Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Why don't you like DeForest Buckner?

Rankins and Butler are just as good, if not better, than Buckner.
Shock the world

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2016, 01:35 AM by JaguarScience95.)

So if it went by positional importance it be

Buckner

Vh3

Ramsey

Jack

Skill

Vh3

Jack

Buckner

Ramsey

Atheletism

Ramsey

Jack

Vh3

Buckner

Size

Buckner

Ramsey

Jack

Vh3

Production

Buckner

Vh3

Ramsey

Jack
"Get Better Everyday"

In other words none of them are perfect prospects.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Buckner vs VCU, Stanford, and Michigan State.........

I honestly don't understand why he's hyped up. Those games were terrible for a top 10 pick.
Shock the world

It's not that a lot of people hate him as a player, they jus hate the idea of taking him in the top 5

Quote:In other words none of them are perfect prospects.

Which brings the thought of others players being involved

Tunsil, Elliot, Dodd, Spence, Knemdiche, Rankins...
"Get Better Everyday"

Quote:Which brings the thought of others players being involved

Tunsil, Elliot, Dodd, Spence, Knemdiche, Rankins...
Any reason Bosa was left off out of the 10 guys you named?

I think his ceiling is Odrick. Not a bad player but not worth the #5.

Could see him going #8 to the dolphins

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2016, 10:05 AM by The Real Marty.)

Buckner kind of reminds me of Marcus Stroud.   I think that's the kind of player he would be for us.   A big giant guy, very athletic for his size. 

Quote:I've noticed a lot of Buckner hate on this board and not only do I not understand it, but I think a lot of people stand a good chance of being livid come draft night. Contrary to popular belief, Buckner IS a GREAT fit for this defense. He is the type of player they have been looking for to play the Elephant end, a player that offers elite run stopping at the left end and can switch inside on passing downs and bring elite pass rushing there. The type of player he is is why we signed Odrick last year and why we covet Jackson this year. Will there be a bit of a log jam at the position if we sign Jackson and draft Buckner? Sure, but you figure that out. You definitely do not let Odrick's presence on the roster stop you from drafting Buckner. The comparisons to Dion Jordan and Arik Armstead are just lazy and ignorant and literally only based on the fact they all played at Oregon. Buckner is a far better prospect than those two combined. Another knock I saw was on twitter, where Alfie said there's no way the Jags draft a pass rusher with a 5.06 40. Well Buckner is an interior pass rusher so that hardly matters.

My point is that a lot of you should acknowledge the fact Buckner IS in play at 5. It's really just denial to put him out of your mind as an option.

Odrick, Jackson and Buckner on the roster? Not happening. Caldwell leans towards needs drafting. 

Lol Bosa Jack or Ramsey is the Jags pick. Not sure why we are discussing any other players. It's pretty obvious... Kinda like last year.

Bosa is a pass rusher (Bennett). Jack is a sideline to sideline LB who can play 3rd down (Wagner). Ramsey is the versatile safety/CB who can play every position in the secondary.

All 3 are players who play a position of need for this team.

Quote:Buckner vs VCU, Stanford, and Michigan State.........

I honestly don't understand why he's hyped up. Those games were terrible for a top 10 pick.

And the tape doesn't lie. Besides size I don't get the hype either.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:And the tape doesn't lie. Besides size I don't get the hype either.
This. He looked borderline undraftable in the Michigan State game.

Quote:Any reason Bosa was left off out of the 10 guys you named?

Because he's terrible
"Get Better Everyday"

I don't think he's terrible, but there are better players available and I wouldn't want to see him drafted ahead of someone like Bosa or Ramsey.

And can anyone tell me if the comparisons with Calais Campbell are down to anything more than his body type and the position he plays?

People who are down on Buckner can't see DeForest for the trees.
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus