Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Which QB can be better?
Blake Bortles
Andrew Luck
[Show Results]

Bortles vs. Luck

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2014, 10:47 PM by ThatsGoodJaguars.)

Who do you think will be/is better than the other? Right now, obviously Luck is performing better but Bortles has shown us a few moments that show us he can be just as good as Luck. I now I might sound like a parrot, but I think Bortles just needs more time (offseason) to properly fix his mechanics, and we need an offensive line. Who do you guys think can be better?

UPDATE: Okay, so this has turned into a hate-fest. Sorry for posting my opinion which is clearly too stupid and embarrassing to be shown on the message board.

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

C'mon man, Luck is a proper contender , Bortles is a pretender at the moment. If Blake goes on to be half as good as Luck then he'll still be a very good QB.

You realize it takes 3 years or so for a QB to fully mature etc. right, I remember an Andrew luck that threw a fair amount of picks,Bortles has potential to be as good as luck(I see a lot of big ben in bortles) but we need another good season or two to really determine, he's shown flashes, now we need his O-line and WR's to pick it up.....and a new OC....who calls a draw on 3rd and sixth with the game on the line. smh

Quote:Who do you think will be/is better than the other? Right now, obviously Luck is performing better but Bortles has shown us a few moments that show us he can be just as good as Luck. I now I might sound like a parrot, but I think Bortles just needs more time (offseason) to properly fix his mechanics, and we need an offensive line. Who do you guys think can be better?

You're joking right?

If this is meant as a serious thread than Jags fans are dilusional.

Quote:C'mon man, Luck is a proper contender , Bortles is a pretender at the moment. If Blake goes on to be half as good as Luck then he'll still be a very good QB.
Luck is extremely overated. Im not saying he is god awful but no where close to the hype and he gets worst ea season. BB5 has potential to surpass Luck

Luck, obviously

Luck's a much better player at the moment, and he was better as a rookie as well. It's just the truth.

Bortles has a lot of potential, and I think he can take a big step forward next year, but until that happens, it's all just hoping.

Quote:Luck is extremely overated. Im not saying he is god awful but no where close to the hype and he gets worst ea season. BB5 has potential to surpass Luck

What are you people talking about?  Luck has more INTs this year than last but he's improved in nearly every category in his 3 years in the league.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id...ndrew-luck

Luck obviously at this point.  an underrated stat though is Luck does have 21 TOs this year.  He just also puts up awesome offensive numbers to go along with the TOs

[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

Yeah, luck is the best qb in the division as of right now...

On the bright side, we now have the second best qb in the afcs... so we got that going for us.

Now if we could just get an O-line to protect him, that would be great

Quote:You're joking right?

If this is meant as a serious thread than Jags fans are dilusional.

Luck.

I'm embarrased to even have this posted on our MB. 

the people who are really answering in this thread are the funniest

Quote:I'm embarrased to even have this posted on our MB.

Yeah. This makes Jags fans look like Homer morons...Luck is better. Give blake a couple years to grow before we do this thread.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

It's not even close, guys. This thread needs to be removed; it really does undermine the perceived ability of Jags fans to think normally.

I love the two homers who voted Bortles. Luck is in a totally different league right now.  Infact Andrew Luck maybe the best Qb in the AFC.  Yes better than brady

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:I'm embarrased to even have this posted on our MB. 
I laughed because its true

Andrew Luck this year:

• Yds

• Y/G

• TD

• QBRat

/thread

Quote:Andrew Luck this year:
  • Yds 4492
  • Y/G 320.9