Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags state of the franchise broadcast on Jaguars this afternoon

Quote:That is good if you consider the Everbank Contract factoring in to 9 of our home games.   Personally, I'd expect regular season games to account for more then 10% of the revenues given the lack of attendance and sales during preseason games.

Maybe I am wrong but I think local revenue is alot more than just ticket sales.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Maybe I am wrong but I think local revenue is alot more than just ticket sales.

You're just making things complicated by thinking about stuff instead of just reacting.

Now, go insinuate someone is dum, it'll make you feel better.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Maybe I am wrong but I think local revenue is alot more than just ticket sales.

Yeah, there are a few additional things that are worked into the local revenue stream. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:The guy who goes by "DigitalJag" on Twitter said that was a leaguewide issue. Sounds like all team sites go through NY.
Vic said commented about that same issue on his site.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
;
T-Shirt at District Wrestling Meet.

Quote:Not a great start for them. Action News sends a crew to NY to interview and meet with the draft prospects and has Bortles the night of the draft. Someone on Twitter asked Kouvaris why they didn't go. He replied with some snide remark like "the important people are in Jacksonville and going to NY would be pointless". Thanks for the feedback Ron.

Burgundy couldn't send some lackey with a camera and a transmitter to NYC in a rented Hyundai?  Pretty pathetic.

To be fair, was anyone watching WJXT for the draft? I wasn't. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:Vic said commented about that same issue on his site.

I'm wondering if this is all part of the NFL Now project.  That's the main reason Sexton was brought on board to run the digital content side of the website.  They'll be coordinating all of that with NFL Now, doing original programming and developing segments for the online operation.  This may have been their first go at the process.

Is the shipyards where the Jazz Festival used to take place? Nearby?

Quote:Is the shipyards where the Jazz Festival used to take place? Nearby?

Adjacent. That's Metro Park.

Thanks. Is Metro Park closer to the stadium?

Are there still events taking place there? Seems like it was utilized all that much back when I was there.

(This post was last modified: 05-15-2014, 08:51 PM by giambi254.)

Quote:If their formula continues to show merit, we may actually see at least a Lombardi or 2 to enjoy at EverBank.

Thanks for all the info FBT  and everyone! I just had to respond to this quote.

All I have to say is come on FBT! I know sometimes you have to be realistic, but if things go the way Khan, Mark, Dave, & Gus see it, you might have to get your LeBron on!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrqXDEPu6v8

Quote:I'm wondering if this is all part of the NFL Now project. That's the main reason Sexton was brought on board to run the digital content side of the website. They'll be coordinating all of that with NFL Now, doing original programming and developing segments for the online operation. This may have been their first go at the process.
Does this mean Sexton is Shadrick and Oehser's boss?

I thought all website content was by definition "digital." How are you distinguishing digital content from non digital?

As an aside, this website is already very impressive. This franchise is moving inexorably forward on all fronts.

Quote:Does this mean Sexton is Shadrick and Oehser's boss?

I thought all website content was by definition "digital." How are you distinguishing digital content from non digital?

As an aside, this website is already very impressive. This franchise is moving inexorably forward on all fronts.

I'm not sure about Oehser, but presumably he's Shadrick's boss. 

While it's all technically digital, I think his primary focus is going to be on the social networking aspect, and the video content that's on the website.  That includes production of all the Jaguars related content for NFL Now.

He does have a title similar to what Ketchman had as the senior editor on the website, so it's possible he's over Oehser as well, but I'm not 100% certain about that. 

This is all so cool!

What happened to the Seaglass project?
"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:What happened to the Seaglass project?

The way they wanted to help fund it involved the Jacksonville Police and Fire Pension board buying the property from the city.  That didn't happen.

Any chance they can still work the big tower idea into what they're planning now?
"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:Any chance they can still work the big tower idea into what they're planning now?

I'm sure anything is possible, but the artists rendering they had on display didn't have the tower.

Quote:Any chance they can still work the big tower idea into what they're planning now?

I doubt it. It was very impractical.