Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What is your current favorite song?

(This post was last modified: 04-04-2017, 01:23 PM by Caldrac.)

Quote:I used to be a big Metallica fan, then they came out with St. Anger and it was the worst album I have ever heard. The prominent snare drum in the songs on that album gave me a migraine. From then on, they just haven't sounded the same to me. I do really like Avenged Sevenfold though. M. Shadows has one of those voices where he can scream with the best of them, but he also has a very melodic voice as well. Shadows, Corey Taylor and Tobias Forge are probably my favorite metal vocalist right now. 

As far as Ghost, they have a sound like no one else. Have you heard their cover of Here Comes the Sun? It's intoxicating. 

Can't fault you there. I only like two songs from that St. Anger album (Frantic & All Within My Hands). S&M album was great for me. Perfect blend of metal and symphony all in one. Couldn't get any better in my opinion for them after they pulled it off. Corey Taylor is underrated in my opinion. Between his work with Slipknot and Stonesour he's shown incredible range. Big fan of that Audio Secrecy album they put out a few years ago. 

Ghost is steadily making me want to see them live at some point if they ever get back over here close to Jacksonville. And I've heard that cover. It's a damn good Beatles cover for sure. Tobias delivers as a singer. It's early but I really like him up there with guys like Chris Cornell, Aaron Lewis, Robert Plant, Lajon Witherspoon, Maynard James Keenan, Glenn Danzig & Bruce Dickinson for me as far as overall uniqueness. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-04-2017, 01:24 PM by Caldrac.)

Quote:I've always heard Metallica puts on excellent live shows so congrats and I hope they kill it for you and your old lady.

I remember the first time I saw my favorite band play live in Boston in 2007. That journey was 15 years in the making, having first fell in love with them in the summer of 1992.

Like not bull, I cried when they came out on stage. I'm not a particularly emotional dude. I know I scared at least 3 of my friends who'd made that trip possible because they'd never seen me cry.

Yeah that's what I am hoping for. Wanted to see them before they get too long in the tooth. Can't be easy pushing over 50 playing that fast and heavy anymore. Music is a powerful thing man. Can make you remember good times and forget some bad times. 

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2017, 11:01 AM by rollerjag.)

Video for song. 

Up From Below - Edward Sharpe and the Magnificent Zeros

The Big Parade - Lumineers

Edward Sharpe link:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU9s7-ZYflI&list=RDmEMCZ3vyTi8&index=3

(This post was last modified: 04-04-2017, 01:43 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Quote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj6V_a1-EUA

Video for song. 

you can't post youtube links on this site - it automatically deletes them.

your referenced link below ....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj6V_a1-EUA

... dang, that video (by Amber Run) was depressing 

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2017, 11:02 AM by rollerjag.)

Ok so I came up with this after much deliberation.  Take Me Down by The Pretty Reckless.

and it deleted the link lol

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Fav song for the last several years "The Story", by Brandi Carlisle

Quote:Up From Below - Edward Sharpe and the Magnificent Zeros

The Big Parade - Lumineers

Edward Sharpe link:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU9s7-ZYflI&list=RDmEMCZ3vyTi8&index=3

I Love Edward Sharpe. Learned about him from a bit on NPR
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Faith No More - Rise of the Fall

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Pantera - Suicide Note, Part I (Early Mix)

I remember hearing the original version of this song for the first time probably my freshman year in High school. I want to say The Great Southern Trendkill was Pantera's last great album as a band together. But it sadly signified the beginning of the end as Phil struggled with his addictions and back problems and they would end up disbanding a few years later when they produced their final album. 

This song is very deep, it has a country twang to it and vibe to it and Phil doesn't sugarcoat his words and thoughts when they make music. It's an open and honest view on what he's done to himself with cocaine and heroin. He officially died after an overdose not too long before he wrote this song. He was lucky and they brought him back to life at the ER. 

This early mix version is perfect. Because it's raw and you can hear Dimebag Darrell really coming through better on his end. This was released sometime last year. It's a 20th anniversary album with a lot of raw tracks. Really, really good stuff on there if you're a heavy metal head. 

Numerous Led Zepplin tunes.

(This post was last modified: 05-06-2017, 08:01 PM by Ringo.)

Nathaniel Rateliff.

[BLEEP]...gimme a drink

I need never get old

99 revolutions...Green Day
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Numerous Led Zepplin tunes.

It's hard to pick a favorite, but mine is The Ocean. I literally burned out one of my Advent speakers with that song.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

There is a light that never goes out - The Smiths.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2017, 10:12 AM by sublime92.)

Quote:Pretty much any Sublime song. Been that way for 20 years :thumbsup:
ill drink to that. My favourites shift with my mood, currently it's Cherie Amour.

Quote:It's hard to pick a favorite, but mine is The Ocean. I literally burned out one of my Advent speakers with that song.

On the mellow side...I love blaring the acoustic guitar in Going to California.

Devil's Right Hand, pick your choice, Johnny Cash or Steve Earle, you won't be sorry.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Nerve Endings by Too Close To Touch