Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Passing on Mariota to stick with Bortles...

Quote:Not really.

You could easily say he's Colin Kaepernick with a weaker arm.  

That is what I see. I dont see Mariota as close to a sure thing in the NFL.

;

;

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Not really.

You could easily say he's Colin Kaepernick with a weaker arm.  
nope. he's much more accurate than Kaepernick

he has a career 66% completion percentage

Kaepernick college completion percentage for his career was 58%

come on man

you guys got to be able to look past color and SOME similarities to be able to see the full picture, and besides a couple similarities, these guys are not the same player

I'm not looking at Skin Color.  I didn't like Mariota last year, and I don't like him this year.  

You really think I'm judging him by the color of his skin when I was a fan of taking Teddy Bridgewater?  COME ON!

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:you guys got to be able to look past color and SOME similarities to be able to see the full picture, and besides a couple similarities, these guys are not the same player

Most people are saying he isn't

;

;

Quote:Humor me for a minute and imagine we have the 1st overall pick. The general consensus is since we took Blake last year we would have to give him more time. Then you try to trade down to accumulate picks since the needs on this Jags team are many.

I'm far from ready to write off Bortles, but my mind can't help but wander to the year we passed on Ben Roethlisberger since we had Leftwich.

What would you do? It's a franchise altering decision to make.

Mariota is gonna be in the same boat as Bortles he's coming out of a offense thats one read and will have to take a while to learn how to pass.

Coming out Bortles is a head of him as a passer, he is prob a better athlete but not by a huge margin 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:I'm not looking at Skin Color.  I didn't like Mariota last year, and I don't like him this year.  

You really think I'm judging him by the color of his skin when I was a fan of taking Teddy Bridgewater?  COME ON!
i just posted their college completion percentage which proves that he's more accurate than Kaepernick, now besides being runners, what is similar about them?

Quote:Mariota is gonna be in the same boat as Bortles he's coming out of a offense thats one read and will have to take a while to learn how to pass.

Coming out Bortles is a head of him as a passer, he is prob a better athlete but not by a huge margin 
lol lol lol

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2014, 08:07 PM by jagboss.)

I say Jameis.Right now, he's much more polished than Blake.

Hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

I don't think Mariota is such a slam dunk as many ppl think, but I'd certainly stir the pot if I'm the GM. Express interest, and wait for a great offer to move up for him. If not, take a stud DE/WR at the top of the draft, and give Bortles year 2 for evaluation. If he stinks, we'll be back at the top of the draft again in 2016.

I know people like to trumpet 2015 as the golden year, but we're gonna suck for a long time past that too

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2014, 08:08 PM by J-Mizzal.)

Quote:lol lol lol
Your looking at stats, I guess Manzail is the best QB out of college this year right?

Long term I think Hundley will be the best QB in next years draft if he leaves

If Jamis wasnt a headcase he would be a cant miss

Quote:Your looking at stats, I guess Manzail is the best QB out of college this year right?
Mariotta is deadly accurate. look at Bortles' accuracy

Every time I watch Oregon play, Mariota has receivers running wide open. I think the accuracy is overblown.

;

;

Quote:Every time I watch Oregon play, Mariota has receivers running wide open. I think the accuracy is overblown.
so did Manning and Rodgers in college

we cant fault him for the coaches scheming it up for him

Please slow down on Marcus Mariota. He has similar build to Kaepernick, but that's where the comparison ends. He does not have Kaep's arm, and he came out of a system that other "inferior" qbs had success. They just don't translate well in the pro.

If I were to pick someone as a son-in-law, Mariota could be an ideal candidate, but if I were to pick an NFL QB, Winston is my guy. You can say what you want about Winston's character -- and it's fair -- but he is first and foremost a football player with the QB skill to back it up.

I have a strong feeling Winston will be the first QB taken when it's all say and done.

Quote:Mariotta is deadly accurate. look at Bortles' accuracy
I'm talking about making NFL throws, plus your comparing Mariotta college accuracy to Bortles NFL accuracy. You have to compare him to Bortles in college

Quote:so did Manning and Rodgers in college

we cant fault him for the coaches scheming it up for him

It's been almost 20 years but I don't recall Manning having receivers running wide open.

;

;

Because of his clean image and the program he's playing for, Mariota will receive most of the hype, but if GMs and coaches have to pick a QB in the top 5, Winston is the pick -- he's a much better NFL prospect on the field.

Quote:nope. he's much more accurate than Kaepernick

he has a career 66% completion percentage

Kaepernick college completion percentage for his career was 58%

come on man

Because he plays in a dink and dunk offense.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."