Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Anyone else feel worse than usual?

Man, that game got me real bad. I went into it expecting us to lose by double digits but the first half really gave me hope and I felt good. After the second half I feel so bad.

I'm just trying to take the positives out of it now, the D-line is good, Hurns looked really good and the pass protection wasn't too bad.

But damn, that sucks Sad

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Than usual... lol

It's part of being a Jaguar fan. It's in our DNA.

Nah. We are what we are. We knew coming into the season that it wasn't going to be pretty. If anything we played better than I imagined, at least for the first half. Get Bortles in there and things will probably get better, but I wasn't expecting much this season to begin with.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to win and win often, but I kind of felt this coming. Maybe I've become jaded...

Lots of postives here.  The defense played well.  The young draft picks (and the undrafted rookie Hurns) are going to be good players.  There just aren't enough good players right now.  There will be.

I expected a blowout, so no, I don't feel worse. I have maintained that as long as our o-line plays like it did in the preseason we were going to have a long year. My hope for this year was to be competitive which we were today.

Im ok with what I saw. I expect the Jags to win no games this year because it's not about win or loss for me. It's seeing where we found our improvements. Are we getting better? Yes. Will the loss start to put whispers about starting Bortles? Sure. 

I'd have felt sad but not real sad if we'd have been blown out like against KC last year. But the first half gave me real hope of picking up the win. Guess that's why Sad

It sucks because throughout the game you're thinking "Hey we can actually do this" then it's like the Jags become the biggest trolls ever and let the fans down so easily.

It's called the beautiful letdown.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

yes

but i think it's because of my own doing. i let myself believe unrealistically

What we saw today in many ways was a sign of youth and a very good Philly offense that was embarrassed in the first halg and came out with incredible focus in the second half. Most of the reasonable posters understood we were going to have to fight to even get to .500. The only thing that really changed today is that an upset felt really possible in the first half. Time to look towards the Skins.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I'm just happy they competed for 52 minutes. Now its time to make it a full 60. This wasn't as bad as you think it is right now. 

The score doesn't reflect the game.

Last year our 17 points would have come in the fourth quarter in garbage time.....

and we would have been manhandled most of the game.

Instead we manhandled them the first half....let them out of the bag in the third....and the fourth was...

the fourth, Wallbash

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Us winning this game meant that we would go to the playoffs and compete with Seattle. We would 2-0 every single team in the AFC South and then become a back to back Super Bowl winning dynasty.

I don't think you guys understand the momentum this win would've given us. Screw you... Offense.

Not really.  I didn't expect a win.  Of course I was excited when we took the 14-0 lead.  Even more so when we took a 17-0 lead.  

When the Eagles started coming back, I just felt like.. "I should've known it was too good to be true."  

This'll probably be a long year.  We need help at Center bad.  Maybe Runningback help too.  I know it wasn't all Gerhart's fault, but I'm still not sure he's starter-quality.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Yes because they completely threw the game, unlike the games of last year where there was never any hope anyways because the team was devoid of talent; today they had the win and gave it away.

The loss stings.  But man, I think we put alot of Question Marks on the iggles.  Alot of folks considered them primed for a playoff run.  I have a feeling some might not have such a glowing regard for Foles or for Kelley. 

We kicked their teeth in for most of that game, specifically our D against that "amazing" offense.

Alot to be happy about.  Alot to look forward to.

The loss really hurt only because we dominated the first half so much.. but their is a lot of positives to take from it.

I was about the same as you, Didnt expect us to win or have a real chance but when we started off super strong i was amazed. We lost so of course im sad Sad

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2014, 06:17 PM by ukjag34.)

nope nothing can compare to the chiefs loss last year 

this was a kick in the nads, that was a repeated stomping