Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Malik Jackson or Suh?
Malik Jackson
Ndamukong Suh
Blank #2
[Show Results]

Malik vs. Ndamukong - DT splash signings

Quote:Sue can be more dominating when his head is in the game, but you never know if he's going to flip like John Henderson after he eats a baby. With Malik I feel we have a guy who can fill the role we need perfectly. With Sue we wouldn't really have that. Instead we'd be shuffling the entire DL to accommodate Sue, and Roy Miller would be the one kicked to a backup role instead of Sen'Derrick Marks.

Suh and Miller would start together if he was here.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Suh by a country mile.

^This.

Really, are people here choosing Jackson? What homers!

Jackson had a great postseason last year, but his production during the regular season in three years with Denver hasn't been anything special. Suh is a dominant defensive lineman year after year. Even in a poor season in Miami where he wasn't used to best advantage he still had more sacks and more tackles than Jackson did in 2015. The "mental concerns" are way overblown. He hasn't been suspended for illegal drugs, or beat up a woman, or even slacked off after receiving the big contract. He is not Haynesworth.

The big problem with the Jags last year was the DL, especially with Marks missing most of the year and not completely over the ACL injury when he did play. Imagine what a difference it would have made had the Jags signed Suh last year. Some of those 4-man rushes on 3rd and long wouldn't have given Hoyer et al. 5+ seconds to find an open receiver. The Jags would have won two or three more games, one against the tinhorns, and maybe even won the division.

One could argue that we're better off now because the poor performance resulted in getting rid of Babich, and two (apparently) great draft picks which we wouldn't have had with a winning season (we'd probably just have Jack). But I'd rather the Jags made the playoffs last year. It's been too long.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Individually speaking probably Suh, but who's is a better fit right now for the Jaguars is not so obvious. Jackson is younger, a great player and costs us 4 million'ish less a year as someone else pointed out. 

Long term for the team Its Jackson,.. the guy above me correctly points out with Suh last year things would have been very different of defense and the team as a whole but the same thing could be said of Jackson although i know he wasn't available. 

Mental issues are a serious concern.. with Suh, although he may have changed his ways.. its always possible midway through a good season he gets himself suspended, its just a concern we don't want.. and the value he brings over the top of Jackson isn't enough for me to want to swap them out this year. 

Quote:Individually speaking probably Suh, but who's is a better fit right now for the Jaguars is not so obvious. Jackson is younger, a great player and costs us 4 million'ish less a year as someone else pointed out. 

Long term for the team Its Jackson,.. the guy above me correctly points out with Suh last year things would have been very different of defense and the team as a whole but the same thing could be said of Jackson although i know he wasn't available. 

Mental issues are a serious concern.. with Suh, although he may have changed his ways.. its always possible midway through a good season he gets himself suspended, its just a concern we don't want.. and the value he brings over the top of Jackson isn't enough for me to want to swap them out this year. 

And i disagree with anyone who says win now is the most important in regards to signing Suh. We have gone through the mud the last few years to do what almost never gets done, literally gut and transform an entire team.. Jaguars need to stay the course and keep making decisions for the long term. Eventually the success catches up to you and you're winning.

Simply put, on the course we are on... its inevitable the jaguars improve to the best team in our franchise history.

To be settled by a belly flop contest between the two in the Jaguar pool.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Suh is such a drama queen.