Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Most Depressing Thing

The more things change the more they stay the same. I have been a season ticket holder since I was 7 years old. I have been a Jags fan as long as I can remember, and it just seems as if to me this franchise has almost completely given up. Hell, the whole Jaguars community itself has given up. The most heartbreaking thing to me is I have always been someone to look at the positives and have always rooted for my team no matter what. I have pledged every single Sunday to this team for over half of my life. Now I have finally gotten to a point where I am ready to throw in the towel completely. Why should I give my all to a franchise that won't do the same for me? I feel as though even the most committed of Jaguar fans are about to leave and find new teams, and I don't blame any of them.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The Jags organization doesn't care about the fans anymore, or they wouldn't insult the fanbase by selling Titans gear inside the stadium.  Just like Marks said he felt slapped in the face, fans should feel the same way with this crap.  

The Jags fans have been as loyall as any fanbase.  They've continued to buy tickets to this dumpster fire despite the losses, the incompetence on the field, the players mocking the fans, taking away a home game and sending it to London.  But selling Titans gear inside the stadium?  Doesn't anyone else see this as just plain wrong? 

What?  Tacks gear at a stadium vendor?  Seriously?

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Watching this team with a remote in your hand and red zone is a Godsend.

Quote:What?  Tacks gear at a stadium vendor?  Seriously?

Did that really happen?

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2016, 11:04 PM by Jags4champs.)

Quote:The Jags organization doesn't care about the fans anymore, or they wouldn't insult the fanbase by selling Titans gear inside the stadium.  Just like Marks said he felt slapped in the face, fans should feel the same way with this crap.  

The Jags fans have been as loyall as any fanbase.  They've continued to buy tickets to this dumpster fire despite the losses, the incompetence on the field, the players mocking the fans, taking away a home game and sending it to London.  But selling Titans gear inside the stadium?  Doesn't anyone else see this as just plain wrong? 

While I agree the product on the field has been horrible for far too long, the fact that titans(you spelled it wrong) gear is sold in the stadium is pretty par for the course. Every major sporting team sells opposing team gear in their stadiums...it just makes sense monetarily. Players mocking the fans...really? Are you really so sensitive (not just you, I know a lot of posters on here harbour the same feelings as you do) that you care what a player says about the fans, especially when it is right? Booing the players of your own team? Really? Honestly, the product on the field is the only problem (that includes coaches), not the words the players use, or the gear they sell...

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2016/11/13/13617828/enough-is-enough'>http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2016/11/13/13617828/enough-is-enough</a>
crying, Marge really took time out of her day to call about a merch shop

and the author of this was told that jags fans had an edge comparable to philly fans and he believed that loooool tears what is wrong with you people

Dang...   Here at Jerry Land, he just takes the money from the opposing team and doesn't sell their gear.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Im losing faith as well. How many damn rebuilds do we have to go through.. [BLEEP] happened to blake? And how do the players even take gus serious at this point? The rest of this season just seems useless to watch, rather not be depressed.

Quote:While I agree the product on the field has been horrible for far too long, the fact that titans(you spelled it wrong) gear is sold in the stadium is pretty par for the course. Every major sporting event sells opposing team gear in their stadiums...it just makes sense monetarily. Players mocking the fans...really? Are you really so sensitive (not just you, I know a lot of posters on here harbour the same feelings as you do) that you care what a player says about the fans, especially when it is right? Booing the players of your own team? Really? Honestly, the product on the field is the only problem (that includes coaches), not the words the players use, or the gear they sell...
That's not true - you won't find opposing team gear at either the Cowboys stadium or Packers stadium; I can't speak to any other stadiums as those are the only ones I've been to besides the Jaguars, but that stuff would never fly in Green Bay or Dallas.  And obviously it wasn't the case before in Jacksonville either, or it wouldn't be an issue now. 

And as far as the players speaking out against the fans, it doesn't bother me on a personal basis or anything.  However, what it goes to show is their lack of concern - it's just not good for building up the fanbase.  When you're running a business, you don't insult your paying customers like that, especially when the fans have been extremely loyal over the past decade, despite rebuild after rebuild.  

Eventually you drive the fans away.  Sure, the loyal ones will stick around through just about everything, some of us are too old to find new teams and if you've been there since the Jags inception, you aren't going to just become a Patriots fan overnight.  But calling out fans isn't going to build that new generation of fans.  It's not going to get kids interested in attending games with their parents, or things like that.  

Take heart, our days are coming.

I am just jealous those nashvillians have a dang team. An overwhelming run game, good direction FO wise, serviceable D, emerging QB... Not fair.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:Take heart, our days are coming.

I am just jealous those nashvillians have a dang team. An overwhelming run game, good direction FO wise, serviceable D, emerging QB... Not fair.
With the same coach we had. I dont like that oline they got either, they're nasty.

Don't blame the business for selling opposing merchandise to make some revenue.  70% of the fans were GB, Raiders like 60%, Texas looked like a lot of red jerseys on tv.

Quote:The Jags organization doesn't care about the fans anymore, or they wouldn't insult the fanbase by selling Titans gear inside the stadium.  Just like Marks said he felt slapped in the face, fans should feel the same way with this crap.  

This is such a dumb thing to whine about. When I was at Lambeau Field a month ago, Green Bay had some mini helmets from every other team for sale in their pro shop. I want to say they had hats from their division rivals as well.

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2016, 11:45 PM by JagsFanSince95.)

Quote:Don't blame the business for selling opposing merchandise to make some revenue.  70% of the fans were GB, Raiders like 60%, Texas looked like a lot of red jerseys on tv.
The fact is people are sick of going to games to watch people lose. The tickets are being sold or given away to opposing fans because they know the chances are high their team will win. The fact that other teams gear is sold in a stadium not in their market is absolutely a disrespect(even if its a slight one), and makes me a bit more proud to have stopped going to games, and stop financially supporting an entity without my best interest as a Jaguars fan in mind. I hope more people do it and join us fans who are over it. If a company keeps making a garbage product, the sane thing to do is not buy that product, that goes for football too. 

Quote:Take heart, our days are coming.

And a coach who we had that was deemed trash that tries to crush this team every chance he gets.

Quote:The fact is people are sick of going to games to watch people lose. The tickets are being sold or given away to opposing fans because they know the chances are high their team will win. The fact that other teams gear is sold in a stadium not in their market is absolutely a disrespect(even if its a slight one), and makes me a bit more proud to have stopped going to games, and stop financially supporting an entity without my best interest as a Jaguars fan in mind. I hope more people do it and join us fans who are over it. If a company keeps making a garbage product, the sane thing to do is not buy that product, that goes for football too. 
This hits it right on the money.

You're wasting your time. 

I've switched to a new team already, the Seattle Seahawks. The only reason I keep coming back here is because I have a secret internet crush on MissJaguarsFanatic

Quote:With the same coach we had. I dont like that oline they got either, they're nasty.

That line is no joke indeed. That's the impetus to their ground game. They are physical and dirty. I can't believe I have a soft spot for that squad. Perhaps it's because they are beginning to raise the morale of the AFC South.

Tinhorns no QB, and I don't trust their D that much. If we were close to a pro team, we could have routed em today, easy pickings in the air all day, they were overwhelmed by Lee n Robinson. On the other side of the ball, our D essentially stopped them, take away 14 points gifted, they end with 10. Twinks are twinks.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.