Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Caldwell - His Decision on Knighton and Cox

It's no secret I'm not crazy about the cox or knighting moves. However Blackmon and marks have been good additions that make the moves ok. I still think we screwed up going from smith to Hayes and would've been better off keeping knighting and cox while using those draft picks on the pass rush or the online
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:WAS always hurt....has he been this year...you know, like how Ball and Gratz has been? 

Caldwell must've rented out the crystal ball he uses to foresee those injuries, eh?

It looks to me that Gratz had not missed a game in his collegiate career.

Meanwhile, since Cox came into the league in 2009, Ball has missed five total games (all last year with Houston -- prior to that, he had not missed a game since the 2008 season, and I didn't look up the case of him not playing then), and then one this year for a total of six. 

In the time Ball missed those six games, Cox missed 17.

You can't honestly get grumpy about something like this from an injury standpoint. One player is clearly more of an injury risk than the other.

Let's also not pretend like Ball has been sidelined for the majority of this season.

On Wisconsin.

Quote:Caldwell must've rented out the crystal ball he uses to foresee those injuries, eh?

It looks to me that Gratz had not missed a game in his collegiate career.

Meanwhile, since Cox came into the league in 2009, Ball has missed five total games (all last year with Houston -- prior to that, he had not missed a game since the 2008 season, and I didn't look up the case of him not playing then), and then one this year for a total of six. 

In the time Ball missed those six games, Cox missed 17.

You can't honestly get grumpy about something like this from an injury standpoint. One player is clearly more of an injury risk than the other.

Let's also not pretend like Ball has been sidelined for the majority of this season.

You know, I kind of just assumed that people would understand what I mean when I say something like Cox (who has had injury issues) being healthy this year while guys who have been relatively healthy (like Gratz and Ball) missing games this year as being ironic.

Btw, Cox didn't have injury concerns until he got to the Pros either.

Quote:This team lost any immediate chance at viability the day they cut Eben Britton.

Word.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:You know, I kind of just assumed that people would understand what I mean when I say something like Cox (who has had injury issues) being healthy this year while guys who have been relatively healthy (like Gratz and Ball) missing games this year as being ironic.

Btw, Cox didn't have injury concerns until he got to the Pros either.

You know what they say about assuming.

Btw, I said nothing about Gratz's future being injury-free. 

On Wisconsin.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Just an FYI. The radio crew are working for Clear Channel. Not the team. The team farmed out all of their broadcast properties a few years back.

I don't recall them gushing at all over Gene Smith last year, but I guess for some folks, if they weren't crucifying the guy on a weekly basis, that's considered gushing.

I thought they were still jags payroll, interesting. And 'gushing' was kind of a joke, but they seemed to defend the guy way past the point when it was painfully obvious that he had to go.

Quote:This is obviously joking/ trollin', but I'll take the bait...

No.

Blackmon is on his way to being a Fred Taylor level of special player in this league. He's worth way more to the Jags than you would get in a trade offer. Put it this way, if another team offered 2 first rounders for Blackmon, I'd turn them down. Not even sure I'd take an RGEETHREEE type trade offer in exchange for Blackmon because he is that good, and he's got his whole career ahead of him. I know theres risks with the DUI thing/ 1 strike against him, but you have to have confidence that he's maturing and has put his demons behind him.

I don't always agree with your opinions but respect them. For once I have to side with you. No chance I take two first round picks for Blackmon. I Dont think I would take three either but it would make me think about it. Blackmon has that special play the Jaguars have been missing since #82 or #87 were here. He's the primary reason why our fan base is excited for this Sundays game and people wanna chance on trading him for two picks who could be bust?? I'm stunned.

Quote:I don't always agree with your opinions but respect them. For once I have to side with you. No chance I take two first round picks for Blackmon. I Dont think I would take three either but it would make me think about it. Blackmon has that special play the Jaguars have been missing since #82 or #87 were here. He's the primary reason why our fan base is excited for this Sundays game and people wanna chance on trading him for two picks who could be bust?? I'm stunned.

I think some people don't understand that whole a Bird in the hand is worth two in the Bush thing.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]