Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Missed Opportunities & Dumb Mistakes Are Too Frequent

Here are some of the mistakes vs. Denver:

1. First offensive play - Clay Harbor / Henne not in sync. Should have been a big 1st down. 

2. Geno Hayes drops a sure interception 

3. Branch penalty on 4th down

4. Botched hold by Anger

5. Delay of Game on 4 yardline erases MJD TD - (FG instead)

6. Evans acting like a stupid punk and making it first and goal

They really need to get the number and frequency of these screw-ups down.  This game and two others would have been much closer on the scoreboard. They may have even won against the Rams had they not repeatedly shot themselves in the foot. 

(not ignoring the few positive signs from the Denver game - but the mistakes are just hard to watch)

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yes!!! This is one gripe I do have this year. Outside of just being a bad team offensively and defensively the team has had way to many of the dumb penalties. It has cost us points on numerous occasions this year. So frustrating.

"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

Quote:Here are some of the mistakes vs. Denver:

1. First offensive play - Clay Harbor / Henne not in sync. Should have been a big 1st down. 

2. Geno Hayes drops a sure interception 

3. Branch penalty on 4th down

4. Botched hold by Anger

5. Delay of Game on 4 yardline erases MJD TD - (FG instead)

6. Evans acting like a stupid punk and making it first and goal

They really need to get the number and frequency of these screw-ups down.  This game and two others would have been much closer on the scoreboard. They may have even won against the Rams had they not repeatedly shot themselves in the foot. 

(not ignoring the few positive signs from the Denver game - but the mistakes are just hard to watch)

If you cant shake your head at a player after making a good play I have serious concerns with where the league is headed. Goodell has taken all the fun out of the league to promote "good sportsmanship". This is professional football, let the guys show some emotion.

That point aside your pretty much spot on. Denver made a lot of mistakes too, it happens to every team.

Quote:If you cant shake your head at a player after making a good play I have serious concerns with where the league is headed. Goodell has taken all the fun out of the league to promote "good sportsmanship". This is professional football, let the guys show some emotion.

That point aside your pretty much spot on. Denver made a lot of mistakes too, it happens to every team.
Watch it again.  He was stomping and making hand gestures and talking smack and it went on wayyyy too long.  It fits the taunting rule they put in years ago to a tee. 

All over an assisted tackle.  Make a flippin' play before you carry on like a jackass, Evans. 

It's been like this since 2011. 

Branch should be deactivated and released after the season for how bad of a penalty his was.

He had an incredibly long leash but he insisted on keeping up the post-play antics until he was penalized. That was infuriating to watch.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Too riled up from being biggest underdogs in NFL history. I'd prefer them be too passionate than hopeless though.

The unsportmanslike and personal foul penalties were the only thing that drove me up the wall.  I found my self yelling "stupid" in front of my 4 year old, which is a big No-No in our house.  Thanks Andre Branch, because you lost your cool we gave the Broncos 5 shots at the endzone.  And I got scolded by my own child.

The dropped INTs were just head shakers for me.  Yeah, they should have been caught, but on a team like this, I just kinda expect it.

Maybe it was the altitude. Denver dropped at least two INT's too.

;

;

Quote:The unsportmanslike and personal foul penalties were the only thing that drove me up the wall.  I found my self yelling "stupid" in front of my 4 year old, which is a big No-No in our house.  Thanks Andre Branch, because you lost your cool we gave the Broncos 5 shots at the endzone.  And I got scolded by my own child.

So what you are saying is you over reacted based on the actions of another man and made a mistake because of it?  

Go figure.  

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2013, 10:50 AM by trunt87.)

Number 6:

that's funny because I saw the same thing happen in the skins, cowboys game and nothing was called?

Branch and Evans should have been made to walk back to Florida.  They are morons!

I don't care what the rules say.  The penalties were stupid.  Refs need to calm down.

Quote:So what you are saying is you over reacted based on the actions of another man and made a mistake because of it?  

Go figure.  

LOL, I'll admit it, I'm not a zen budda.  But I also didn't cost my team for stupidity.  I expect pro atheletes to be able to not over-react and cost thier team.  It's pretty simple stuff, anyone that's played organized sports understands this.  So yeah, they were stupid for reacting the way they did.  Yes I said it, and I'll say it again.  Stupid.  :woot:

Henne not running in for the TD was another dumb mistake Even if he didn't get iin, he could easily hav gotten a first down and 3 more shots at the end zone

i understand why branch was mad, at the end of the play he was on the ground  and the ball was well gone and of one of the fatties on the broncos line dived on him and shoved an elbow in his ribs well after the play. Not sure if the play was whistled dead or not but it was unnecessary.

I admit i'm not a pro athlete but i would have gone for him

Branch got the foul called on him about 20 seconds after the play was over, every ref was within a 5 foot radius of him. By far the dumbest move of the day.

My problem with Branch and Evans was that they just kept going, forcing the referees to toss the flag. Had Branch just let go of the face mask after a second, and Evans break off his act after one head shake, they get away with it. It was almost like they wanted a flag.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Branch should have been cut right after that penalty it was so dumb, and correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the field goal attempt look like more of a botched snap than a botched hold. I put that one more on the long snapper than I do Anger.

I'd count an opening drive fake punt as a mistake. More so on the coaching staff than on the players though, obviously.