Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Position Battles!

I think the most interesting will be who ends up playing nickel? Agree that Ramsay and House will be corners, but what if Amukamara looks great in the pre-season? I expect Colvin to be solid once he returns so they have 4 excellent options for 3 spots. 

It looks like Beachum will be healthy so he should be the left tackle. Can Joeckel move to guard and be better than the other options such as Bernadeau/Shatley, etc.

That will need to be worked out in the pre-season so the starting line will have enough time working together. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:No sprinkles vs. jimmies? 

http://www.differencebetween.net/object/...sprinkles/

We're a "Sprinkles Only" organization.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Myles Jack is a Top 5 talent he needs to be on the field as much as possible. Skuta is average at best. But I do believe Jack will be the full time starter by Week 5

It's still as tough as ever to figure out their intentions with Jack. It's always been easy to say Poz is starting at MLB and Jack will surely take over as the OTTO, but Jack never rushed the passer in college and the team has yet to mention him even as a potential OTTO candidate. From the team's actions, it sounds like there's a mega-battle between Poz and Jack for the start at MLB, and that Skuta is battling Ryan Davis for the start at OTTO.

'02

Two men enter.  One man leaves.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Two men enter.  One man leaves.

More like: two men battle, one man takes a back seat.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

I like Beachum over Joke but both have trouble protecting the QB's backside but Beach will probably be better. Either line-up for 1st and 2nd could go 1st. I feel real good about our D and I hope the O keeps up the good work and feel even more confident playing together. 

Quote:We're a "Sprinkles Only" organization.

You should start a thread and enlighten us about it..

Quote:It's still as tough as ever to figure out their intentions with Jack. It's always been easy to say Poz is starting at MLB and Jack will surely take over as the OTTO, but Jack never rushed the passer in college and the team has yet to mention him even as a potential OTTO candidate. From the team's actions, it sounds like there's a mega-battle between Poz and Jack for the start at MLB, and that Skuta is battling Ryan Davis for the start at OTTO.

Yeah i believe he will start but dont know where yet.. Logically id put him at Otto... But who knows...

Quote:I think the most interesting will be who ends up playing nickel? Agree that Ramsay and House will be corners, but what if Amukamara looks great in the pre-season? I expect Colvin to be solid once he returns so they have 4 excellent options for 3 spots.

It looks like Beachum will be healthy so he should be the left tackle. Can Joeckel move to guard and be better than the other options such as Bernadeau/Shatley, etc.

That will need to be worked out in the pre-season so the starting line will have enough time working together.

I hope Beachum looks the part at Lt... But for some reason i think Joeckel will be better this year..

I'm most interested in the Cyprien/Sample battle. I think our weakest links were the safety position coming out of last season. With Gipson I think Strong Safety is our biggest need. Cyprien has just been a big disappointment thus far. Right there with Joeckel. Hopefully either Cyprien breaks out or Sample can fill the void.

No pain, no gain.

Quote:I hope Beachum looks the part at Lt... But for some reason i think Joeckel will be better this year..

I highly doubt LJ plays better than even a rusty Beachum. But if he does, that's not a bad thing at all.

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:I highly doubt LJ plays better than even a rusty Beachum. But if he does, that's not a bad thing at all.

Its something about competition and your job at stake that tends to light a fire under athletes.

Quote:Its something about competition and your job at stake that tends to light a fire under athletes.

I wouldn't complain, that's for sure.

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 07-08-2016, 06:15 PM by wg171.)

Currently the position battles I'm looking at...

- Not looking at starting RB as Yeldon and Ivory will split carries

- I feel House and Ramsey start but definitely looking at the battle between Prince A. and Colvin

- Guessing the Jags keep four backs so the battle between Gray/Robinson/Grant should be very interesting. Guessing that Gray makes it. Both Robinson and Grant need good pre-seasons

- Don't see how the team doesn't start Jack at SAM/OTTO. I just don't think Skuta is a starter

- The battle for starting LG should be intense

- Expecting Beachum to beat out Joeckel for starting LT. Wondering if Joeckel is strong enough to be the Jags starting LG? Is he too tall for the position? Could he push Parnell at RT?