Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Don't blame it all on the Henne

Yes yesterdays loss was extremely frustrating and looked like the same old Jags.  People are looking for someone to blame and of course Chad Henne is the first one on the list.

Yes he deserves some blame for some bad throws and poor decisions but he was hardly the main reason why we lost.  Look at the numbers: 

QBR (90) Yds(266) TD(2) INT(0) Comp(55%)  While not mind blowing numbers they are pretty good.  Infact it wasn't for some of the receivers having butter hands and catching some good balls his numbers would of been even better.

There is plenty of blame to go around

-Oline can't run or pass block

-Center does not snap the ball forcing us to waste TO's

-Coaching staff not calling timeout on the 4th and short and allowing the long td run

-Lee who missed badly on 2 key plays

-Key injuries

-Prosinski for falling for PA and allowing Macklin to walk into the endzone

The list goes on and on.  Yes Henne deserves some blame but he played well enough to win. 

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Completely agree.  But... good luck with that.

Some won't listen because they were mad at Henne before the game.  If we'd won, they would have claimed it was "in spite of" Henne.

Unfortunately some will ignore the truth of what you've said and instead blame him, and blame him solely, no matter what.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Why does Gus Bradley get blamed for not calling a timeout? Any player on the field can call it.

I actually was not mad at anyone for the failure to call a timeout. I was just mad the play did not work.

<div>

</div>
Quote:

<div>
<span style="color:rgb(136,153,166);font-size:13px;"><span>@ryanohalloran</span></span> · <span>5h</span>
</div>

<p style="font-size:16px;">

<p style="font-size:16px;">
Gus says he made mistake on Sproles TD run -- "I should have called timeout."

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2014, 06:16 PM by Scarecrow.)

Quote:Completely agree.  But... good luck with that.

Some won't listen because they were mad at Henne before the game.  If we'd won, they would have claimed it was "in spite of" Henne.

Unfortunately some will ignore the truth of what you've said and instead blame him, and blame him solely, no matter what.

This isn't true.  Henne's play deserves the majority of the criticism it's gotten.  Some of it has been too much, sure, but fans are sick and tired of the same old same old.  Overdoing criticism after last season and the 2nd half yesterday is expected. To be honest, I'm surprised it hasn't been worse than it has been.

I wasn't "mad" at Henne.  I like Chad Henne.  I don't like the decision to make him the starter.  There are others who think the same, that makes us mad? The entire offense didn't play up to par in the 2nd half.  I stand by that if the QB had played better the team would have been in the game and likely pulled it off given a 17 point lead.

It is not just the second half. What if we had converted third downs where we had to settle for field goals? If we went to the locker room with a 42-0 lead, the second half collapse would not be so bad.

But then who CAN I blame it all on?

Quote:Completely agree.  But... good luck with that.

Exactly.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Henne isn't the future and everyone knows that. But Gus named Henne the starter and, based on yesterday, should stay the starter. He did nothing to lose the job.

Quote:It is not just the second half. What if we had converted third downs where we had to settle for field goals? If we went to the locker room with a 42-0 lead, the second half collapse would not be so bad.

You should have prayed for that. In fact, you should have prayed for a 56-0 halftime lead just to be sure.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Why does Gus Bradley get blamed for not calling a timeout? Any player on the field can call it.

I actually was not mad at anyone for the failure to call a timeout. I was just mad the play did not work.

It's the head coaches job to know the situation.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

The Boners for Bortles crew disagree.

But anyone with a shred of football sense knows the blame falls on many.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Henne isn't the future and everyone knows that. But Gus named Henne the starter and, based on yesterday, should stay the starter. He did nothing to lose the job.

He's done nothing to "win" it to start with.  

I still don't see how Bortles hasn't shown he's ready, how he hasn't shown he's got the ability to play now, how he hasn't shown he can handle himself just fine on the field.  Bortles is a gamer.  You don't sit him on the bench, you let him play, take his lumps and grow with the rest of the offense.

The longer they sit him the more time they're wasting.  Chad shouldn't be the starter and never should have been the starter.  He's a backup QB that's been asked/forced to do too much. 

I realize that Henne has a losing record as a starter for the Jags, but he does have a few wins as starting QB, although I'm too lazy to look up exactly how many.

I know it's not very many though, unfortunately.  

My question is: Does Henne get the credit for any of his wins? Or did the Jags win the games he started in spite of Henne?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Henne isn't the future and everyone knows that. But Gus named Henne the starter and, based on yesterday, should stay the starter. He did nothing to lose the job.

I don't get this logic.  It's not really his job to lose in the first place.  Nothing he did yesterday suggests that he should stay the starter.  The only reason he's staying the starter is because they don't believe Bortles is ready yet.  As soon as Bortles is ready, they'll name him the starter instead.  I don't believe Henne is capable of putting up a performance good enough to delay the decision to start Bortles at this point.  Once he's ready, he's going to start.  It's just a matter of when he's ready.  I don't think Henne's bad play will accelerate when Bortles comes out either.  He could go 2/19 for -3 yards and 4 interceptions, and I don't think it would make them start Bortles if they think he's not ready.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

I don't blame Henne. He played like he always does, up and down.

The real criticism is for not playing your best player

Quote:I don't blame Henne. He played like he always does, up and down.

The real criticism is for not playing your best player

True

Stat that carries weight:

http://espn.go.com/blog/jacksonville-jag...or-jaguars

Quote:You should have prayed for that. In fact, you should have prayed for a 56-0 halftime lead just to be sure.

LOL

Who would have guessed we needed a lead bigger than 17 points? For most teams, that is good enough.

No blame here on Henne. OL was just plain awful.