Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Why don't you like DeForest Buckner?

I've noticed a lot of Buckner hate on this board and not only do I not understand it, but I think a lot of people stand a good chance of being livid come draft night. Contrary to popular belief, Buckner IS a GREAT fit for this defense. He is the type of player they have been looking for to play the Elephant end, a player that offers elite run stopping at the left end and can switch inside on passing downs and bring elite pass rushing there. The type of player he is is why we signed Odrick last year and why we covet Jackson this year. Will there be a bit of a log jam at the position if we sign Jackson and draft Buckner? Sure, but you figure that out. You definitely do not let Odrick's presence on the roster stop you from drafting Buckner. The comparisons to Dion Jordan and Arik Armstead are just lazy and ignorant and literally only based on the fact they all played at Oregon. Buckner is a far better prospect than those two combined. Another knock I saw was on twitter, where Alfie said there's no way the Jags draft a pass rusher with a 5.06 40. Well Buckner is an interior pass rusher so that hardly matters.

My point is that a lot of you should acknowledge the fact Buckner IS in play at 5. It's really just denial to put him out of your mind as an option.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Maybe people are afraid of Oregon DL players because of Dion Jordan? I'm not sure. I would rather have Bosa. Buckner has been compared to Calais Campbell. Ramsey would be my pick. No Ramsey, I would pick Jack. No Jack I pick Bosa. No Bosa I wouldn't mind Buckner. 

Quote:Maybe people are afraid of Oregon DL players because of Dion Jordan? I'm not sure. I would rather have Bosa. Buckner has been compared to Calais Campbell. Ramsey would be my pick. No Ramsey, I would pick Jack. No Jack I pick Bosa. No Bosa I wouldn't mind Buckner. 
lol pretty much where everyone is right now.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Bosa, Jack, Ramsey, or bust!!!!

Really though, if any of those three are still on the board at #5, they are the no brainer picks in my opinion.

If those 3 are gone, I could warm up to Hargreaves, then Buckner.

Quote: 

My point is that a lot of you should acknowledge the fact Buckner IS in play at 5. It's really just denial to put him out of your mind as an option.

I don't see many people denying he's an option.  I just see lots of people considering him their fourth option with that pick. 

I like him.  I think he's in play.

I'd be happier with him than Hargreaves.

But then, I'm "old school" who prefers trenches and QB pressure before other positions.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

He's a 3-4 big end, i'm not picking a big end at 5 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:I like him.  I think he's in play.

I'd be happier with him than Hargreaves.

But then, I'm "old school" who prefers trenches and QB pressure before other positions.
Seeing Hargreaves' sweet feet/hips at the combine, got me back on his wagon a little bit. Not a huge fan of his little t-rex arms/hands though.

Jack or Ramsey or majority disappointed. Oregon DE does nothing

Quote:Seeing Hargreaves' sweet feet/hips at the combine, got me back on his wagon a little bit. Not a huge fan of his little t-rex arms/hands though.

I'd love Hargreaves at a better "value" (lower pick.)

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 03-04-2016, 09:31 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

I still dont think Jordan is trash. Miami is a train wreck been that way since Jason Taylor no longer played for them.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:I'd love Hargreaves at a better "value" (lower pick.)
Agreed. Ideally we'd trade down to say, 9, 10, or 11 and still get him, but I don't think he'll make it past the Dolphins at #8.

I've actually been warming up to the idea of Buckner at #5

(This post was last modified: 03-04-2016, 10:01 PM by Haterade.)

Name. Also he's not Ramsey, Bosa, or Jack

Id rather Rankins honestly

Quote:He's a 3-4 big end, i'm not picking a big end at 5
and this

Jags need explosiveness and athleticism on their defense, not just size. There haven't been many overly tall D linemen that get to the QB and wreak havoc on defense. Don't get me wrong, there's been a few effective tall linemen (Too Tall Jones, Calais Campbell) but for the most part, their height is a hinderence in terms of leverage.
<FONT size=3>The secret to surfing is don't do anything.</FONT>

I think we get solid production out of the position he would play. If there is a similar level of talent at a position we are weak at, we should go for need.

The entire hope of drafting Buckner in this scheme, is you think he's the future base *Big End*, who can be a big force at DT, on 2nd and/or 3rd down.

I'm not his biggest fan, because he likes to play way too high at times. That's not going to fly in the NFL, on the inside of the DL. Or anywhere on the DL for that matter, but especially inside.

I'd prefer him coming into the NFL, needing/trying (which he does) to learn more pass rushing moves. Not coming into the NFL, learning how to stay lower and how to get better leverage.

I'd rather Rankins too.