Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chad Henne should get some props for his performance this season

Henne was terrible in the Red Zone this year.  In fact he was pretty bad all around.  Just because he's better than Gabbert, doesn't make him a good backup Quarterback.  I really hope we're able to find a guy capable of starting on Day 1 next year.  I'm not going to expect it.  Henne will probably be here next year.  And he'll probably start game one.  But let's not make excuses for him, and hope he manages to do a little more.  I think we know what Henne is.  And that is a backup that's not god awful.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I know we have a talent problem with our team but...  any of the QBs on this roster for 2014 are not moving the franchise forward.  I have a sinking suspicion that 2014 is not going to be much better than 2013.  I'm sure we'll draft okay to well.  Year two of the rebuild has the potential to be more of the same.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:Because there's no way this team is going to focus on continuing to improve the personnel on the offensive line, right?  That couldn't possibly be part of the plan.

Pro scouts are pretty good at determining which players have talent and which one do not. When you go Econo-Jaguars then you reject drafting real offensive line talent for practice squad level players and un-drafted players. Neither have enough talent to be drafted and you will always have inferior talent.

There's no way possible to suggest improvement is possible without raising the level of talent on a offensive line devoid of talented players. To improve, you must first have talent to tap into.

Former Texas A&M Aggie Luke Joeckel was making obvious improvement snap by snap, not game by game or season by season. The reason Luke is different than what else we have is directly related to drafting offensive line talent. 

Let's hope that David Caldwell won't think twice about drafting the best player available regardless of position.

Draft Grades

CB Dwayne Gratz - 62.1

OG Larry Warford - 88.3

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

Quote:Henne was terrible in the Red Zone this year.  In fact he was pretty bad all around.  Just because he's better than Gabbert, doesn't make him a good backup Quarterback.  I really hope we're able to find a guy capable of starting on Day 1 next year.  I'm not going to expect it.  Henne will probably be here next year.  And he'll probably start game one.  But let's not make excuses for him, and hope he manages to do a little more.  I think we know what Henne is.  And that is a backup that's not god awful.  
Exactly! The QB position is a disaster right now. We did absolutely nothing to make it better this season. We are going to have to draft a QB in the first round or two, and even after that I think it needs to be a 3-4 QB race for the starter position. The problem though, is if we end up with...

1.Gabbert/Henne

2. Drafted QB (early rounds)

3. Stanzi/Drafted QB (later rounds)

...then I could see the Gabbert/Henne option  starting off camp as the #1 guy, and then not losing the spot, because, what could they possibly do to drop down the depth chart?

My fear is that one of the guys that started this year, will start again next season. Been saying it all year, and it seems to be slowly shaping out that way

Like was mentioned before, Henne was the first Jaguar QB to reach 3000 yards since 2008.  Getting back to that performance level does deserve some level of credit, even if he's a backup forced into a starter's role.  But then, that's the same situation we were in then, too.  With proper scouting, the position should improve a lot very, very soon.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

I'm reading over this thread and I still have to laugh.  Henne's a terrible player because he misses some throws, makes some bad decisions, and occasionally has a pass knocked down at the line of scrimmage.  This describes half of the *starters* in the league.  People are playing way too much Madden is all I can figure.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Just because we caught the fish dont mean we keep the chad.

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2014, 10:01 AM by BritishJag.)

Quote:Pro scouts are pretty good at determining which players have talent and which one do not. When you go Econo-Jaguars then you reject drafting real offensive line talent for practice squad level players and un-drafted players. Neither have enough talent to be drafted and you will always have inferior talent.

There's no way possible to suggest improvement is possible without raising the level of talent on a offensive line devoid of talented players. To improve, you must first have talent to tap into.

Former Texas A&M Aggie Luke Joeckel was making obvious improvement snap by snap, not game by game or season by season. The reason Luke is different than what else we have is directly related to drafting offensive line talent. 

Let's hope that David Caldwell won't think twice about drafting the best player available regardless of position.

Draft Grades

CB Dwayne Gratz - 62.1

OG Larry Warford - 88.3
But BPA regardless of position has it's faults.

What if in every  pick the BPA is a guard? Draft 10 guards? We'd still have a lot of holes on the roster and a bunch of guards

Also, draft grades:

Matt Barkley 82.0

Russell Wilson 68.5

Means nothing.

BAP in the later rounds wouldn't put the same player on your roster over and over again. You get to the point where the grades from other positions fall to the same range that it fits your needs. Good BAP feeds your needs and is about getting the best value for your picks. Honestly you have to have a good football player philosophy at the end of the day.

The Khan Years

Anyone ever notice this resemblance?  

[Image: picisto-20140106193254-998841.jpg]

Henne lightyear HAH!!!!

The Khan Years

Quote:Henne lightyear HAH!!!!
LOL.  It's uncanny, right? 

The Dead Schembechlers think Chad Henne  is joke. I must agree.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

He'll always be Otto Pilot to me. http://jasonpauljones.files.wordpress.co...-pilot.jpg

Congrats Henne you suck slightly less than our other QBs, then again that isnt saying much.