Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Eateries in Seattle are beginning to shutdown as $15 dollar minimum wage looms

Y'all missed my point.

My parents raised me with a hard work ethic, with a goold old "Can Do" attitude, a gotta work 60 hours a week sometimes to get up the ladder.

I'm educated, highly educated. History major and a Theology major, from a major Christian College. I'm smarter then most, and I was hired at the bottom rung in June of last year, at minimum wage, and I didn't blink an eye. I told the guy who hired me my first goal was to be GM of the store (Accomplished 8 months later), then I was coming for his job a year or two later.

The truth about the wage increase, is it's by encrements. It's going up to 11 on the 1st, and a dollar an hour after that, every year until we hit 15 in 2020. It gives people time to adjust to how to save labor and manage their personnel. What it definitely will do, is make it so the lazy losers can't get a job, because they are a waste of space. What will happen, now, is those losers can't get a job because they have no work ethic, and they go on welfare.

That's as simple as I can put it. It's not a good thing to raise the minimum wage that high. I think it should be higher, but not everywhere. It's not good for half of Washington State to have a higher wage, because the cost of living is so low. Maybe a Federal minimum of 10 could work.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Y'all missed my point.

My parents raised me with a hard work ethic, with a goold old "Can Do" attitude, a gotta work 60 hours a week sometimes to get up the ladder.

I'm educated, highly educated. History major and a Theology major, from a major Christian College. I'm smarter then most, and I was hired at the bottom rung in June of last year, at minimum wage, and I didn't blink an eye. I told the guy who hired me my first goal was to be GM of the store (Accomplished 8 months later), then I was coming for his job a year or two later.

The truth about the wage increase, is it's by encrements. It's going up to 11 on the 1st, and a dollar an hour after that, every year until we hit 15 in 2020. It gives people time to adjust to how to save labor and manage their personnel. What it definitely will do, is make it so the lazy losers can't get a job, because they are a waste of space. What will happen, now, is those losers can't get a job because they have no work ethic, and they go on welfare.

That's as simple as I can put it. It's not a good thing to raise the minimum wage that high. I think it should be higher, but not everywhere. It's not good for half of Washington State to have a higher wage, because the cost of living is so low. Maybe a Federal minimum of 10 could work.
You forgot to mention how humble you are. 

(This post was last modified: 03-25-2015, 04:55 PM by Ringo.)

Quote:You forgot to mention how humble you are.
Hey. All Mavericks are awesome.

As a Theology major, he knows it's a God given asset.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Hey. All Mavericks are awesome.

As a Theology major, he knows it's a God given asset.
So courage

Very praise

Quote:Not good.. What if its 1am on a Wednesday morning and I need a pair of boxers, a car battery, a steak and a nice vintage box of wine?

A steak?
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

What kind of idiot tells someone that just offered them a job "my goal is to take your job within a year or two."?

Quote:What kind of idiot tells someone that just offered them a job "my goal is to take your job within a year or two."?

The same kind that likes to tell people how smart he is... :whistling:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

The only part of that story I believe is that history majors usually start out at minimum wage.

Quote:What kind of idiot tells someone that just offered them a job "my goal is to take your job within a year or two."?
You may not believe it, but the higher ups don't mind hearing that.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:You may not believe it, but the higher ups don't mind hearing that.

Not the ones I've worked with.

A higher up who doesn't respect the fact someone they are hiring is going to try and be better, is doomed to fail.

I am quite humble. I know who I am, and I'm fine with it. Live 5 minutes from work, work 7-8 hours a day, make good money.

Anyways, why aren't you all pooping yourselves about the eateries in Portland, Oregon, that are closing down?? No minimum wage raise there, and more have closed down in recent times then in Seattle. Smile

Quote:The only part of that story I believe is that history majors usually start out at minimum wage.

That may be historically correct
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:You know you don't have to go out and get a degree to be successful in life. Just last year I went out just for the hell of it and got my CDL as a backup plan.

Not bad. I still keep my CDL. Consider getting your X, doubles and triples endorsements. I occasionally pull oil in Wyoming to keep up my skills. 48' tanker with a 20' pup. You should see me backing up

Quote:A higher up who doesn't respect the fact someone they are hiring is going to try and be better, is doomed to fail.

I am quite humble. I know who I am, and I'm fine with it. Live 5 minutes from work, work 7-8 hours a day, make good money.

Anyways, why aren't you all pooping yourselves about the eateries in Portland, Oregon, that are closing down?? No minimum wage raise there, and more have closed down in recent times then in Seattle. Smile
Clearly   :thumbsup:

Quote:Clearly   :thumbsup:

Somehow I'm thinking we have totally different definitions of "humble" than he does!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Somehow I'm thinking we have totally different definitions of "humble" than he does!
Some people are just so humble it does the world an injustice if we are not informed of it. It's not his fault really. It's ours. 

Well I know I'm a million times as humble as thou art

[Image: weird-al.jpg]

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:A higher up who doesn't respect the fact someone they are hiring is going to try and be better, is doomed to fail.

Your first sentence is an absolutely pathetic attempt at a strawman. There is a huge difference between hiring motivated employees and hiring employees that don't respect administration.