Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
FINALLY - Pressure from a four man rush - Been a long time

Red Bryant made a world of difference. Anyone notice how Mccoy had almost NO success on the stretch plays? Im hoping we get to play off caliber before him and Clemmons let age catch up to them. Heck, Ziggy Hood even looked good. With a healthy Cyp and Poz, this defense is scary when offense stays on the field long enough for them to catch their breath
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Red Bryant made a world of difference. Anyone notice how Mccoy had almost NO success on the stretch plays? Im hoping we get to play off caliber before him and Clemmons let age catch up to them. Heck, Ziggy Hood even looked good. With a healthy Cyp and Poz, this defense is scary when offense stays on the field long enough for them to catch their breath
I agree and would add that Roy Miller is a totally different player this year than last. He is stout inside and is pretty dang athletic stringing the play down the line the same way Big Red does on the outside. Apparently his shoulder was a huge detriment to him last year. With him and Big Red playing like they did yesterday our run D will be a force. 

Other than Sproles long TD which we all know was a cluster F of mistakes by back ups and coaching, the run D up front looked good. 

"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

Didn't Ziggy Hood recover a fumble? I knew when I saw that he will be good for us.

If Poz and Cypren never left the game, we probably would not have given up as many points. I think we should ignore the defense's rank just because it was the offense's fault they were on the field so long and got tired.

This kind of pass rush efficiency is by design.  Just more evidence that things are on schedule for Gus Bradley.

Check out who had the best pass rushing productivity last year and cross reference it with pass rushing productivity without the blitz.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/20...-blitzing/

We were dead last in that category, so it can only go up.

I expect this defense to be top 10 this year.  Probably not enough offense to keep them off the field enough for top 5.

Quote:This kind of pass rush efficiency is by design.  Just more evidence that things are on schedule for Gus Bradley.

Check out who had the best pass rushing productivity last year and cross reference it with pass rushing productivity without the blitz.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/20...-blitzing/
In blitz percentage.  Not blitz efficiency.  32nd in blitz percentage.  Seattle was 28th in blitz percentage.  I don't expect Gus to blitz much.  

Quote:I expect this defense to be top 10 this year.  Probably not enough offense to keep them off the field enough for top 5.

It depends on how much they play. Teams like the Seahawks are able to keep their good defenses on the sideline, so they don't get tired after halftime. Look it up. How many teams with awful offenses  also have very good defenses? Do all of the top 10 defenses play as much as ours did at Philadelphia?

We set a franchise record for sacks in a half by rushing four 94% of the time.

I like it!
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:What were you expecting me to do?

What Caldwell did was hire a defensive coordinator to be the head coach. I am sure that had something to do with it - as well as the fact some of those linemen played for him in Seattle.
Chris Smith - Arkansas - DL was drafted this year...

Was waiting for you to point that out...

Quote:In blitz percentage. Not blitz efficiency. 32nd in blitz percentage. Seattle was 28th in blitz percentage. I don't expect Gus to blitz much.
If anybody watched the Thursday night game, you'd have noticed that even in obvious passing situations, they rushed four and tried to take away as much field as possible with the remaining defenders. (Seattle)
Making up

Evidence

Depending on

Information

Available