Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Prepare yourselves. This offense is going to be Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde all season.

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2014, 10:43 AM by BasshunterX.)

With or without Bortles I suspect as well although Henne does contribute to the inconsistency.

QB - Henne will always be Henne. Bortles whenever he starts will go through up and downs being a rookie

RB - Oline run blocking is hurting them bigtime and will go as far as the Oline takes them.

WR - Hurns and Lee both made amazing catches and amazing drops. They gotta get more experience.

Oline - Great in pass blocking, Absolutely horrendous in run blocking. Scheme or personnel? I think its a little bit of both. I doubt it gets better until next season.

TE - Lewis continues to miss the big ones. The pieces are still in place for him to make a comeback however I suspect catching inconsistency will always be apart of his game.

Bottom line, Expect these guys to look amazing one quarter and crap the next. I expect them to get better as time goes on however given the promise/potential of our rookies as they get more experience. The O-line and TE situation won't get any better until next offseason.

Its going to be fun watching these guys grow.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

crazy take bro. 

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:With or without Bortles I suspect as well although Henne does contribute to the inconsistency.

QB - Henne will always be Henne. Bortles whenever he starts will go through up and downs being a rookie

RB - Oline run blocking is hurting them bigtime and will go as far as the Oline takes them.

WR - Hurns and Lee both made amazing catches and amazing drops. They gotta get more experience.

Oline - Great in pass blocking, Absolutely horrendous in run blocking. Scheme or personnel? I think its a little bit of both. I doubt it gets better until next season.

TE - Lewis continues to miss the big ones. The pieces are still in place for him to make a comeback however I suspect catching inconsistency will always be apart of his game.

Bottom line, Expect these guys to look amazing one quarter and crap the next. I expect them to get better as time goes on however given the promise/potential of our rookies as they get more experience. The O-line and TE situation won't get any better until next offseason.

Its going to be fun aggravating as hell watching these guys grow.

Fixed. 

Quote:With or without Bortles I suspect as well although Henne does contribute to the inconsistency.

Its going to be fun watching these guys grow.

You're mistaken. Henne will always be bad.

Some posters just didn't realize what actually happened yesterday. The defense got him two turnovers in Eagles territory and Hurns made him look good in spite of his passes being about as bad as they usually are.

Too bad Mr. Hyde isn't Carlos Hyde

3 and outs galore. Henne 220 yards on 45+ throws.

Quote:3 and outs galore. Henne 220 yards on 45+ throws.

And his "good throws" weren't actually that good.

The long TD was underthrown and Hurns did a great job coming back for it and not getting it knocked out by the defender and the short catch and run TD was a terrible pass made up for by excellent WR play.

Quote:And his "good throws" weren't actually that good.

The long TD was underthrown and Hurns did a great job coming back for it and not getting it knocked out by the defender and the short catch and run TD was a terrible pass made up for by excellent WR play.
I thought the long pass to hurns from the endzone was a great pass by henne. I actually thought the hurns and lee drops in the second half were solid throws also. 

Quote:I thought the long pass to hurns from the endzone was a great pass by henne. I actually thought the hurns and lee drops in the second half were solid throws also. 

Here is the clip. Notice how Hurns is running wide open and the ball is badly underthrown and Hurns just did a great job adjusting to it and holding on.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2014090707/2014/REG1/jaguars@eagles#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000000390282&tab=videos

Is there any doubt in anyone's mind that Bortles hits him in stride a few yards deeper and Hurns doesn't even take a hit on the play?

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2014, 12:58 PM by Predator.)

Quote:Here is the clip. Notice how Hurns is running wide open and the ball is badly underthrown and Hurns just did a great job adjusting to it and holding on.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2014090707/2014/REG1/jaguars@eagles#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000000390282&tab=videos

Is there any doubt in anyone's mind that Bortles hits him in stride a few yards deeper and Hurns doesn't even take a hit on the play?
Nothing wrong with that pass.

Why lead him to the back of the endzone and risk an overthrow or Hurns not being able to get two feet down? He threw it just deep enough that the defense couldn't make a play. Perfectly good.

I'm with ya OP. I think it's what most expected heading in too.
TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:Nothing wrong with that pass.
Exactly.  This is a case where even the good things he did must be diminished.  Not a shock.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I'm with ya OP. I think it's what most expected heading in too.

Agreed.  That's the trademark of a young team, and this is one of the youngest rosters in the league.  Consistency will come with time. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:Nothing wrong with that pass.

Why lead him to the back of the endzone and risk an overthrow or Hurns not being able to get two feet down? He threw it just deep enough that the defense couldn't make a play. Perfectly good.

You can see it your way, I'll see it mine. If you want to be a Henne apologist that's your prerogative.

It's not like Hurns was running out of the back of the endzone. Good ball placement would have led him toward the middle of the field and a bit deeper down the field, instead Henne placed it such that it still resulted in a TD but was behind Hurns and gave the DB the opportunity to contest the catch.

Quote:You can see it your way, I'll see it mine. If you want to be a Henne apologist that's your prerogative.

It's not like Hurns was running out of the back of the endzone. Good ball placement would have led him toward the middle of the field and a bit deeper down the field, instead Henne placed it such that it still resulted in a TD but was behind Hurns and gave the DB the opportunity to contest the catch.
And still it ended in the end zone.  We're nitpicking. 

Quote:And still it ended in the end zone.  We're nitpicking. 

It's not nitpicking, it's giving the credit where it's due.

The performance yesterday was a credit to Hurns, not Henne.

With Bortles in the game on those plays the team does at least as well as Henne did.

Quote:You can see it your way, I'll see it mine. If you want to be a Henne apologist that's your prerogative.

I'm sorry. I didn't realize there was a need to apologize for a 34 yard TD pass.

He made it an easy catch away from the defenders. There is no reason to turn it into a more difficult throw. It was a smart, heady, veteran play.

Henne had his share of bad throws. I just don't feel the need to fabricate more of them.

Quote:I'm sorry. I didn't realize there was a need to apologize for a 34 yard TD pass.

He made it an easy catch away from the defenders. There is no reason to turn it into a more difficult throw. It was a smart, heady, veteran play.

Henne had his share of bad throws. I just don't feel the need to fabricate more of them.

You're too much, Predator.

I'm not sure how apologies come into it, but giving Henne credit for making a great throw by throwing it behind a guy running several yards free behind the defense is your choice. I recognize the pass for what it actually was, a "good enough to end up working" pass that Hurns made the play on.

Quote:You're too much, Predator.

I'm not sure how apologies come into it, but giving Henne credit for making a great throw by throwing it behind a guy running several yards free behind the defense is your choice. I recognize the pass for what it actually was, a "good enough to end up working" pass that Hurns made the play on.
You are claiming people are being apologist for saying there was nothing wrong with his pass, that's how apologies come into this.

There was no luck involved. It wasn't almost a turnover. It was a well executed 100% effective play requiring a catch that an average high school player could easily make.

If you want to talk about too much, too much is complaining about a perfectly executed TD play because it wasn't pretty enough for you. Just give it up. You look foolish trying to make a point with this play.

Quote:You are claiming people are being apologist for saying there was nothing wrong with his pass, that's how apologies come into this.

There was no luck involved. It wasn't almost a turnover. It was a well executed 100% effective play requiring a catch that an average high school player could easily make.

If you want to talk about too much, too much is complaining about a perfectly executed TD play because it wasn't pretty enough for you. Just give it up. You look foolish trying to make a point with this play.

The video was linked and speaks for itself.

At this point with your continued need to deny reality one of us does look foolish, and I expect people who dislike me for constantly being correct about unpopular things will think it's me. They'll be wrong as usual, though.