Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What's your perfect offseason scenario?

Quote:Bryce Brown's games this season

YPC

And no touches in the playoff game.

What part of "when he gets extended playing time" don't you understand??? 

Some players aren't as good when only given spare carries here and there. 

Heck Fred Taylor was even like that in the preseason and reg season before exploding once he got extended carries as the full time starter. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2014, 07:35 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Difference is that Bortles is a good college quarterback.

Gabbert wasn't even a good college quarterback.

I agree that Gabbert wasn't even a good college QB, but thats not what they said back then....

Quote:You can't take the standouts away, they are part of what makes the evaluation. 

He had 100 yards on 10 carries that game. It was like the only game all season they gave him extended carries. He produced when he got that. Just like I said. Sam thing last year, but more opportunity last year. 

The above is like saying Take Manning's 55 TD passes away this season , and whaddya got??? Laughing

Oh and btw I know that at least one of his long 50 yard TD runs last season was an inside run. Right up the middle. 

And you're subtracting the 90% of his runs that are bad runs.  I'm subtracting 1 run in a 16 game season.

Quote:I agree that Gabbert wasn't even a good college QB, but thats not what they said back then....

I don't remember anybody really even talking about how he did in college.  It was all, "Look at his laser-rocket arm." /swoon

I don't know why, but it is what it is.

Quote:Blount is not a better option than Bryce Brown for a 4th. 

This ^ gets funnier by the minut- errr, touchdown. 

4 TDs in the divisional round game.   

i hope we look at james jones.

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2014, 09:37 AM by rufftime.)

Quote:If he is as good as you say, why trade him? McCoy has a lot of touches in the last few years, and Polk is hardly a proven commodity, lets not act like the Eagles are swimming in great RBs.

The Eagles are ready to win now, why would they trade a guy who they may need to rely on should McCoy go down or, if you're right, could be a legitimate RB. I'd say if anyone is liable to be traded it's McCoy. If Richardson is worth a 1st they could get some real nice picks for him.

The trade itself isn't that bizarre, your insistence that it would be a done deal if we just pick up the phone is. When anyone on here makes up a trade, its pure speculation.

That's ok, that's fun, that's what we're here for. However when you take it beyond speculation to 'OMGZ this must happen or the GM is a [BLEEP]!!!11' it gets silly because its not like the draft, where you can say 'OMGZ they should draft Matt Barkley'. We can all see Matt Barkley's name on the ticker and its our turn to pick, we know the GM has the choice to take him if he chooses. The decision to take or not take a player is something you can look back on and say dang that was good/bad. If Matt Barkley becomes a superstar all the people who we desperate for us to take him can have a nice big pat on the back.

A trade requires 2 teams to agree on a players value. They don't broadcast what they think or even if its on the radar. The Eagles may be in love with Brown, they may know he is lazy in practice or has personal issues and would take a 7th. We don't know, to suggest we do is delusional. That's why its bizarre.

This may be the best post I've seen in months.  Perfect summary. 

Edit:  Also interesting that it was completely ignored while the thread derail continued.

Quote:If he is as good as you say, why trade him? McCoy has a lot of touches in the last few years, and Polk is hardly a proven commodity, lets not act like the Eagles are swimming in great RBs.

The Eagles are ready to win now, why would they trade a guy who they may need to rely on should McCoy go down or, if you're right, could be a legitimate RB. I'd say if anyone is liable to be traded it's McCoy. If Richardson is worth a 1st they could get some real nice picks for him.

The trade itself isn't that bizarre, your insistence that it would be a done deal if we just pick up the phone is. When anyone on here makes up a trade, its pure speculation.

That's ok, that's fun, that's what we're here for. However when you take it beyond speculation to 'OMGZ this must happen or the GM is a [BLEEP]!!!11' it gets silly because its not like the draft, where you can say 'OMGZ they should draft Matt Barkley'. We can all see Matt Barkley's name on the ticker and its our turn to pick, we know the GM has the choice to take him if he chooses. The decision to take or not take a player is something you can look back on and say dang that was good/bad. If Matt Barkley becomes a superstar all the people who we desperate for us to take him can have a nice big pat on the back.

A trade requires 2 teams to agree on a players value. They don't broadcast what they think or even if its on the radar. The Eagles may be in love with Brown, they may know he is lazy in practice or has personal issues and would take a 7th. We don't know, to suggest we do is delusional. That's why its bizarre.
+1

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:This ^ gets funnier by the minut- errr, touchdown. 

4 TDs in the divisional round game.   

How do you know that Brown couldn't do the same thing? 

Indy's defense sucks. I know you're probably oblivious to that fact, though. 

Sign Orakpo, draft Clowney.

Game, set, match

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:How do you know that Brown couldn't do the same thing? 

There is a saying about aunts, uncles and testicles in there somewhere.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

Quote:How do you know that Brown couldn't do the same thing? 

Ha-ha.  I like Brown. I like his speed around the edge. He's got decent size too. He's probably going to be a good back somewhere. He would have had a good outing with 20 carries last night probably. Of course - he may have fumbled as well.

But if you're still trying to call him a better option after the past two games from Blount - you're more delusional than I ever imagined.  Dude had 166 yards and 4TDs. 

And, Yeah - I'm oblivious to the state of our divisional rival. LOL.  Good one, dude. Keep scrambling.  

+1

My perfect offseason isn't set in stone.  They need to improve in a few key areas and younger guys currently on the roster need to continue stepping up in their development.  I wouldn't be opposed to Caldwell signing a younger guard or too in FA and spending money on a pass rusher.  Word is Marshall Yanda could become a cap casualty in Baltimore and I would love to see him here.  Geoff Schwartz from KC is another possible option.  He was only signed to a one year contract with KC and played well for them this season.   Both guards are under 30 and shouldn't command HUGE deals.  

As for center...I see everyone wanting Alex Mack and for good reason.  What about the center from GB Evan Dietrich-Smith?  He's young and graded out well according to PFF.  

I think the team also needs to bring in one WR.  Eric Decker would obviously be a nice choice but I have my doubts he'll end up here.  There's a number of guys I'd be happy with: Golden Tate, Eric Decker, Jerome Simpson, Damian Williams, even Jacoby Jones.

A mid-tier low key LB signing would be good too.  

With the draft I would hope for the franchise QB to be drafted, a WR wouldn't upset me, a few interior OL in the middle rounds, a RB, and a LB or two.  

Quote:Sign Orakpo, draft Clowney.

Game, set, match

More like "good start"....lots more to do though. I'd also like to add a decent Guard like Asomoah in FA. 

Quote: 

I think the team also needs to bring in one WR.  Eric Decker would obviously be a nice choice but I have my doubts he'll end up here.  There's a number of guys I'd be happy with: Golden Tate, Eric Decker, Jerome Simpson, Damian Williams, even Jacoby Jones.

L in the middle rounds, a RB, and a LB or two.  

I agree the team needs to upgrade WR, but I'd rather draft one than bring in one from the above lot. Other than Decker, they are all "meh", and I think you can get better value from this draft class since its supposed to be really deep at WR. 

Quote:I agree the team needs to upgrade WR, but I'd rather draft one than bring in one from the above lot. Other than Decker, they are all "meh", and I think you can get better value from this draft class since its supposed to be really deep at WR. 

By bring in I was talking purely in FA.  I would like to see at least one guy brought in via FA and also one drafted.  I think in total two new WR are needed in the mix.  With my opinion being CSIII is a complimentary guy and with the Blackmon situation this team needs a reliable WR1.  I don't see that guy currently on the roster.  I think we draft the guy to be WR1 and added a lower tier guy or "meh" signing as you put it to compete with guys like Mike Brown for depth. 

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2014, 04:36 PM by HiggyJ15.)

Quote:By bring in I was talking purely in FA.  I would like to see at least one guy brought in via FA and also one drafted.  I think in total two new WR are needed in the mix.  With my opinion being CSIII is a complimentary guy and with the Blackmon situation this team needs a reliable WR1.  I don't see that guy currently on the roster.  I think we draft the guy to be WR1 and added a lower tier guy or "meh" signing as you put it to compete with guys like Mike Brown for depth. 

We already have a couple "meh" receivers on the roster. If we do bring in a WR in FA i'd like to see someone like Eric Decker or James Jones someone of that caliber.

Quote:We already have a couple "meh" receivers on the roster. If we do bring in a WR in FA i'd like to see someone like Eric Decker or James Jones someone of that caliber.

James Jones is another "meh" WR. Don't overrate him. 

To be honest, I'm not even sure how much better Decker is than Shorts. To me, they are both similar in that I don't believe either is anything but a good supporting WR for the WR1 on said teams. WR like Decker and Shorts cannot carry you. WR like Demaryius Thomas and Justin Blackmon can. 

Quote:More like "good start"....lots more to do though. I'd also like to add a decent Guard like Asomoah in FA. 

Good to see someone else on the Asomoah bandwagon.