Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Who is it..
Bortles
Carr
Both are really good
Too early to tell
[Show Results]

Derek Carr vs Blake Bortles..

Quote:you already decided so just own up to it and call it a day. 

I'll own up to saying Carr has been the better qb so far, but it's tough to say how the future will play out. In retrospect, I should have voted "both are really good."

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Tebow
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:Carr has one of the best pass-protecting OLs in the game though whereas the Jaguars still don't know who's starting at LT or LG.

I do hear what you're saying, though. I still see Blake as a young version of Ben Roethlisberger with a little Tony Romo savvy mixed in.

That said, I see Carr as a young Drew Brees with a little Aaron Rodgers mixed in.

I need what your having!
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Quote:I need what your having!

You really don't see the Big Ben and Romo comparison in Bortles?

'02

It would be interesting to how both QBs operated in each other system

(This post was last modified: 07-01-2016, 11:10 AM by Inziladun.)

Quote:Being under slightly more pressure doesn't make Bortles the better qb. Look at the passes themselves. It's ironic that Carr's first pass in the clip has a little wobble because you won't see that in any other. He's throwing some beautiful strikes in these clips, and notice the ball placement how they fall in the receiver's hands in stride. I'm excited to watch Bortles, but it's just not the same. In virtually every clip you see the WR having to adjust to make the catch whether it's reaching, stopping short, diving, etc, etc, but rarely do you see that catch where the WR never has to break stride. ARob and Hurns deserve a ton of credit for Bortles' stats, and I'm not suggesting that Amari doesn't, but Amari doesn't have to be quite the acrobat to make every catch.

That's fine and dandy if the poll was asking who has the prettiest pass.. It's a bit harder to address the second part of your post without having to sit down and analyze each and every pass. But for example A-Rob has hella legs and plays well over the defender... it's a bit hard to criticize Bortles when he's (most likey) purposefully throwing high on a great many play as to let A-Rob make a play on the ball.

Honestly just looking at the statistics is probably the fairest way to evaluate and that leaves the two pretty even in terms of ability. I'd give a slight edge to Bortles because I'm a homer, and I feel like he's done more with less. He's also thrown more big plays which helps compensate his higher INT percentage and only slightly lower QB rating.

You might say it's so close that it comes down to which qb can make every throw. In that case, Carr can throw an absolutely perfect fade pass.

'02

This makes sense in my head

Carr is a quarterback, Blake is a playmaker.

Personally I'd take bortles

Quote:But Ted
Geno though.

purgatory probably

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 07-01-2016, 04:05 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

Quote:You really don't see the Big Ben and Romo comparison in Bortles?

No. His size reminds me of Ben; but his elusiveness and fearlessness to keep the play alive and take chances, reminds me of a mix with Brett and Ben more than Tony. Just my take.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Quote:No. His size reminds me of Ben; but his elusiveness and fearlessness to keep the play alive and take chances, reminds me of a mix with Brett and Ben more than Tony. Just my take.
Yeah. I see quite a bit of Favre with a healthy dose of Ben thrown in.

Not really seeing the Romo comp. personally.

Quote:No. His size reminds me of Ben; but his elusiveness and fearlessness to keep the play alive and take chances, reminds me of a mix with Brett and Ben more than Tony. Just my take.

It's that same elusiveness that reminds me of Romo.

'02

The number one trait and elite QB needs to have is the ability to handle the blitz and deliver while under pressure to say that one Blake was under a little pressure was one inaccurate and under playing the amount he faced and two it was still more than the clean pocket that Carr had to operate in. Here is the linchpin Bortles still produced more with indisputably less SMDH nite they want to belittle what the man had to face. The year before when he didn't handle the QB situation he was dealt they murdered him national now that he prove most to be idiots they pick what they want to see And try to dismiss what was clearly there SMDH haters

The number one trait and elite QB needs to have is the ability to handle the blitz and deliver while under pressure to say that one Blake was under a little pressure was one inaccurate and under playing the amount he faced and two it was still more than the clean pocket that Carr had to operate in. Here is the linchpin Bortles still produced more with indisputably less SMDH now they want to belittle what the man had to face. The year before when he didn't handle the QB situation he was dealt they murdered him national now that he prove most to be idiots they pick what they want to see And try to dismiss what was clearly there SMDH haters

I'm guessing that period was an accident.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:I'm guessing that period was an accident.

Or there just to make you THINK it was an accident...
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!