Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
BigCatCountry's totally for sure unbiased breakdown of Andre Branch

BCC and PFT are no different really.

It's rumors and blogs thrown together to get hits on a site.

If you don't like the content, don't read it.

I find as many problems with BCC and PFT "news" as I do with ESPN and NFL.com....

sooo......

it is what it is. Alfie is a butt head but so are many posters on here.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 07-03-2014, 04:54 AM by Predator.)

Quote:BCC and PFT are no different really.

It's rumors and blogs thrown together to get hits on a site.

If you don't like the content, don't read it.

I find as many problems with BCC and PFT "news" as I do with ESPN and NFL.com....

sooo......

it is what it is. Alfie is a butt head but so are many posters on here.
BCC is good for doing the legwork of finding the news that relates to the jags.

As far as their opinion articles, I don't think any more of them than I do of someone posting their opinion in a thread on this board.

They don't offer more insight or expertise than you can get from other fans. They are just as much outsiders looking in as the rest of us.

I think the switch might have finally come on for Andre Branch.  Looking at all the circumstances, there is good reason to believe that Andre Branch has turned the corner.

Lets Look at the Facts

- Branch got 5 of his 6 sacks in the last 7 games. That is significant progress

- Despite Caldwell calling this needs based drafting, DE was not high on the priority list

- Cutting Jason Babin after OTA's speaks volumes on how the coaches feel about the Leo position.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Not only did I see Branch not make the bend at the corner, I've witnessed several times him being propelled back field by the O lineman as a mere nuisance while his arms swam wildly.   I sincerely hope he continues his progress but I get the impression he's going to be one of those guys who improves marginally, plateaus into moderate usefulness for a couple of seasons, and then regresses.  Just my opinion.  I hope he proves me wrong.

Someone on the team has made the team extremely happy at DE to let Babin go.

Quote:I think the switch might have finally come on for Andre Branch.  Looking at all the circumstances, there is good reason to believe that Andre Branch has turned the corner.

Lets Look at the Facts

- Branch got 5 of his 6 sacks in the last 7 games. That is significant progress

- Despite Caldwell calling this needs based drafting, DE was not high on the priority list

- Cutting Jason Babin after OTA's speaks volumes on how the coaches feel about the Leo position.

Am I the only one who immediately flashes back to the epic TMD thread whenever I read "speaks volumes" ?

so far in the underwear league only

but he did get 5 of his 6 sacks in the last 7 games

Ibthinking we are about to see whether he

makes it or breaks or breaks it

good luck andre, ibrootinferya

This thread feels like troll bait....
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

They got production from Branch by stunting him inside from the Leo spot.  He can't bend his hips to get around the edge.  Unless he learned how to bend his hips, they only way they're going to get production from him is to stunt him inside.  That'll only work to the point where the offense then goes to the side he vacates.  He's one dimensional until he learns to bend his hips to get around the outside edge. 

I'm hoping he has improved, but I just won't really take much about it until I see it on the field.

(This post was last modified: 07-05-2014, 09:59 PM by NH3.)

Quote:Someone on the team has made the team extremely happy at DE to let Babin go.
Agreed...

Though I do believe that Branch has made significant progress per his new position coach, I also believe that the rookie has impressed to the point of Babin's release.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Maybe Ryan Davis has been beasting in camp.

If he pans out, Gene smith will be proud of it, as there were not very many of his draft pick worked out.

Needs an editor or at least a spell check and a simple grammar 101 look-over. I guess his mom was busy that day......

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:They got production from Branch by stunting him inside from the Leo spot.  He can't bend his hips to get around the edge.  Unless he learned how to bend his hips, they only way they're going to get production from him is to stunt him inside.  That'll only work to the point where the offense then goes to the side he vacates.  He's one dimensional until he learns to bend his hips to get around the outside edge. 

I'm hoping he has improved, but I just won't really take much about it until I see it on the field.
Does it really matter how he got the sacks?  He still needed the speed to exploit the hole so he is using his talents.  As long as it works keep using it.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:Does it really matter how he got the sacks?  He still needed the speed to exploit the hole so he is using his talents.  As long as it works keep using it.

From an impact standpoint it does matter.  Pressure from an outside rusher needs to come primarily from the outside, or else you have an open spot for an offense to take advantage.  Offenses scheme around mismatches.  That's a mismatch.  Coverage sacks don't really matter to me either, as far as an individual player is concerned.  Coverage sacks are definitely a good thing to have, but my point is it doesn't matter which player gets them and Branch getting them shouldn't be construed as improvement on his individual game.  

Again, I hope he has improved and can develop into a great player for us.  But I won't believe that he learned to bend his hips until I see it.