Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Passing on Mariota to stick with Bortles...

Humor me for a minute and imagine we have the 1st overall pick. The general consensus is since we took Blake last year we would have to give him more time. Then you try to trade down to accumulate picks since the needs on this Jags team are many.

I'm far from ready to write off Bortles, but my mind can't help but wander to the year we passed on Ben Roethlisberger since we had Leftwich.

What would you do? It's a franchise altering decision to make.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2014, 06:37 PM by thunderbuns.)

I fully expect to hear this question 1,000 times between now and the draft

Eh, I think Mariota will be a bust.

Imagine if we take Mariota, and he's terrible.  I mean imagine if the year after we took Blaine Gabbert, we drafted Brandon Weedon.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Take Mariota trade bortles to qb needy team
"Get Better Everyday"

Wildcat! Smile

i would take Mariota in a heartbeat

I would rather trade the first pick, way to soon to give up on bortles

Ehhhh, don't people compare Mariota to Kaepernick? Not really a fan of Kaep's game. 

Quote:Ehhhh, don't people compare Mariota to Kaepernick? Not really a fan of Kaep's game. 

Which is a bad comparison. Kaep has a cannon arm. Mariota does not.

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2014, 06:45 PM by Jaguarforlife.)

Mariota is a west coast QB. He'll become the new Colin Kaepernick.  Why draft another QB?

Quote:Which is a bad comparison. Kaep has a cannon arm. Mariota does not.

i like mariota a lot but i see it as more of a lateral move.

mariota is a much better passer than kaep. smarter, mainly. not as strong of an arm but the way he can read the defense and accuracy is a lot better than kaep.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Can't play the "what if" game.  You have to do what's best for the franchise at the moment the decision is on the table with the information that you currently have.  If this scenario comes to pass and we have the 1st overall pick and a QB appears to be worthy of the number 1 overall selection, then you without question trade that pick away.  Even if Bortles busts, those extra picks should lead to a much better roster in the years to come that a serviceable veteran QB picked up in free agency should be able to come in and lead to the playoffs.

I think Bortles will look 100x better with a competent coach. 

Trade the pick and strengthen the oline, linebackers and safety in the draft

Il still all for trading the pick away for more picks.

Quote:Eh, I think Mariota will be a bust.

Imagine if we take Mariota, and he's terrible.  I mean imagine if the year after we took Blaine Gabbert, we drafted Brandon Weedon.
Imagine if we didn't draft Anger in the 3rd and took Russell Wilson...

I think Mariota is Kaepernick 2.0  ----- I personally like Jameis as a QB if he had a better character history.

Quote:I think Mariota is Kaepernick 2.0  ----- I personally like Jameis as a QB if he had a better character history.

They definitely don't have the same arm. I have seen the comparison alot and do not see it.

;

;

people only compare Mariotta to Kaepernick because both have similar skin

lets be real here

but that's where the comparison begins and ends

Quote:people only compare Mariotta to Kaepernick because both have similar skin

lets be real here

but that's where the comparison begins and ends

Not really.

You could easily say he's Colin Kaepernick with a weaker arm.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke.