Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Position Battles!

(This post was last modified: 07-06-2016, 01:43 PM by Yo Boy.)

With training camp approaching, which position battles are yall interested in seeing the most?

Joeckel/Beachum for starting LT

Sample/Cyprien for starting SS

Yeldon/Ivory for starting RB

Lee/Greene for slot Wr

P.Amukamara/Colvin/House/Ramsey for starting Corners..

Fowler/Ngakoue for Leo

Jack/Skuta for Otto

Walters/Benn for 5th WR

Gray/Robinson/Grant for 3rd Rb..

Personally im looking forward to seeing which Rb emerge as a starter between Ivory and Yeldon, but it should be fun..

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

my most anticipated out of the list is Cyp / Sample, with a close second to Beachum / Joeckel.

Ivory/Yeldon should be very exciting.

I'm probably most "interested" in the LT/LG spots. And I'm not even sure "interested" is the right word... more like "concerned"

Sample/Cyp should be a good one as well, though I think with Gipson around, Cyp will look much better as a box safety.

You could even argue of Lee/Hurns for the #2, let alone the #3 job. Walters/Benn will be for the 5th, not 4th WR.

With Colvin suspended the first 4, that does change the battle there a bit, but I still think most feel it will be House/Ramsey/Colvin/Prince when its all settled

Fowler is the #1 LEO. I don't think that's much of a battle. Not a knock on Ngakoue though. He'll probably play LEO with Fowler on the field in other positions.

Jack/Skuta is interesting. I feel Jack takes over Poz's spot at MLB by season end, and then is Skuta the Otto?

3rd RB doesn't really interest me. I think Gray is the best of the 3.

Most looking forward to Ivory/Yeldon and where Lee ends up, battle wise. Most looking forward to just watching Ramsey/Jack.

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

LG should be an interesting battle as well

Quote:With training camp approaching, which position battles are yall interested in seeing the most?

Joeckel/Beachum for starting LT

Sample/Cyprien for starting SS

Yeldon/Ivory for starting RB I think they are a tandem and 
which one "starts" matters very little. 

Lee/Greene for slot Wr  It's not really a simple battle for the slot position IMO.  Players will move around and Lee will get work outside and inside. Its really about which player is on the field more often as the #3 guy.  (Hurns will kick inside sometimes) 

P.Amukamara/Colvin/House/Ramsey for starting Corners.. It'll be House and Ramsey in week 5.  What they do before that depends on who can play the slot well.  

Fowler/Ngakoue for Leo Clearly a tandem here too, with Fowler most likely to get the lion's share of snaps.

Jack/Skuta for Otto  LOL   Not a position battle.  It's a legal matter. Skuta starts there if he's on the team. 

Walters/Benn for 4th WR  - You mean 5th WR.   It's Walters, Benn, Evans and Washington battling BTW. 

Gray/Robinson/Grant for 3rd Rb..

Personally im looking forward to seeing which Rb emerge as a starter between Ivory and Yeldon, but it should be fun..

I'm interested most in the situation at corner while Colvin is out, the third RB and whether they keep four active, also the LT/LG situation. 

SS will be interesting. Slot WR as well

Quote:Ivory/Yeldon should be very exciting.

I'm probably most "interested" in the LT/LG spots. And I'm not even sure "interested" is the right word... more like "concerned"

Sample/Cyp should be a good one as well, though I think with Gipson around, Cyp will look much better as a box safety.

You could even argue of Lee/Hurns for the #2, let alone the #3 job. Walters/Benn will be for the 5th, not 4th WR.

With Colvin suspended the first 4, that does change the battle there a bit, but I still think most feel it will be House/Ramsey/Colvin/Prince when its all settled

Fowler is the #1 LEO. I don't think that's much of a battle. Not a knock on Ngakoue though. He'll probably play LEO with Fowler on the field in other positions.

Jack/Skuta is interesting. I feel Jack takes over Poz's spot at MLB by season end, and then is Skuta the Otto?

3rd RB doesn't really interest me. I think Gray is the best of the 3.

Most looking forward to Ivory/Yeldon and where Lee ends up, battle wise. Most looking forward to just watching Ramsey/Jack.

Yeah Lee could be a big surprise this year..

Quote:I'm interested most in the situation at corner while Colvin is out, the third RB and whether they keep four active, also the LT/LG situation.

Thanks for the corrections...lol

I think Jack beats out Skuta imo..

Quote:I think Jack beats out Skuta imo..

That is certainly possible, but I don't think the Jaguars are interested in burdening him with learning the OTTO/SAM position in this scheme. 

I think they fully intend to let Jack learn MLB behind Poz and play there this season on most third downs and other obvious passing downs. 

I think they'll also use him as a safety/hybrid player in some nickel and dime looks to utilize his coverage skills.

I don't think they intend to play him at Skuta's position at all.  There is certainly a chance because he's a gifted athlete that could compete almost anywhere, but I really doubt it happens at that position this year.

(re: prior post they are just my opinions, not corrections despite the red  :teehee: )

Quote:That is certainly possible, but I don't think the Jaguars are interested in burdening him with learning the OTTO/SAM position in this scheme. 

I think they fully intend to let Jack learn MLB behind Poz and play there this season on most third downs and other obvious passing downs. 

I think they'll also use him as a safety/hybrid player in some nickel and dime looks to utilize his coverage skills.

I don't think they intend to play him at Skuta's position at all.  There is certainly a chance, but I really doubt it. 

That's the question for me as well. I don't see the Otto position as a battle for the same reason. Jack will be our MLB of the future, it just depends on when he takes over.

That being said, I could see him being moved over there for a few reasons: He excels at that position, Skuta gets injured, sub-packages to keep him, Poz, and Telvin all on the field.

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:That's the question for me as well. I don't see the Otto position as a battle for the same reason. Jack will be our MLB of the future, it just depends on when he takes over.

That being said, I could see him being moved over there for a few reasons: He excels at that position, Skuta gets injured, sub-packages to keep him, Poz, and Telvin all on the field.

I guess we'll know in three weeks when he either sees reps at SAM/OTTO or not. Will be interesting to watch how they use him.  

I'm just not seeing a 'battle' for first string running back.  I think Yeldon and Ivory are going to see pretty close to the same workload over the course of the year.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Fudge Royal vs Butter Pecan

Hot Fudge vs Hershey's Syrup

and don't forget the all star camp battle:

Reddi-whip vs Cool Whip

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Myles Jack is a Top 5 talent he needs to be on the field as much as possible. Skuta is average at best. But I do believe Jack will be the full time starter by Week 5

I think Prince and Ramsey should start outside with House playing the slot for week 1.

Quote:Fudge Royal vs Better Pecan

Hot Fudge vs Hershey's Syrup

and don't forget the all star camp battle:

Reddi-whip vs Cool Whip

No sprinkles vs. jimmies? 

http://www.differencebetween.net/object/...sprinkles/

Quote:I think Prince and Ramsey should start outside with House playing the slot for week 1.

I'd rather see House and Amukamara outside with Ramsey in the slot. 

House could play nickel of course, but I like him better outside  - and I really don't think Amukamara will thrive at nickel. 

Quote:I'd rather see House and Amukamara outside with Ramsey in the slot. Ramsey is more versatile than Amukamara who is primarily an outside guy.

I'd rather Ramsey outside.Ramsey and Prince are both great tacklers and I think that's key for outside cornerbacks in this scheme.House is probably better at outside CB but I think he can be good in the slot too,very savvy route wise.

Quote:I'm just not seeing a 'battle' for first string running back. I think Yeldon and Ivory are going to see pretty close to the same workload over the course of the year.

Yeah i agree...but somebody has to be#1 on the depthchart... Im leaning on Yeldon...

Quote:That is certainly possible, but I don't think the Jaguars are interested in burdening him with learning the OTTO/SAM position in this scheme.

I don't think they intend to play him at Skuta's position at all. There is certainly a chance because he's a gifted athlete that could compete almost anywhere, but I really doubt it happens at that position this year.

(re: prior post they are just my opinions, not corrections despite the red :teehee: )

Yeah i believe he will be the Mlb of the future maybe even the present.. Just curious where he ends up, i have heard they letting him learn Mlb so he can learn what every role is..