Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Surprisingly accurate Bleacher Report article on the expected improvement of Blake Bortles

Quote:I hope you're not asserting that the less-than-ideal circumstances of Gabbert's rookie year were the reason for his massive failure as an NFL QB... The guy was absolute trash from the get go. He could've rode the bench for 4 years and nothing would have changed.

Quite the opposite actually.  It simply exposed the biggest flaw in his game, which wasn't mechanics or lack of physical attributes.  His problems were between the ears.  He couldn't handle the pressure, and it was exposed in his rookie year.  There was no fixing that.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Quite the opposite actually.  It simply exposed the biggest flaw in his game, which wasn't mechanics or lack of physical attributes.  His problems were between the ears.  He couldn't handle the pressure, and it was exposed in his rookie year.  There was no fixing that.

Yup.

Practice All Pro.

Gameday waterboy.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Quite the opposite actually.  It simply exposed the biggest flaw in his game, which wasn't mechanics or lack of physical attributes.  His problems were between the ears.  He couldn't handle the pressure, and it was exposed in his rookie year.  There was no fixing that.

Re: Gabbert -> Is courage between the ears or within your heart.   Either way, his lack of courage impacted the rest of his game.

Quote:Re: Gabbert -> Is courage between the ears or within your heart.   Either way, his lack of courage impacted the rest of his game.
I think it's a mental thing. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:The last thing in the world I want is Gus overruling offensive play calls on the sideline during a game.

If the play call is bonehead, he should. Especially in game critical situations. I don't think that's uncommon.
<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

(This post was last modified: 06-09-2015, 11:53 AM by D0hv.)

I'm not as high on Bortles like everyone here is just because he plays for the Jags, but I do hope he gets it together and becomes a great QB that we need and deserve after all the years we've been through. But I just don't see it happening.
-Pre-Med student

-Future Physician, hoping to specialize in Emergency Medicine or Hematology

-Jags fan since May 24, 1996

Quote:If the play call is bonehead, he should. Especially in game critical situations. I don't think that's uncommon.

Gus has a track record of being a bonehead in critical game situations.  He stinks with challenges and time outs.

Quote:The last thing in the world I want is Gus overruling offensive play calls on the sideline during a game.

I'd take Gus overriding calls all day long over many of the armchair OCs on this board getting to call a single play. Wink

Quote:I'd take Gus overriding calls all day long over many of the armchair OCs on this board getting to call a single play. Wink
Agreed.

One factor that can lower variance in play is the performance of others around Bortles. He suffered from the fourth-highest drop percentage in the NFL last season, per =qba&teamid=-1&filter=50&conf=-1&yr=-1&wk=1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17]Pro Football Focus, as 6.5 percent of his passes fell to the ground. Although drops are normal, Bortles dealt with an abnormally high number.|

This stood out the most to me...

Imagine if he was in the mid range of drops... People probably aren't so hard on him... Hell maybe we win 4 games.

If O line play, and thus run game and pass pro, improve and drops decrease by a couple points... our offense could look legitimate.

Blake's the man

[Image: giphy.gif]

Improved pass protection with a better receiving group should solve most of his problems.  He was often had less than 2 seconds before a defender was rushing free at him.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]