Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chad Henne should get some props for his performance this season

Chad Henne may had had his faults but he played well under the circumstances.  Henne finishes this season with

Passing yards: 3,241 yards in 12 starts.

TD/INT Ratio: 13/14

Rating: 76.5

Henne was plagued with an offensive line that stunk most of the year, a running game that struggled all year, 2 backup players at both tackle positions, numerous injuries to his wr corps, and out best player being out for being a drug addict. 

I have seen Henne stand stong in the pocket numerous times and take a shot to make a completion.  Henne is a strong leader and would be a good example behind a young QB.

Heres to you Henne :thumbsup:

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Chad Henne may had had his faults but he played well under the circumstances.  Henne finishes this season with

Henne was plagued with an offensive line that stunk most of the year, a running game that struggled all year, 2 backup players at both tackle positions, numerous injuries to his wr corps, and out best player being out for being a drug addict. 

I have seen Henne stand stong in the pocket numerous times and take a shot to make a completion.  Henne is a strong leader and would be a good example behind a young QB.

No offense, but I'm really not sold on Henne and he convinced me again today he isn't worth bringing back.  He missed a lot of passes today, even with a clean pocket or very little pressure.  I must be crazy but I'd rather bring Gabbert back (he still has one year left) than give Henne another contract.  Either way, who ever stays is only going to play half the season max before the rookie takes over.

60% of the Time...It works everytime...

Quote:No offense, but I'm really not sold on Henne and he convinced me again today he isn't worth bringing back.  He missed a lot of passes today, even with a clean pocket or very little pressure.  I must be crazy but I'd rather bring Gabbert back (he still has one year left) than give Henne another contract.  Either way, who ever stays is only going to play half the season max before the rookie takes over.
Let me ask you one thing. 

Who were his receivers?  I'll answer this for you.  They were filled with rookies and off the street free agents.  He played pretty good under the circumstances

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:Let me ask you one thing. 

Who were his receivers?  I'll answer this for you.  They were filled with rookies and off the street free agents.  He played pretty good under the circumstances

That doesn't excuse him overthrowing Ace Sanders two times in a row only to follow it by throwing at someones knees.  He missed a lot of open receivers today.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Chad Henne is a below average QB... He has shown that this year.  He goes from being poor to average..  never good.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Garrard was better. 

Quote:Chad Henne may had had his faults but he played well under the circumstances.  Henne finishes this season with

Henne is what he is. He did what he does. He does deserve a little more credit then some give him. He is still much better than Gabbert, but also still only a backup caliber QB.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:Garrard was better. 
True. Much better.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

This is the Blaine Gabbert effect right here.

Quote:Let me ask you one thing. 

Today's game was the best example of this.  I've said many times that I'm no fan of Henne - but throwing for 331 yds today with a 4th round rookie and 3 UDFA receivers was no  small feat despite a few bad throws/decisions.  

A 3000+  yd season with only 13 starts and only 4 games with a big threat at WR isn't too shabby.   I think that qualifies him as a decent back-up.  Don't really care if he's back - but we could do worse for a back-up. 

Quote:No offense, but I'm really not sold on Henne and he convinced me again today he isn't worth bringing back.  He missed a lot of passes today, even with a clean pocket or very little pressure.  I must be crazy
but I'd rather bring Gabbert back (he still has one year left) than give Henne another contract.  Either way, who ever stays is only going to play half the season max before the rookie takes over.
That is indeed correct. Gabbert will only make it back as a PS/camp guy at best.

Quote:Today's game was the best example of this.  I've said many times that I'm no fan of Henne - but throwing for 331 yds today with a 4th round rookie and 3 UDFA receivers was no  small feat despite a few bad throws/decisions.  

Not impressive as most of those yards came in garbage time.  When it mattered - like the 1st quarter or 2nd quarter, his numbers didn't look nearly as good.

Henne was far from perfect but he certainly made lemonade from lemons. Got to give him props for playing tough considering the hand he was dealt with. I for one would like to see him back next year. Although inconsistent, he has improved and would make a worthy backup and tutor for our new QB.

Is this thread a joke? Props? Henne is terrible. I watched 2 backup QB's today who are 100000000000x better than Henne.

I miss Garrard. I can't wait until we have a qb that can replace that idea.

Quote:Is this thread a joke? Props? Henne is terrible. I watched 2 backup QB's today who are 100000000000x better than Henne.
[Image: _1360848847.gif]

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

I needed a good laugh, so I came back and read the first post in this thread.

He was our back up after all albeit backing up the worst starter this league has ever seen.  I give him credit as well.  He managed some games nicely and didn't outright lose us any games on his own a la Gabbert.  

Gene's Myth

Quote:Today's game was the best example of this.  I've said many times that I'm no fan of Henne - but throwing for 331 yds today with a 4th round rookie and 3 UDFA receivers was no  small feat despite a few bad throws/decisions.  

A 3000+  yd season with only 13 starts and only 4 games with a big threat at WR isn't too shabby.   I think that qualifies him as a decent back-up.  Don't really care if he's back - but we could do worse for a back-up. 

Are you really this stupid?

Should we get you a bib?

Henne is a backup caliber QB, nothing more. All team's need a back up. Personally, I am rather indifferent if they bring him back, but he does know the system.