Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Root AGAINST Cleveland

Quote:The way Cleveland is negotiating in FA, I don't know if their front office knows how to trade for Kaep.
They are truly trying to rebuild the team. Instead of going out and spending money on geezers as per usual, they seem to be trying to build through the draft. This just means that the fans will scream and cry until the owner cans them half way through a rebuild. Rinse and repeat. I unfortunately follow the Browns (ugh) and the Jags (*thumbs up*)

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Oh and this is just smoke and mirrors nonsense. No one in the Browns org has stated they have any interest in Kaep. This all in the head of the 49ers and Kaep's agent. Trying to make the Broncos pony up (hey oh!) more picks.

If the Browns don't take a QB then I think we are in a stronger position to get a trade down with a team wanting to jump above the 49ers for Goff or Wentz.

Quote:Spence. Done.

Dude. Spence is not going in the top 5. Stop

If I was Kaep and my agent brought me a deal from the Browns right now, I would fire him.  The Browns are an absolute train wreck, and every player is jumping ship at the first opportunity.

I don't think we need to root against Cleveland, they seem to already be rooting against themselves
10 years ago we had Bob Hope, Johnny Cash, and Steve Jobs..... Please don't die, Kevin Bacon.

Quote:Dude. Spence is not going in the top 5. Stop

If Ramsey, Jack, and Bosa are all gone, IMO, Spence is the best available.

Not to mention he beat Bosa on everything at the combine.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:I don't think we need to root against Cleveland, they seem to already be rooting against themselves

Lol. I was thinking the same. I've never seen a team self destruct like the Browns are currently doing.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Lol. I was thinking the same. I've never seen a team self destruct like the Browns are currently doing.

SF last offseason comes to my mind right away lol

I'd be down for trading back with the 9ers if possible.

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2016, 07:36 AM by The Real Marty.)

Quote:Not that I think the Browns will be this huge threat to Jaguars dominance in the years to come.  They have the look of an imploding team still yearning for managerial and coaching stability.

However, they have something they could do, that, in the interim, could throw a major wrench into the Jaguars draft hopes.

Namely, that something is pull off a trade for Colin Kaepernick.

Right now, most of the mock drafts show Cleveland taking a QB at 2. 

If they were to acquire Kaepernick via trade, that may encourage them to go in a different direction at 2.  To me, that would immediately mean they would go after one of the stud defenders on the board.

I would hope that person would be Buckner.  But even a Browns selection of Buckner at 2 may pose problems for the Jaguars in the draft, because that would be one less defender on the board for San Diego or Dallas to take, which means Mack and Ramsey could both be off the board by 5.

I can see a real problem if the first 4 picks are, in any particular order, Bosa, Jack, Ramsey, and Tunsil.   Of course, we have no idea how Dave is ranking the prospects, but if you look at Daniel Jeremiah's top 50 ranking as an example, you can see the problem.  Here's the way he ranks them:

1. <span>Laremy Tunsil - OT, Ole Miss</span>

<span>2. <span><span>Jalen Ramsey - S, Florida State </span></span></span>

<span><span>3. <span><span>Myles Jack - LB, UCLA </span></span></span></span>

<span><span><span>4. <span><span>Joey Bosa - DE, Ohio State </span></span></span></span></span>

<span><span><span><span>Now here's where we have a problem:</span></span></span></span>

<span><span><span><span>5.</span></span></span></span>DeForest Buckner - DT, Oregon  

6. <span><span>Ezekiel Elliott - RB, Ohio State </span></span>

<span>7: <span><span>Carson Wentz - QB, North Dakota State  </span></span></span>

<span><span>8. <span><span>Jared Goff - QB, Cal  </span></span></span></span>

<span><span><span>9. <span><span>Vernon Hargreaves - CB, Florida </span></span></span></span></span>

<span><span><span><span>10.</span></span></span></span>Ronnie Stanley - OT, Notre Dame

I could see possibly drafting Hargreaves, although he doesn't fit our style of CB, he's kind of small and doesn't tackle well.  Daniel Jeremiah says, "Hargreaves will have some issues outside because of his lack of size but he could be an elite nickel cornerback at the next level."   Do we spend the 5th pick on a nickel corner? 

Buckner is basically a 3-4 DE or a 3-technique DT,  and we're already overloaded at 3-tech DT.  He and Malik Jackson seem like almost the same guy.  

We don't need a QB or a RB.   I suppose we could draft the OT from Notre Dame, and put him at OG, but you don't spend the 5th pick in the draft on an OG. 

You have to go a little ways down the draft board to find guys that are really interesting, such as: 

17. <span><span>Kevin Dodd - DE, Clemson</span></span>

<span><span>18.</span></span>Leonard Floyd - LB, Georgia

21.Ryan Kelly - C, Alabama

So to me, the ideal thing if the draft goes Tunsil, Bosa, Ramsey, Jack would be a trade down.   Get that extra 2nd and maybe also extra 3rd round pick. 

I would take a good look at Leonard Floyd.   Jeremiah says this about Floyd: 

"Floyd was a three-year starter at linebacker for the Bulldogs. He has excellent height and a very lean, narrow frame. His alignment changes depending on the game. He is at his best coming off the edge and I'm projecting him as a SAM linebacker at the next level. As a rusher, he has an explosive first step and a devastating inside counter move. He generates a lot of pressure without OTs getting a hand on him. Despite his skinny frame, he is very effective transferring speed to power off the edge. Against the run, he needs to improve his ability to set the edge. He prefers to slip, spin or trade one for one. Overall, Floyd lacks ideal bulk but his explosiveness is rare and he has double-digit sack potential. "

Disclaimer:  I'm just using Jeremiah's rankings as an example, to show the difficulty we might have is the draft falls according to his rankings. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...-nfl-draft

Quote:The way Cleveland is negotiating in FA, I don't know if their front office knows how to trade for Kaep.
#Moneyball

Quote:Oh and this is just smoke and mirrors nonsense. No one in the Browns org has stated they have any interest in Kaep. This all in the head of the 49ers and Kaep's agent. Trying to make the Broncos pony up (hey oh!) more picks.

Well according Adam Schefter

"Here's a sentiment not many have shared recently: Colin Kaepernick wants to play in Cleveland. Respects Hue Jackson. Browns-Niners talking."

Mary Kay Cabot retweeted it.

Quote:Oh and this is just smoke and mirrors nonsense. No one in the Browns org has stated they have any interest in Kaep. This all in the head of the 49ers and Kaep's agent. Trying to make the Broncos pony up (hey oh!) more picks.
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...4901430272

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2016, 12:11 AM by Bullseye.)

Quote:I can see a real problem if the first 4 picks are, in any particular order, Bosa, Jack, Ramsey, and Tunsil.   Of course, we have no idea how Dave is ranking the prospects, but if you look at Daniel Jeremiah's top 50 ranking as an example, you can see the problem.  Here's the way he ranks them:

1. <span>Laremy Tunsil - OT, Ole Miss</span>

<span>2. <span><span>Jalen Ramsey - S, Florida State </span></span></span>

<span><span>3. <span><span>Myles Jack - LB, UCLA </span></span></span></span>

<span><span><span>4. <span><span>Joey Bosa - DE, Ohio State </span></span></span></span></span>

<span><span><span><span>Now here's where we have a problem:</span></span></span></span>

<span><span><span><span>5.</span></span></span></span>DeForest Buckner - DT, Oregon  

6. <span><span>Ezekiel Elliott - RB, Ohio State </span></span>

<span>7: <span><span>Carson Wentz - QB, North Dakota State  </span></span></span>

<span><span>8. <span><span>Jared Goff - QB, Cal  </span></span></span></span>

<span><span><span>9. <span><span>Vernon Hargreaves - CB, Florida </span></span></span></span></span>

<span><span><span><span>10.</span></span></span></span>Ronnie Stanley - OT, Notre Dame

I could see possibly drafting Hargreaves, although he doesn't fit our style of CB, he's kind of small and doesn't tackle well.  Daniel Jeremiah says, "Hargreaves will have some issues outside because of his lack of size but he could be an elite nickel cornerback at the next level."   Do we spend the 5th pick on a nickel corner? 

Buckner is basically a 3-4 DE or a 3-technique DT,  and we're already overloaded at 3-tech DT.  He and Malik Jackson seem like almost the same guy.  

We don't need a QB or a RB.   I suppose we could draft the OT from Notre Dame, and put him at OG, but you don't spend the 5th pick in the draft on an OG. 

You have to go a little ways down the draft board to find guys that are really interesting, such as: 

17. <span><span>Kevin Dodd - DE, Clemson</span></span>

<span><span>18.</span></span>Leonard Floyd - LB, Georgia

21.Ryan Kelly - C, Alabama

So to me, the ideal thing if the draft goes Tunsil, Bosa, Ramsey, Jack would be a trade down.   Get that extra 2nd and maybe also extra 3rd round pick. 

I would take a good look at Leonard Floyd.   Jeremiah says this about Floyd: 

"Floyd was a three-year starter at linebacker for the Bulldogs. He has excellent height and a very lean, narrow frame. His alignment changes depending on the game. He is at his best coming off the edge and I'm projecting him as a SAM linebacker at the next level. As a rusher, he has an explosive first step and a devastating inside counter move. He generates a lot of pressure without OTs getting a hand on him. Despite his skinny frame, he is very effective transferring speed to power off the edge. Against the run, he needs to improve his ability to set the edge. He prefers to slip, spin or trade one for one. Overall, Floyd lacks ideal bulk but his explosiveness is rare and he has double-digit sack potential. "

Disclaimer:  I'm just using Jeremiah's rankings as an example, to show the difficulty we might have is the draft falls according to his rankings. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...-nfl-draft
Exactly my concern, though explained in much more detail.

I'm seeing some chatter of Shaq Lawson as possibly a top 10 pick, but I'm not entirely sold on that.

As far as a trade down, it would seem that if Goff were available at 5, that would seem to generate more trade requests.

However, the next ten picks after us and their QBs are...

6.  Baltimore-Flacco

7.  San Francisco-Gabbert

8.  Philadelphia-Bradford

9. Tampa-Winston

10. NYG-Manning

11. Chicago-Cutler

12. New Orleans-Brees

13. Miami-Tannehill

14.  Oakland-Carr

15. Los Angeles-Foles

As you can see, very few of the teams below us have a pressing immediate need for a QB.  Baltimore is set with Flacco.  For some reason, Philadelphia seems okay with Bradford.  Tampa just took Winston.  The Giants appear to be in win now mode with Manning.  Chicago has Cutler-not great, but Fox has won with average guys at QB before. Perhaps the Saints could stand to take a QB to groom behind Brees, but Brees is still dangerous, as we saw first hand last year.  Miami has Tannehill and is another team that appears to be in win now mode.  Carr is looking like the QB that will return Oakland to prominence.  Foles is just a guy, but the way Fisher's offenses tend to go, they just need "a guy."

That leaves San Francisco as the only team within reasonable trading distance with us that has a pressing need for a QB at this point.  Now you can argue that with the trades, and a new head coach, the Eagles may be positioning themselves for a move up to get a QB.

But with that, there are some potential issues that could preclude a trade down for us, or limit the return in the form of draft picks.

1.  We don't need a QB, and neither does the Ravens.  That means if Goff is still on the board, the 49ers might be able to wait and still get him.

2.  If Goff is still on the board even after Cleveland picks, then perhaps he may not be the prospect that teams covet, which may drive down his demand in trade.  If teams do covet him, perhaps they will trade with Cleveland.

3.  Because we have the lowest of the top 5 picks and the number of spaces to move down with either SF or Philadelphia are minimal, the compensation we could expect would be minimal.

4.  If the 49ers and Eagles view Paxton Lynch as comparable in quality to Goff, then if both are on the board at 5, both could likely stand pat and have one or the other to fall to them.

***I know this idea was floated before, but if the Rams got desperate to move up from 15, I wonder if they'd be willing to give up Quinn.*** 

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2016, 02:24 PM by JackCity.)

I think Kap is staying put.

Cleveland will draft Wentz, Rams will draft Paxton Lynch somehow.

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/708283594901430272'>https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/708283594901430272</a>

I think it would be wise to drug test Kaepernick right now. He's obviously smoking the good stuff.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I think it would be wise to drug test Kaepernick right now. He's obviously smoking the good stuff.

The upside as a Browns fan is that he has a pretty unscathed record for concussions. So when he plays behind an o-line made of patio furniture, his brain may last to game 4.

Tweet from Mary Kay Cabot (@MaryKayCabot) - #Browns willing to part w/ 3rd rnder for Colin Kaepernick, sources say, but hinges on redoing $19 million a yr deal http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ss...p_3rd.html

https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/...1564332032

MKC has been wrong a fair bit to just try to get a story out. We shall see. This really flies in the face of their idea of doing a true rebuild.

The team absolutely stinks and they need to accept that and do what the Jags had to do a few years ago. It sucks but the Browns went 3-13 even with the guys who walked.