Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Get'n some national love

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2013, 01:18 PM by Jungle Cat.)

If these kooks are giving us love, it only means that they're up to something underhand.

If at first, you don't succeed, try flattery.

Odds are high, they or some agent they consult with owns a piece of somebody about to enter the NFL draft. They use flattery to ease their way into the franchise.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Veteran departures like whom?

I would think Marcedes would be iffy, considering he's a free agent and may get a better offer.   Meester might retire.  Jones-Drew is a free agent.

Now you can say "easily replaced," but keep in mind, we have a multitude of holes on this team, and we can't replace everyone in one offseason. 

Marcedes is a free agent? 

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2013, 01:40 PM by Jungle Cat.)

Quote:We're going to be good next year, with a QB we'd be in the playoffs this year no doubt in my mind. 
Here we go again. 

This is the period within which we Jaguars fans suffer the thousand slings and arrows of late-season fortunes.

This late season surge relates to sluggish, unmotivated players attempting to fight off their own demise.

Do NOT even attempt to convince ourselves we are this many players away.

Please try to appreciate this wisdom.

When we draft, take the best players available regardless of their position. Always take the player with the higher draft grade. It doesn't matter what the position is, the better draft grade indicates a better football player.

We want the best football players each and every time we pick.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

Quote:Marcedes is a free agent? 

I read it in the O-Zone today. 

Quote:I read it in the O-Zone today. 
All I have is Henne and Jones-Drew.

http://www.bigblueinteractive.com/2013/1...r-20-2013/

According to this site, Tom Brady will be a free agent AFTER next season.

Quote:I would think Marcedes would be iffy, considering he's a free agent and may get a better offer. 
He has two years remaining on his contract.  I think Oehser had a brain lapse.

Quote:8/5/2011: Signed a five-year, $35 million contract.  The deal contains $17 million guaranteed.  Another $1.8 million is available in incentives. An annual $150,000 workout bonus is available in years two through five. 2013: $4.2 million, 2014: $6.7 million, 2015: $6.65 million, 2016: Free Agent

rotoworld ^

With better Qb play i dont think playoffs is outta the question next year. TBH given that our defenses main problem was being on the field until they died due to constant 3 and outs from the offense i think it might have been possible this year though a very long shot. 

I think we could have come out of that brutal first 8 games with a 3-5 or 4-4 record. We lost to the Colts who arent exactly lighting teams up and i definitely believe we beat the Rams (gabbert meltdown game) and Raiders as well.

Quote:He has two years remaining on his contract.  I think Oehser had a brain lapse.

rotoworld ^

Thanks. 

someone else at ESPN picks Jags to beat Bills (for those of you still feeling hated, LOL)  

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10124965

Quote:We're going to be good next year, with a QB we'd be in the playoffs this year no doubt in my mind. 

I think if we would've had Justin Blackmon from the beginning and Joekel not getting hurt, there would be more of a chance at a wildcard right now.

Quote:I think if we would've had Justin Blackmon from the beginning and Joekel not getting hurt, there would be more of a chance at a wildcard right now.
I don't think that would have been enough to avoid the 1st 8 blowouts.