Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Honest question what's different next year?

We should be looking like the Rams at this point.  Fisher is an awesome coach.  Bradley is not.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Ah the internet. Where everyone who thinks the team should be showing improvement is year two is a madden player with their panties in a wad.

No not everyone.  Just you.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Nobody's panties are in a wad if we're progressing and can identify specific areas of needs to address in FA and the draft. But we have holes all over this team in this second season of their roster.

Regards...................the Chiefjag

Quote:Nobody's panties are in a wad if we're progressing and can identify specific areas of needs to address in FA and the draft. But we have holes all over this team in this second season of their roster.

^This^

Quote:Nobody's panties are in a wad if we're progressing and can identify specific areas of needs to address in FA and the draft. But we have holes all over this team in this second season of their roster.

Yep, when people say "Holey Jaguars" they don't even realize how right they are.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:No not everyone.  Just you.

Okay then. If that makes you feel better.

This team isn't being coached. Bradley thinks he can get away with just being super enthusiastic. News flash buddy.... You have to teach these young guys how to play.

1-10 is just straight pathetic.

Quote:Not me.  Sounds like your kid is just stupid.
Lol, maybe the Jags are just "stupid."

Quote:I agree with this.  I was hoping to be pushing for .500 this year.  But if the reaction is to fire everyone and cut the QB which it seems to be, I have to differ.

I don't think I have seen anyone say "cut the QB". I think most would say continue to build around him despite rookie struggles.

;

;

Quote:I don't think I have seen anyone say "cut the QB". I think most would say continue to build around him despite rookie struggles.

Bingo.

And if they are going to build around the QB, than a coaching change is necessary. OC almost certain, head coach definitely possible.

;

;

Quote:The defense is better.  The running game is better.  Bortles is a rookie, what better evidence do you need of a player with the potential to turn it around.  He's athletic and has a great arm.  He also has a rookie receiving corps and is playing tentatively due to the turn overs.  Is there any question that he's a better QB than Henne or Gabbert?  The special teams have made some big mistakes but there are aspects tthat are playing well.  Mularkey was dealing with a team that hadn't been completely torn down and rebuilt from scratch.  This year's team has *waaaaay* more upside so try to hold on to some perspective.

Sometimes those that are trying to rationalize the absurd have a difficulty recognizing reality and are lacking true self awareness... Have you ever considered the above defense of our offense is actually the skin deep analysis?

The above defense is riddled with cliches and broad generalizations and no true analysis... Just saying, hb, you might want to look in the mirror

The running game is better because we broke a couple low 100 yard games recently? The only area we've improved in this year is on the defensive line. The rest of this crap can truly be overhauled.

In front of an average home attendance of 40,000.

Quote:In front of an average home attendance of 40,000.
I hate to say it, but you have to show your disapproval of this with your wallet, and lots of Jags fans are going to stop coming to the games if this continues.  

Knowing you will get blown out by double digits every game just plain isn't fun, not when it happens year after year and nothing changes..

Quote:In front of an average home attendance of 40,000.

Not next week. The stadium will be full of Giants fans that make the drive up from central and south Florida. It will be a sea of blue.

Now the last two home games will be full of fans dressed as empty seats.

Hooray we have 4 positions of improvement on a 22 player roster.  Two solid years of tear it down and start over and we have 4 positions that have an arrow pointing up.  There is no silver lining as we reach December and see no offensive improvement.

You can't even point at the QB to get excited.  Hey long interceptions when the team is actually moving up and down the field was exciting.  Ever since the audibles have stopped being called this team has turned Bortels into Gabbert.  I'm tired of it all.  Bad QB play coupled with an absolute hand cuffing called game plan.  How the heck do you have 2 weeks of preparation and roll out the exact same tired and failing game plan?

Of course I'll keep supporting the team but darn dang nabbit this team is a pain in the but and not much enjoyment.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.