Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2013 NFL Draft Grades

Quote: he seems to have nailed the 2014 class.

We said the same thing about 2013 before we all witnessed the epic regression of Gratz and Ace, and the complete lack of any progression from Cyp and Evans. I've been happy with what I've seen from McCray so far, but I'm waiting until next season to see if he falls off a cliff like Gratz and Ace.

I don't even know where to lay the blame. Is it on Dave for a weak class which was masqueraded by Gus' schemes last year? Is it on the coaches for failing to develop the players while still giving them increased roles? So far Shoelace is the only one to show any progress (though neither Luke or McCray really had an opportunity to show any progression or regression due to such limited play time) and that is not good for the future of this team, regardless of who's to blame for it.

"The season's not over... we still have a bunch of games to lose..." - TemporaryName

"The middle of the field is like Narnia to us, we don't believe it really exists" - Marvsin

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:You mean playing like a raw rookie was supposed to sit his rookie season? gee, who woulda thunk it.

Bortles has shown me enough of the intangibles that you can't teach that I'm not worried about him come years 2-3 and beyond. You can fix his footwork issues with another offseason of work, and as he adjusts to the NFL he will become more comfortable and the game will slow down and he'll stop throwing as many picks. But you can't teach his mental toughness, how he stands tall in a muddled pocket and isn't afraid to take a hit, or his size and athleticism.  We've still picked the right QB, and what you want to see out of him in his first year as a rookie who was expected to struggle, contrary to popular belief, he's shown me.

Beyond him, we hit on A-Rob. We hit on Linder. We hit on Telvin. We hit on Bowanko. C-Smith has flashed. Colvin is back and we'll be able to see what he can do. The only real disappointment so far has been Lee and it's obviously too early to write him out, and when he's had opportunities he's flashed tremendous speed. Sounds like a knock out of the part type draft to me.
If the offensive gameplan stays the same, Bortles Will Never Adjust To THE Speed Of THE game.

I agree, the dude has the intangibles, but the offense needs to open up. After a bye week, you would expect the play book to open a little more, but it got even more conservative. Out of all the 1st down plays we had today, how many plays went past the LOS? Was there a pass thrown longer than 10 yards? The only one I can remember was when the Colts played zero coverage on a 3rd down, and we called a pick play to get Hurns open.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:it's easy to look at things in a vacuum. It's hard to separate the good and the bad. It's called intelligence.
Sure....whatever you said.

Quote:it's easy to look at things in a vacuum. It's hard to separate the good and the bad. It's called intelligence.

You're very green...

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

If Joeckel can't succeed under the tutelage of Tony B, maybe he isn't the guy.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:You mean playing like a raw rookie was supposed to sit his rookie season? gee, who woulda thunk it.

Bortles has shown me enough of the intangibles that you can't teach that I'm not worried about him come years 2-3 and beyond. You can fix his footwork issues with another offseason of work, and as he adjusts to the NFL he will become more comfortable and the game will slow down and he'll stop throwing as many picks. But you can't teach his mental toughness, how he stands tall in a muddled pocket and isn't afraid to take a hit, or his size and athleticism.  We've still picked the right QB, and what you want to see out of him in his first year as a rookie who was expected to struggle, contrary to popular belief, he's shown me.

Beyond him, we hit on A-Rob. We hit on Linder. We hit on Telvin. We hit on Bowanko. C-Smith has flashed. Colvin is back and we'll be able to see what he can do. The only real disappointment so far has been Lee and it's obviously too early to write him out, and when he's had opportunities he's flashed tremendous speed. Sounds like a knock out of the part type draft to me.
I'd take Carr or Bridgewater over BB at this points in their development.  I don't know if BB will turn out better int he long haul, time will tell but it's not looking good, at least yet.

Quote:When a rookie QB doesn't improve it's because they've hit a ceiling or have some uncorrectable fatal flaw. Bortles has neither of those problems. He will improve. 
We hope, but nothing in the last 6 games or so says he will improve.  That's a bad trend, not a blip!

you'd take Carr even though he has shown noting that makes him a better QB now or long term than Bortles other than he hasn't turn the ball over as much because he's been throwing for less than 6 yards all season. okay.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."