Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Don't blame it all on the Henne

Quote:There are very very few Quarterbacks in this league that can play well for an entire game without a run game.

Henne is not one of those quarterbacks, is that his fault? Not really I have no doubt he played to the best of his abilities. Is it frustrating? Massively. Should we make a kneejerk reaction? No

Let's not forget we were playing a team that has been talked about as potential Super Bowl contenders.

We will win next week against the Skins.

End.

Teams don't fear the pass at all with Henne. Better QB play will help both the OL and the run game.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If that was the case our run game should of been quality in the second quarter, because we lit them up through the air first quarter Big Grin

Quote:Yeah, we were up 17-14, but the thing is that the momentum had swung. Henne got tight and the play calling and personnel packages got way too conservative. Honestly, if you weren't already freaking out about the fact that we letting this game go by the middle of the 3rd Quarter, you weren't paying much attention.

I agree with your 2nd paragraph. The O-Line, while making some really bad whiffs during pass protection did a pretty OK job in keep Henne clean most of the time. The O-Line isn't as big a concern as it was for me during pre-season. Probably 1 more game against Washington, and we'll have a pretty OK group in terms of pass rush... Run blocking? Who knows? But that's a different subject.

As far as Bortles winning that game... If the play calling remains exactly the same, there would have been several drives that I still could see going 3 and out. We just go so conservative that it would have been hard of any QB. With that said, I mentioned yesterday that Henne looked like he got VERY nervous after we took the 17-0lead, and specifically in the 2nd Half.

By nervous I mean he was playing tight and I wonder if Bortles would get like that... If Bortles is as loose as he was in the Pre-Season, we may very well have won that game with him in there.

But, and this is important here... The coaches are still preparing Bortles He's gonna start soon. But he's not quite ready yet. Remember, he's a rookie. But hey, maybe the'll name Bortles the starter this week. Any case, He's starting soon enough.
I agree with this