Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2015 First Draft Pick

Quote:I think a team that looks like the following is a playoff team:

QB - Bortles, Henne

RB - Duke Johnson, Robinson, Gerhart, Johnson

FB - Ta'ufo'ou

WR - Blackmon, Robinson, Hurns, Lee, Sanders

TE - Jordan Cameron, Harbor

LT - Joeckel, Wells

LG - Linder, Beadles

OC - Nick Hardwick, Bowanko

RG - Mike Iupati

RT - La'el Collins, Pazstor

RDE - Greg Hardy, Branch, Davis

DT - Marks, Hood

DT - Suh, Jones

LDE - Bryant, Alualu, Smith

SLB - Shaq Thompson, Reynolds

MLB - Denzel Perryman, Thomas

WLB - Smith, Hayes

CB - Gratz, McCray, Ball, Blackmon, Colvin

FS - Devin McCourty, Evans

SS - Cyprien, Loston
lol

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:lol

it works on madden

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Or you guys don't realize how much cap space we actually have...

It's improbable to actually land that many marquee free agents, but we do have the cap space and then some leftover.

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2014, 01:20 PM by rufftime.)

Quote:Or you guys don't realize how much cap space we actually have...

It's improbable to actually land that many marquee free agents, but we do have the cap space and then some leftover.
And what happens next year? A good chunk of our cap room is one time carry over. Are we going to pay cancers like Suh and Hardy 8-10 million a year?

Quote:And what happens next year? A good chunk of our cap room is one time carry over. Are we going to pay cancers like Suh and Hardy 8-10 million a year?

Read what I posted earlier. After cutting Poz and Lewis we would have over 60 million in cap space, NOT including the 30 million rollover.

No, we aren't going to pay them 8-10 million per year... They are going to cost significantly more than that.

People don't realize how good of a cap situation we are in currently. We got rid of most of our bad contracts, have a ton of space, a rapidly growing cap, and no huge resigning looming. Our current team is already bought and paid for for the next 3 years.

Quote:Read what I posted earlier. After cutting Poz and Lewis we would have over 60 million in cap space, NOT including the 30 million rollover.

No, we aren't going to pay them 8-10 million per year... They are going to cost significantly more than that.

People don't realize how good of a cap situation we are in currently. We got rid of most of our bad contracts, have a ton of space, a rapidly growing cap, and no huge resigning looming. Our current team is already bought and paid for for the next 3 years.

I don't see how that's possible.  Cutting Lewis and Poz would only open up 13 million.  (cutting Poz would still leave 4 mil in dead money against the cap I think)

That's 41 mil before rollover if I'm not mistaken. 

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/jacksonville-.../cap/2014/

Regardless  -  it's a good situation and I'm very excited to see who they pursue in March. 

I really think they'll sign an impact player or two. 

Quote: 

@ESPNdirocco: They have the most money available (approximately $28 million) so they should be the top dog at the bowl. However, it's hard to tell how big of a splash they'll make because it depends on which players are available. One this is certain: They'll be aggressive.

Quote:Or you guys don't realize how much cap space we actually have...

its not possible to sign that many guys who will have those kinds of contracts... hardy, suh, iupati.... those 3 guys alone will be close to the highest paid guys at their positions and will get a ton of guaranteed money. next season we need money to resign other guys. its just not realistic.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Our Free Agent signings in 2015 will probably be a lot like those in 2014, but with the addition of one big name.  I would hope, though, that the quality of the signings would be a little higher.

Quote:Our Free Agent signings in 2015 will probably be a lot like those in 2014, but with the addition of one big name.  I would hope, though, that the quality of the signings would be a little higher.

not saying its likely because of the red flags and such but i wouldnt be surprised if with the cash we have we could get 2 of them. something like cameron and greg hardy. should be a pretty big splash.

One thing's for sure... the pond will still have a lot of big fish in it when we pick.  You can never have enough pass rushers....

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana