Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Aaron Colvin

Its so unlike TMD to be this positive.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Its so unlike TMD to be this positive.
i think he finally lost his virginity

(This post was last modified: 05-25-2014, 11:21 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Its so unlike TMD to be this positive.

Actually I have maintained pretty much have forever said on this board, when called out for being negative - that when the team gives me a reason to be positive, I'll have no problem being so. You just don't realize that those opportunities were pretty scarce from 2005-2013. 

Caldwell & Co are giving us legit reason for optimism now. 

I'm on it. Its great to see us headed in the right direction for a change. And I don't think its a "tease" either. This seems like the real thing. 

Quote:i think he finally lost his virginity

lol, spoken from someone who undoubtably hasn't.... Laughing 

Quote:i think he finally lost his virginity

Its really refreshing. You could guarantee previously he would have focused on the injury, the bad games, the negatives.. Would have called him a reach and insulted the GM.

Im happy to see him be excited and positive for a change, like a real fan.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Actually I have maintained pretty much have forever said on this board, when called out for being negative - that when the team gives me a reason to be positive, I'll have no problem being so. You just don't realize that those opportunities were pretty scarce from 2005-2013.

I'm on it. Its great to see us headed in the right direction for a change. And I don't think its a "tease" either. This seems like the real thing.

Agreed. Theres almost a tangible excitement in this town. Its fun to be a part of it all

Quote:Actually I have maintained pretty much have forever said on this board, when called out for being negative - that when the team gives me a reason to be positive, I'll have no problem being so. You just don't realize that those opportunities were pretty scarce from 2005-2013. 

Excellent post and you nailed it.

(This post was last modified: 05-29-2014, 09:57 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Nice article after his sophomore season.  He played safety is sophomore season as to where he moved to corner is Jr year.  This is mid season where they were debating if the should move Colvin to corner.

"While moving Aaron Colvin to cornerback makes perfect sense at first glance, I don't think it's the best move for Oklahoma's defense. Colvin is one of the top playmakers on the team and a solid tackler. A move to cornerback takes him away from the action in the middle of the field, not to mention the impact his coverage ability can have against slot receivers in four-receiver packages."

"In this era of pass-happy offenses in the Big 12, the Sooners need as many cover guys on the field as possible. Leaving Colvin at safety gets them closer to that goal."

"What has helped Aaron Colvin stand out so much has been his versatility so there is no wrong answer here because he will adapt to whatever is being asked of him. However, he should stay at safety. He proved to be so effective at the position last season and was definitely one of the bright spots of 2011"

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/colleges...back-to-cb

Quote:Nice article after his sophomore season.  He played safety is sophomore season as to where he moved to corner is Jr year.  This is mid season where they were debating if the should move Colvin to corner.

"While moving Aaron Colvin to cornerback makes perfect sense at first glance, I don't think it's the best move for Oklahoma's defense. Colvin is one of the top playmakers on the team and a solid tackler. A move to cornerback takes him away from the action in the middle of the field, not to mention the impact his coverage ability can have against slot receivers in four-receiver packages."

"In this era of pass-happy offenses in the Big 12, the Sooners need as many cover guys on the field as possible. Leaving Colvin at safety gets them closer to that goal."

"What has helped Aaron Colvin stand out so much has been his versatility so there is no wrong answer here because he will adapt to whatever is being asked of him. However, he should stay at safety. He proved to be so effective at the position last season and was definitely one of the bright spots of 2011"

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/colleges...back-to-cb

He's not playing Safety at his size in the NFL. He'll need to play CB. 

Quote:He's not playing Safety at his size in the NFL. He'll need to play CB. 

I think the thing to take away from this is that he was an obvious play maker in only his sophomore year. I don't think the OP is suggesting he move to Safety. 

His size concerns me.  He looks flat-out skinny.  Doesn't look any bigger in his senior season compared to his freshman year.

He needs to add some bulk here, hopefully he and Telvin have mandatory lunch dates or something.

A FS doesn't need to be big. Earl Thomas looks skinny as well. I would be glad to see him compete for the FS spot next year.

Colvins playing weight is between 185-190.

I don't see where if they wanted to try him at FS it'd be an issue

Quote:Colvins playing weight is between 185-190.

I don't see where if they wanted to try him at FS it'd be an issue

i do, because cornerback is the premium position. colvin is a cb and he is a good cb, by all accounts he is better than what we have. so you will put the more talented player at the premium position and find a FS elsewhere. 

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

He was at 192 lbs before his injury. He offers good range and versatility. Colvin has good instincts and is not averse to contact.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.