Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
FINALLY - Pressure from a four man rush - Been a long time

<div>

</div>
Quote:

<div>
<span style="color:rgb(136,153,166);font-size:13px;"><span>@ryanohalloran</span></span> · <span>2m</span>
</div>

<p style="font-size:26px;">
#Jaguars rushed four players on 51 of Nick Foles' 54 drop-backs yesterday. Rushed three once and five twice.

We've needed this and have waited a long time to have it again. 

One small silver lining from the loss. 

This line will wreak havoc on some of our opponents this season and will hopefully be able to do it for 60 minutes against more traditional offenses. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time.

I wished we would've blitzed a bit more in the second half.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I wished we would've blitzed a bit more in the second half.

Me too.  The four man rush wasn't working any longer and I was surprised the 2nd half wasn't a bit more blitz heavy.

The 2nd half started with a ton of quick passes...Don't think the blitzes would have made an impact...should have gone to a tighter press coverage to disrupt the quick passes.

Amen to that  !!!  We wasted so many draft picks trying to rush the passer.  Caldwell comes in and it's fixed in 2 seasons WITHOUT EVEN HAVING TO DRAFT ANOTHER DEFENSIVE LINEMAN !!

Quote:Amen to that  !!!  We wasted so many draft picks trying to rush the passer.  Caldwell comes in and it's fixed in 2 seasons WITHOUT EVEN HAVING TO DRAFT ANOTHER DEFENSIVE LINEMAN !!

Baiting a JW response with that last line?

We still need a bonafide passrusher. The DL was serviceable. Need Poz & Cyp on the field too

This line was great yesterday. Having a rotation will only help.

I am looking forward to this year when this team starts settling in. That will happen too. So many rookies and new players in this system. Once this thing gells, this should be fun to watch.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

I keep saying wait till/if Watson and Telvin Smith click and the speed they can offer to our pass rush.

Quote:Baiting a JW response with that last line?

What were you expecting me to do?

What Caldwell did was hire a defensive coordinator to be the head coach. I am sure that had something to do with it - as well as the fact some of those linemen played for him in Seattle.

The line is gonna kill RGIII but I still think we'll lose because of our efficient offense.

Quote:We still need a bonafide passrusher. The DL was serviceable. Need Poz & Cyp on the field too

I think Poz will be OK. He was not out very long.

Just serviceable? What do you call three forced fumbles, two on sacks, that we recovered? That is way better than "serviceable."

Quote:The line is gonna kill RGIII but I still think we'll lose because of our efficient offense.

How does an efficient offense lose the game?

The problem is offense, obviously.

As Bradley point out post game take away Sproles run and McCoy's 19 yarder and the run defense allows 77 yards on 30 carries. Eliminate that big play and this defense has improved in all aspects.

Ryan Davis seems to make plays when he's on the field. Two sacks and a recovered fumble yesterday. 

Quote:Ryan Davis seems to make plays when he's on the field. Two sacks and a recovered fumble yesterday. 

Yeah he was good.  Who forced the fumble he recovered?

Clemons was a monster on the end.  It was really great to see that!  The D-Line did great.  I thought the secondary actually held there own as well while Cyp was in.  I just hope he get's well soon.

This D is gonna surprise alot of people!  I heard on the radio that RG3 checked down for the majority of his yardage.  If that's the case, we're gonna tee off of him and that offense.  

Once the offense get's it figured out (Bortles) we're gonna be dangerous!  

Absolutely loved how fast their pocket collapsed in the first half of the game and most of the second.  Amazing to see that kind of domination again.  Hope it continues throughout the season. 

We killed it in the first half when we were continually rotating fresh legs into the lineup and destroying the line. Branch played solidly. If our offense wasn't so ineffective in the second half we could've done even more damage.