Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Anyone else feel worse than usual?

Quote:Look, I get the point that we "won the first half" and were competitive for a good portion of the game at least, but does anyone else feel like it would almost be better or not suck as much for the team to just fall behind early rather than get our hopes up and troll us in the second half when they come out flat?
NO

It is never better to have the team perform badly on purpose in order to spare your feelings?!?!   Banana 

I love watching the Jaguars play, and I was so happy and excited to see a glimpse of what will come by watching them play in this first half of the first game of the season on the road against one of the toughest Offense's in the league.

I knew the Eagles had a very weak pass defense, but I didnt think Chad Henne could score two touchdowns, but Hurns came thru for him.  Once we finally get Blake Bortles in the game, a real Center, a real Free Safety, and if Toby can finally step up and be the player we are all hoping he can be one day.. this team will be a playoff contender....

We just have to remain patient.. its coming....

GO JAGUARS!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:NO

It is never better to have the team perform badly on purpose in order to spare your feelings?!?!   Banana 

GO JAGUARS!!
I didn't mean on purpose. Basically the second half collapses are more demoralizing then just not having a chance from the beginning.

Worse than usual? Because we were crushing them until a pair of defensive injuries in the same postition? The offense fell apart on its own but we played a good game, Im excited.

"Snow and cold may have stopped the armies of Hitler and Napoleon, but they won't slow down the Jaguars. "
;

;
-Steve Sabol

Quote:I disagree with this point.  It takes ZERO guts for Bradley to bench Henne and play Bortles.  Bradley has guts to keep with Henne.  Do I think we should play Bortles?  Yes, like a majority of fans.  It takes guts to go against popular belief...not with it.
Yes, I do think BB should be playing.  Henne and BB are on par with each other so why wouldn't you play the kid with the potential to be great.  He has exceeded all expectations to this point and Henne has cemented his mediocre capabilities.  The right call at this point for the franchise is BB.