Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Missed Opportunities & Dumb Mistakes Are Too Frequent

Quote:LOL, I'll admit it, I'm not a zen budda.  But I also didn't cost my team for stupidity.  I expect pro atheletes to be able to not over-react and cost thier team.  It's pretty simple stuff, anyone that's played organized sports understands this.  So yeah, they were stupid for reacting the way they did.  Yes I said it, and I'll say it again.  Stupid.  :woot:

Agreed, it was stupid and shouldn't happen again, but sometimes emotion gets the best of you.   I may have gotten one or two flags myself back in the day.  LOL   My comment wasn't really directed at you, it was directed at people calling for Branch to be released etc.  I just used your statement as an example of how things can happen.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Agreed, it was stupid and shouldn't happen again, but sometimes emotion gets the best of you.   I may have gotten one or two flags myself back in the day.  LOL   My comment wasn't really directed at you, it was directed at people calling for Branch to be released etc.  I just used your statement as an example of how things can happen.  

understood. Overall, I thought Branch and Evans both had good games.  I was actually pleasantly surprised with how active Branch was before he got that stupid penalty.  And Evans is gonna be a star, in my book. 

It would be insane to say they should be released/cut.  But they should be running the stairs this week.  :thumbsup:

Quote:I'd count an opening drive fake punt as a mistake. More so on the coaching staff than on the players though, obviously.

I liked the call and didn't even mind where we were on the field. But if your gonna do the fake punt upback dive it shouldn't be from 4 yrds away 1 maybe 2 atleast.
"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

Quote:Branch should have been cut right after that penalty it was so dumb, and correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the field goal attempt look like more of a botched snap than a botched hold. I put that one more on the long snapper than I do Anger.
I nearly listed it as a botched snap/hold - but I feel like even though the snap wasn't great it could have been handled.  Anger seemed to bobble it a bit.  Tinker can certainly share in the blame. 

Quote:I'd count an opening drive fake punt as a mistake. More so on the coaching staff than on the players though, obviously.

I agree. I have no problem with going for a fake punt in that game, but that was a stupid spot to attempt it. Thats on Gus. 

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2013, 12:39 PM by Unravel.)

Quote:I liked the call and didn't even mind where we were on the field. But if your gonna do the fake punt upback dive it shouldn't be from 4 yrds away 1 maybe 2 atleast.

I disagree, you're asking for failure when you call a fake punt from four yards out. If you do make it, great, but if you don't you just gave arguably the best QB in the history of the game the ball with a 27 yard field.

Quote:  But they should be running the stairs this week.  :thumbsup:
Been there... done that... LOL! 

It's the mistakes that will assure a first pick in May. It's what you expect from a young team. We're still seeing improvement, which is the most important thing right now.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I disagree, you're asking for failure when you call a fake punt from four yards out. If you do make it, great, but if you don't you just gave arguably the best QB in the history of the game the ball with a 27 yard field.

It's the kind of play you call as an 0-5 team and record setting underdog. There's nothing to lose here and everything to gain.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:It's the kind of play you call as an 0-5 team and record setting underdog. There's nothing to lose here and everything to gain.

I suppose, I just think it was a bit early. I have no problem with calling a fake punt, I have a problem with the placement and distance.

Quote:I suppose, I just think it was a bit early. I have no problem with calling a fake punt, I have a problem with the placement and distance.

It's exactly the kind of call an 0-5 team should try to change the dynamic. The fact it didn't work is irrelevant. It was a gutsy call nobody expected. It shows this team is trying to win. Nobody is giving up despite the odds.

Quote:It's exactly the kind of call an 0-5 team should try to change the dynamic. The fact it didn't work is irrelevant. It was a gutsy call nobody expected. It shows this team is trying to win. Nobody is giving up despite the odds.

Okay, we'll just have to agree to disagree on this.

Quote:I disagree, you're asking for failure when you call a fake punt from four yards out.

Isn't that what I said?
"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

Quote:Isn't that what I said?

Okay, perhaps I placed the disagree at the wrong point. It was mostly the latter part of the statement that I disagreed about.

In my opinion the worst ones were the Branch penalty, obviously, and the 1st play of the game.  There's no excuse to have a miscommunication on the very first scripted play of the game.

I'm bumping this thread - because the penalties and mistakes are getting worse instead of better. 

Hard to watch these morons continually shoot themselves in the foot.  Wallbash

Quote:My problem with Branch and Evans was that they just kept going, forcing the referees to toss the flag. Had Branch just let go of the face mask after a second, and Evans break off his act after one head shake, they get away with it. It was almost like they wanted a flag.
LOL.  Didn't you know.....it's called "swagger".  For all those who wanted players with it, this is what you get.  Wallbash  

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.