Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Which QB can be better?
Blake Bortles
Andrew Luck
[Show Results]

Bortles vs. Luck

Quote:Anyone who's even debating Bortles vs Luck is clueless.

Our guy needs a lot of work just to become average.

Nice work jags for beating the colts in the season finale and handing Indy a HOF Player (barring injury)
Luck is a great player right now, whereas Bortles is not. Later on in their careers, however, the story could be different.

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Luck is a great player right now, whereas Bortles is not. Later on in their careers, however, the story could be different.
I hope that Bortles and Luck can be the new Brady vs Manning over the course of the next decade (barring major injuries to both players).

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2015, 10:24 PM by Doc Holliday904.)

One QB was a rookie in a bad system

One QB is slowly proving himself to be one of the better QBs in the league

Whats the comparison?

Quote:Im ashamed but not surprised 31 percent of this fanbase is so dumb.

Lol our fanbase only consists of 83 people?

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2015, 12:07 AM by P. Haze.)

Quote:One QB was a rookie in a bad system

One QB is slowly proving himself to be one of the better QBs in the league

Whats the comparison?
If they switched teams do you think Luck would've had a similar year to what Bortles had? And I'm talking Luck being a rookie with this same team.

Quote:Luck's a much better player at the moment, and he was better as a rookie as well. It's just the truth.

Bortles has a lot of potential, and I think he can take a big step forward next year, but until that happens, it's all just hoping.
the truth hurts sometimes and this is one of 'em. Luck had/has better throwing mechanics than Bortles does right out of the box. Bortles will hopefully improve in that area and in doing so improve his whole game.

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Quote:Hate to say it, fellas, but Luck is Elite.  He's now the 3rd best QB in the league and is basically on a HOF trajectory...

So unless we got super lucky with BB5 and he just had a typical HOF rookie season like P.Manning did, he's not gonna be as good as Luck.

So basically that means we need to have a better team around BB5 and a great coach/OC that can attack luck and match scores with Lucks offense...

It's gonna be a tough 15 years, y'all...
Lol I was trying to tell you buddy. I only put the other six before him because they have won rings and he has not. But he will soon enough. He is already to their level. He may mess around and win it this year lol. 

Does it really matter?  Most Super Bowls aren't won by the team with the best QB in the league anyway.  You have to have a good one but not the best one to win it. Given the Jags track record I'm much more concerned about the organization being able to assemble a Super Bowl caliber team and coaching staff than I am about Bortles' ability to lead one.

I still get a kick out of the holdouts that don't want to acknowledge that Luck is at least a "very good QB."    Haters gonna' hate I guess. 

I despise the colts as a rival - but it doesn't pain me to say they found a good QB.  

I think the Jags have found one too, but he's got a long way to go before he's on par with Luck.  It seems he's got what it takes to get there though, and the sky is the limit IMO.  I hope this turns into an amazing rivalry. 

So, has anybody's opinion changed?

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

I think Bortles can be better. Luck may be the most overrated player in the nfl.

I can't believe Luck has commercials now. Talk about a face for radio...

The problem is Blake Bortles doesn't have the Offensive Line and receivers that Andrew Luck has so its hard to judge the two.  I mean if you go off of last season's stats it would be easy to pick Andrew Luck but Blake was a rookie playing behind the worst Oline in Jaguars history.  He has a slightly better Oline but doesnt have Cecil Shorts III to throw to, and Lee has been injured all year along with Thomas.  It has helped that while injured Hurns & Robinson are playing even better than last year when they also played thru injuries.

Blake cant keep taking the abuse (sacks) and everyone expect him to throw like Brady.. if Brady got hit as hard and as often as Blake he wouldnt be having the same stats as he does now...

Quote:The problem is Blake Bortles doesn't have the Offensive Line and receivers that Andrew Luck has so its hard to judge the two.  I mean if you go off of last season's stats it would be easy to pick Andrew Luck but Blake was a rookie playing behind the worst Oline in Jaguars history.  He has a slightly better Oline but doesnt have Cecil Shorts III to throw to, and Lee has been injured all year along with Thomas.  It has helped that while injured Hurns & Robinson are playing even better than last year when they also played thru injuries.

Blake cant keep taking the abuse (sacks) and everyone expect him to throw like Brady.. if Brady got hit as hard and as often as Blake he wouldnt be having the same stats as he does now...
And the thing is he's still playing better than Luck this year.

Blake is currently ranked 7th in yards and if the WRs didnt drop so many passes at the start of the year, better protection, and if Thomas hadnt been injured things might be different.. and we could be talking about how Blake is in the top 5 of QBs this year...

Quote:I can't believe Luck has commercials now. Talk about a face for radio...

Pretty soon Bottles will be rootin on TV, Mike.

Quote:I can't believe Luck has commercials now. Talk about a face for radio...

And a voice for sign language.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

This is the first I've seen of this thread. Voted Bortles CAN be better, but its not an IS better. Luck has had three+ years and still turns the ball over at an alarming rate. If Bortles throws 7 picks in 3 games year 4, how many Blake sucks threads make their way on to this forum?

Quote:The problem is Blake Bortles doesn't have the Offensive Line and receivers that Andrew Luck has so its hard to judge the two. I mean if you go off of last season's stats it would be easy to pick Andrew Luck but Blake was a rookie playing behind the worst Oline in Jaguars history. He has a slightly better Oline but doesnt have Cecil Shorts III to throw to, and Lee has been injured all year along with Thomas. It has helped that while injured Hurns & Robinson are playing even better than last year when they also played thru injuries.

Dude you do realize how bad the colts oline is right? It is probably worse than ours. Luck hasn't been playing well but his oline is doing him no favors.

Quote:Dude you do realize how bad the colts oline is right? It is probably worse than ours. Luck hasn't been playing well but his oline is doing him no favors.
They also don't realize how this team would be a bottom feeder the last 3 years without Luck.

Bortles will be better than Luck when he wins the division.