Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Prepare yourselves. This offense is going to be Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde all season.

Quote:The video was linked and speaks for itself.

At this point with your continued need to deny reality one of us does look foolish, and I expect people who dislike me for constantly being correct about unpopular things will think it's me. They'll be wrong as usual, though.

At this point with your continued need to deny reality one of us does look foolish, and I expect people who dislike me for constantly being correct about unpopular things will think it's me. They'll be wrong as usual, though.
The reality that seems to be blowing your simple little mind was that it was a well executed TD play.

There is nothing unpopular about what you are saying other than it is down right stupid.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Henne will always throw well one down then bad the next. It is what it is. I think what Gus and Fisch is trying to do is simply find out what plays he throws well on (middle of field throws) and do more of them. As such, Hurns benefited from being in the middle of the field more often than not.

That first half, They both were on fire. Second half, They both weren't. Simple as that. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

Of course with Henne at QB the offense will be Jekyll and Hyde.  Henne's entire career has been Jekyll and Hyde.  There isn't any reason to expect this year to be any different.

Quote:Oline - Great in pass blocking, Absolutely horrendous in run blocking. Scheme or personnel? I think its a little bit of both. I doubt it gets better until next season.

Bottom line, Expect these guys to look amazing one quarter and crap the next. I expect them to get better as time goes on however given the promise/potential of our rookies as they get more experience. The O-line and TE situation won't get any better until next offseason.

They could use this...

http://smartfootball.com/run-game/does-a...BRhtB.dpbs

Quote:Too bad Mr. Hyde isn't Carlos Hyde

Yeah, I would have loved to have him on the roster if our biggest need was running back. But even he would look bad behind our offensive line.

Hopefully after we fix the line, Toby Gerhart will look better next season. But first things first, I am concerned about him running on a bad ankle.

Quote:And his "good throws" weren't actually that good.

The long TD was underthrown and Hurns did a great job coming back for it and not getting it knocked out by the defender and the short catch and run TD was a terrible pass made up for by excellent WR play.

So why wasn't Allen Hurns drafted?

I usually don't get involved in these 'I'm right, you're wrong' contests, but on that 2nd TD?  Oklahomie is correct in his stating that Henne's pass was under-thrown as even the announcer stated, and I quote," What a great grab.. Not a great throw by Chad Henne....Great body control by Allen Hurns gets the ball into the end zone". I know.... the end justifies the means and who cares how it got there as long as it did, but the man was right.

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

While the 2nd TD to Hurns may have been a bit behind him, I thought the great thing Henne did on that play was first look to the WR (forget who it was) that was on the side line, he then came back to Hurns in the seam...

You gotta give credit where it's due.

Quote:While the 2nd TD to Hurns may have been a bit behind him, I thought the great thing Henne did on that play was first look to the WR (forget who it was) that was on the side line, he then came back to Hurns in the seam...

You gotta give credit where it's due.

Agreed. Henne played lights out the first half. Then Mr. Hyde came out to play in the 2nd half.

Quote:So why wasn't Allen Hurns drafted?

Why was Tom Brady a sixth round pick?

Why was Jared Allen a fourth round pick?

Why was Gabbert a top 10 pick?

Because sometimes talent evaluators get it wrong.

Quote:Why was Tom Brady a sixth round pick?

Why was Jared Allen a fourth round pick?

Why was Gabbert a top 10 pick?

Because sometimes talent evaluators get it wrong.

Just wanna add, GMs lately draft on potential and measurables. Brady had "meh" measurables as did Allen. Gabbert had amazing measurables. Shows you just how flawed that strategy is.

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2014, 12:51 PM by Adam2012.)

Hey, way to go! Done in the best TMD mode possible. He'll be so proud.

What's the opposite of "Henne apologist"? You're it.

Are you trying to erase your Gabbert apologist past by dumping on Henne for everything? It's not necessary. You're forgiven. 

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Hey, way to go! Done in the best TMD mode possible. He'll be so proud.

What's the opposite of "Henne apologist"? You're it.

Are you trying to erase your Gabbert apologist past by dumping on Henne for everything? It's not necessary. You're forgiven. 

"HEY EVERYONE, OKLAHOMIE IS RIGHT, BUT I DON'T LIKE HIM, SO I'LL BRING UP GABBERT INSTEAD TO TRY TO CAST ASPERSION ON WHAT HE'S SAYING!"

(What the post would say if it were purely capturing Adam2012's motives and feelings)

Quote:"HEY EVERYONE, OKLAHOMIE IS RIGHT, BUT I DON'T LIKE HIM, SO I'LL BRING UP GABBERT INSTEAD TO TRY TO CAST ASPERSION ON WHAT HE'S SAYING!"

(What the post would say if it were purely capturing Adam2012's motives and feelings)

No. Not really.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2014, 11:05 PM by Adam2012.)

Quote:"HEY EVERYONE, OKLAHOMIE IS RIGHT, BUT I DON'T LIKE HIM, SO I'LL BRING UP GABBERT INSTEAD TO TRY TO CAST ASPERSION ON WHAT HE'S SAYING!"

Don't you get it? It doesn't matter if you are wrong or right. Who are you trying to convince? You know, Gus probably isn't reading your posts.

You're just pulling the TMD garbage - trying to convince someone of your great insight so you can come back later to say "See, I told you!" Like anyone cares or will remember.

You took the whole Gabbert era so personally. Now you've attached yourself to Henne and are throwing around insults and telling others how stupid they are. Getting so invested in who should be quarterback? That's as deep as you can get?

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.