Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Most Depressing Thing

The complaint is not with the Jaguars per say, it should be directed at Aramark I believe . Although they mostly handle food and beverage, they do a large chunk of the merchandise as well. The NFL is very corporate, they use big companies like Aramark to handle food, merchandise and have teams dedicated to creating uniform atmospheres across the league. Many other teams have similar fan shops. I personally know that MetLife stadium in New Jersey has fan shops with apparel for other teams.

Think the NFL likes to limit creativity and overregulate on the field? This is why the league is so out of touch. Take a look at how they want teams to be run and this creates the disconnect that results in Titans merch being sold at EverBank. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The Jags organization doesn't care about the fans anymore, or they wouldn't insult the fanbase by selling Titans gear inside the stadium. Just like Marks said he felt slapped in the face, fans should feel the same way with this crap.

The Jags fans have been as loyall as any fanbase. They've continued to buy tickets to this dumpster fire despite the losses, the incompetence on the field, the players mocking the fans, taking away a home game and sending it to London. But selling Titans gear inside the stadium? Doesn't anyone else see this as just plain wrong?

Wait what? They sell Titans gear inside the stadium? You are correct they could care less about the fans. Absolute insult.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Maybe that's part of the reason why NFL ratings are down about 10% this year.  Mark Cuban predicted this was going to happen; eventually the NFL would collapse under their own weight and greed.  

Quote:Maybe that's part of the reason why NFL ratings are down about 10% this year.  Mark Cuban predicted this was going to happen; eventually the NFL would collapse under their own weight and greed.  

There are many good business people, especially on the sports executive side that see this problem with the NFL. The leadership became very arrogant in assuming they can do whatever they want. I understand that the NFL has Congress and greedy lawyers coming after them hard but they have tainted their product harshly. The NFL has an inconsistent product and they have completely oversaturated their market. The NFL is an arrogant and out of touch organization that relies on the natural wonder of it's product. They are like the oil industry, they know we need it so they don't have to care very much. 

Quote:The more things change the more they stay the same. I have been a season ticket holder since I was 7 years old. I have been a Jags fan as long as I can remember, and it just seems as if to me this franchise has almost completely given up. Hell, the whole Jaguars community itself has given up. The most heartbreaking thing to me is I have always been someone to look at the positives and have always rooted for my team no matter what. I have pledged every single Sunday to this team for over half of my life. Now I have finally gotten to a point where I am ready to throw in the towel completely. Why should I give my all to a franchise that won't do the same for me? I feel as though even the most committed of Jaguar fans are about to leave and find new teams, and I don't blame any of them.

I don't either. It's your 2nd post on here. So I completely believe you. But I've been saying this now since last year. I truly feel sorry for the fans such as yourself who have committed themselves financially and time wise to such a poor product on the field. There was a time when I was once proud to say I am a fan of this football team. Now I just feel like not talking about them at all. I've stopped listening to the radio and shows on TV about them. Just can't stomach this franchise anymore. I am at that point to where if they do end up moving somewhere else down the road. I could honestly care less. It would just free me of the excuse or burden of having to come up with a reason as to why I now follow a different NFL team. I'll just support the Falcons, Dolphins, Buccaneers or Steelers like some of my other family members do. Tired of this laughing stock and circus act of a football team man. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Last week, I asked myself, if watching the Jags is so painful and depressing, why do I do it over and over.

This week, I didn't watch. I didn't go to the stadium, I didn't even watch them on TV.

I did watch the Cowboys and the Steelers. That was a classic. Great game. It reminded me of the days before we had the Jaguars, when I could just pick a hot team and be their fan that year.

How long will this go on? The Jags are a never ending nightmare.

Right now, I'm just waiting for a new coaching staff. When that happens, I'll be back in the fold.