Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
BigCatCountry's totally for sure unbiased breakdown of Andre Branch

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

So what was said that was you didn't like?  The PFF stats support the article.

(This post was last modified: 06-30-2014, 11:57 AM by BasshunterX.)

People like hating on BCC due to the character of its writers/owners. So automatically everything they write is wrong, biased, and trash.

Thunderbuns here is just another hater.

Yea that's what I thought.

Agree that is an issue, but darn that guy does make it easy to dislike him. I just wish I were never wrong like him, about ANTHING!!

I'm not really sure what was wrong with the analysis. 

Alfie says in the article he didn't have Branch on his initial 53 man roster guess.  His opinion changed when Babin was released.  He talked about the good and the bad Branch brings to the table.  I thought it was a fair assessment.  Can someone tell me what I should be irritated about here so I'm on the same page?

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Back handed stab at BCC, Trying to use the content of the story to relate it to this  particular message board sub- forum. I thought the write up was fair.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Other than the actual writing (Alfie isn't a very good journalist) I didn't think that that blog posting was all that bad.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Clearly he wasn't being sarcastic and is a big Alfie fan.

Quote:So what was said that was you didn't like?  The PFF stats support the article.

Not intended as a reflection on the article, but anytime PFF is referenced that immediately draws red flags for me.  They aren't nearly as objective or infallible as they suggest they might be.  Some things they just flat out make up, and other indices they derive really don't pass the smell test, or at best have a poor scale to guage their findings.

Re: the article and Alfie, like him or not, people love to hate on him either way (...and he gets a kick out of it.)

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Yea I don't see anything wrong with that article at all. Actually a pretty good write up.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Other than the actual writing (Alfie isn't a very good journalist) I didn't think that that blog posting was all that bad.

Alfie isn't a journalist. He's a blogger.

Therefore, he's not a very good blogger.

Alfie does a good job. It is a Jaguar site and I am starving for sites like this(cannot get enough Jags). Anybody else want to start a site like BCC and spend all of your time on it?

Thumbs up Alfie!

LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

At the end of the article, Alfie says we tried to trade him last year after preseason. Did I miss something?

Everyone hates on Alfie. Sometimes he deserves it, sometimes he doesn't. If he writes a positive article about the Jags, he is a homer. If he writes something negative, he is a hater. It is what it is. 

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

I thought it was an accurate write up. 

I was very hard on Branch last season and have very slim hopes for him this season, but the article was very accurate.

Not surprised the team was looking to trade him during last year's preseason.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:At the end of the article, Alfie says we tried to trade him last year after preseason. Did I miss something?

That goes without saying...

http://nfltraderumors.co/jaguars-de-andr...ock-again/

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Everyone hates on Alfie. Sometimes he deserves it, sometimes he doesn't. If he writes a positive article about the Jags, he is a homer. If he writes something negative, he is a hater. It is what it is. 

The problem with Alfie is not so much his writing, which is usually pretty good whether or not you agree with what he says. It's the holier-than-thou way he responds to any differing opinion in the comments section.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"