes:

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote:Consider the mess that the FS position has been thus far. Evans won the job by default partway through his rookie season when Dwight Lowery went down, then lost it to Winston Guy in training camp last year. Guy was so astoundingly good that he was cut a few weeks into the season, and Evans won the job by default again, playing so well that he was replaced by Sergio Brown, who is far from a star DB himself.

Given what a cluster FS has been, doesn't it stand to reason that if the coaching staff felt like Gratz had any real potential as a safety, they'd have tried him there by now?

To this I agree...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Sample may be the answer...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:Sample may be the answer...

NH3...
I don't think the answer is on the roster. Sample might earn significant playing time late in the year, perhaps even take the job from Brown, but is he really athletic enough to play the deep third the way Earl Thomas does? He could shock us all and turn out to be the guy, but I'm of the opinion that the answer at safety remains at least a year away. I felt like this draft only had two guys who could fill that role: Byron Jones and Damarious Randall, and I wasn't a huge fan of Randall because of his issues with (not) tackling. Unless Sample really explodes onto the scene, I can't help but think that FS will be a high-priority position next offseason.