Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags have "lost faith" in Leroy Reynolds

who thought this guy was really anything special?  I mean, except for homers who gush about anybody and everybody in training camp

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:There is no "next guy up" mentality for this coaching staff. A starter goes down, we are screwed for the season.

How do you figure that? Lost Alan Ball, in comes Demetrius McCray. Lost Paul Poz, in comes J.T Thomas. Lost Toby Gerhart, in comes Denard Robinson. Shoot, I don't even think Bowanko and Linder were starting in the beginning of the season if I remember correctly.

Even our "backup" QB has came in and played better than the original starter, Chad Henne.

Your post is just wrong.

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:who thought this guy was really anything special?  I mean, except for homers who gush about anybody and everybody in training camp
I don't think anybody thought he was special. Just a solid player with good potential if he ever did reach it.

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:He said this is why you shouldn't rely on UDFA's, yet these UDFA's are playing better than before we gutted this mess.

Try to keep up.

They are? Laroy Reynolds isn't playing any better than the jokers playing in 2012. 

And you might not be aware. But we are allowed to draft linebackers before the fifth round. Or sign one for more than the veteran minimum. LaRoy would not  be playing for any other team.

Quote:How do you figure that? Lost Alan Ball, in comes Demetrius McCray. Lost Paul Poz, in comes J.T Thomas. Lost Toby Gerhart, in comes Denard Robinson. Shoot, I don't even think Bowanko and Linder were starting in the beginning of the season if I remember correctly.

Even our "backup" QB has came in and played better than the original starter, Chad Henne.

Your post is just wrong.

Excellent retort.

No one can deny this staff does a good job at developming young players. I heard or read that that was one of the things about Gus that they really liked when they knew they were going to go ultra young. Get a coach who knows how to develop young guys and Gus/staff has at least proven this to be true.

(This post was last modified: 11-19-2014, 05:01 PM by Predator.)

Quote:They are? Laroy Reynolds isn't playing any better than the jokers playing in 2012. 

And you might not be aware. But we are allowed to draft linebackers before the fifth round. Or sign one for more than the veteran minimum. LaRoy would not  be playing for any other team.
We had a lot of holes to fill. Are you suggesting we should have ignored QB, receiver, Oline, and CB just to go after more LBs in the draft?

We've hit the free agent market every year for LBs. There weren't a lot of young quality FAs available and at this point in the rebuild it wouldn't be a very practical thing to gamble a bunch of money at an aging vet until we were able to see what the younger guys brought in could do.

You can't fix every position in one off season. It's not like we had a dozen picks in the first few rounds.

When you are dealing with limited availability of players, sometimes you have to focus your resources in one area and hope to find some diamonds in the rough in others until you have the resources again to address that position.

As a roster builds and players come into their own, strengths and deficiencies become better defined. There was no crystal ball that said players like Geno Hayes, Dakota Watson, or Reynolds (especially after how he came on late last season) wouldn't be able to take their game to the next level. It took a season of playing for that to become apparent.

As our weaknesses become more defined, we have the ability to concentrate our resources on fewer positions. LB has shown itself to be a glaring need. I'm sure that fixing that position will be a focal point this coming off season.

We've had so many gaping holes to fill on this roster and we've really only just got started with Dave doing the pick'en.  Yup... LB is one of those gaping  holes that we'll need to address. So many needs and so few high draft picks... Many of these guys who currently are (or were) on the roster ( Reynolds, for instance...) are really just 'stop gap' players until the opportunity presents itself to significantly upgrade. Until then, all we can do is make do with what we can get. Sucks to be us right now....

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Quote:And yet these UDFAs are still playing up to the level of the Mularkey vets so what the hell is your point?

You did realise Mularkey didn't draft any players? Let's not put the blame on 'his vets'

We DO have a Next Man Up Mentality.   Unfortunately, the Next Man Up is usually just as bad as the starter.

Mularkey ??   That dude was dealt a 2 of spades, 4 of hearts, 7 of diamond, 8 of spades, and a Jack of Hearts and told to go out and win this hand of poker.

They've lost faith in an UDFA?  And this is a big deal why? 

There were a ton of holes to fill for this team when Caldwell took over.  LB hasn't been as high a priority in the draft, but I would imagine that will change in 2015. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:They've lost faith in an UDFA?  And this is a big deal why? 

There were a ton of holes to fill for this team when Caldwell took over.  LB hasn't been as high a priority in the draft, but I would imagine that will change in 2015. 

Exactly.

So he records 12 stops in the course of 5 games, and then his playing time completely disappears? So which of the games did he absolutely suck in? Because 12 stops in 5 games is a pretty dang good number...

Strange.

Quote:MLB at 2 overall? Lol.

You don't think that's a premium position? Ok. So if we had a chance to draft Ray lewis at that spit you'd laugh?
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:You don't think that's a premium position? Ok. So if we had a chance to draft Ray lewis at that spit you'd laugh?

If we take a MLB at number 2, I will move to Jacksonville, get a job within the organisation, probably something small on a much less salary than I'm on at the moment, but I will work lots and lots of overtime and give 110%, eventually I will build up trust, get a few promotions all in the hope that I would run into dave Caldwell just once to punch him.

(This post was last modified: 11-19-2014, 07:19 PM by Jinjo.)

Dream scenario this offseason: Sign KJ Wright who has no shot of being back in SEA. Hope SF cuts Ahmad Brooks. 

Will: Telvin

MLB: KJ

OTTO: Brooks

The otto functions pretty much like the strong outside LB in a 3-4. Which is what Brooks does now. 

Im pretty confident there will be new starters at all 3 LB positions next year. 

Quote:You don't think that's a premium position? Ok. So if we had a chance to draft Ray lewis at that spit you'd laugh?
With the decline in the value of RBs the MLB is also facing the same fate. With faster more athletic TEs being sought out and used more and more in NFL offenses, I'm thinking ball hawking coverage safeties are going to start rising in value.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

LaRoy became kind of a fan favorite after running around with his helmet off and making a tackle playing special teams.....

in real play, he hasn't done much good at all.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Even with Poz this is one of if not the worst LB corps in the entire league.  Upgraded desperately needed

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Perryman from Miami please
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>