Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Who is it..
Bortles
Carr
Both are really good
Too early to tell
[Show Results]

Derek Carr vs Blake Bortles..

(This post was last modified: 06-30-2016, 02:02 AM by HERO OF THE DAY.)

I think bortles is the better qb.. Bortles had 35 TD and 4400 yards on a crappy oline..

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 06-30-2016, 01:38 AM by HERO OF THE DAY.)

Hey mods can u put bortles instead of bottles lol on the topic title thanx.. My phone is too touchy..

I hypothesise all we will learn from thi poll is that this is a jags forum

Quote:I hypothesise all we will learn from thi poll is that this is a jags forum

Yuuuuup! Go Bortles!

It's not even close blake is better 

[Image: giphy.gif]

The homer in me says Bortles is far superior...

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

I vote for our guy. Especially since I've never even seen Derek Carr play.

Quote:It's not even close blake is better
Lol it's close.

I think Blake is better but to say it's not even close is a joke.

Quote:I hypothesise all we will learn from thi poll is that this is a jags forum

Pretty much. You ask this same question on a Raiders board and you get them same results skewed to Carr.

That said, Bortles is the man!

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 06-30-2016, 08:16 AM by Doc Holliday904.)

1A

1B

Another quality topic from this guy

"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

I like both these guys but Bortles takes more chances which leads to bigger plays and more Touchdowns. It also leads to the Pick 6 too meh. Carr is probably more accurate but doesn't throw down the field much. He's also not mobile as Bortles.

Quote:Lol it's close.

I think Blake is better but to say it's not even close is a joke.
it's not even close because blake is doing more with less and is a playmaker at the position which derek carr isn't at this time. 

Quote:I like both these guys but Bortles takes more chances which leads to bigger plays and more Touchdowns. It also leads to the Pick 6 too meh. Carr is probably more accurate but doesn't throw down the field much. He's also not mobile as Bortles.
my point exactly

Overall at this point I have to give the edge to Carr. When Derek is able to plant and throw deep, he can throw an absolutely breathtakingly beautiful pass. Bortles has a knack for throwing to a spot deep, but they can be a little wobbly and slow to get there by comparison.

'02

Quote:I like both these guys but Bortles takes more chances which leads to bigger plays and more Touchdowns. It also leads to the Pick 6 too meh. Carr is probably more accurate but doesn't throw down the field much. He's also not mobile as Bortles.

Bortles threw exactly 1 more pick six than Carr last year

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Overall at this point I have to give the edge to Carr. When Derek is able to plant and throw deep, he can throw an absolutely breathtakingly beautiful pass. Bortles has a knack for throwing to a spot deep, but they can be a little wobbly and slow to get there by comparison.

I dont see how it's possible that Carr threw more accurately down field.  Bortles deep passes are among the best in the game.

Carr is pretty good, but anyone that's watched the Raiders play understands he's doing less with more. Just look at the NFL highlight videos for each of them. On only one of Carr's top plays does he face any pressure. On Bortles' he faces big pressure on almost every highlight play. The videos really say it all.

Bortles: https://youtu.be/iGSJVgnIHRA

Carr: https://youtu.be/Y0gly5FmyuU

Quote:Bortles threw exactly 1 more pick six than Carr last year

Not only that but two of them were in the fourth quarter when the Raiders trailed by less than a touchdown.

I have heard people that Bortles threw his at the worst possible time. But Carr did that as well.

;

;