Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Justice Scalia passes away

Quote:Here you go:

[Image: National-Debt-Clock-NYC.jpg]

Yup, this just got started once this President took office.

Let's ignore beginning wars based upon....

Yup, Mission Accomplished.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It kills me how incredibly bias MSNBC is towards the Democrat party.

Have you ever watched NBC shows, like SNL and not thought wow they hate republicans huh?

I was watching it for humor I guess, and they are beating the drum of how unfair it is for Congress not to hear Obama's nominee & put into office his Supreme Court Justice...

yet OBAMA didn't allow the Republicans to put one in when he was senator... total hypocrite  

How do Democrats not see thru all the lies?

Quote:Yup, this just got started once this President took office.

Let's ignore beginning wars based upon....

Yup, Mission Accomplished.

Let's not pretend Obama is anything else.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:It kills me how incredibly bias MSNBC is towards the Democrat party.

Have you ever watched NBC shows, like SNL and not thought wow they hate republicans huh?

I was watching it for humor I guess, and they are beating the drum of how unfair it is for Congress not to hear Obama's nominee & put into office his Supreme Court Justice...

yet OBAMA didn't allow the Republicans to put one in when he was senator... total hypocrite

How do Democrats not see thru all the lies?

Let me guess....fox is a beacon of nothing but truth with no bias, in your view.

Quote:Exactly what makes it interesting.  Throw in the fact that he (the potential nominee) is republican and appointed to the courts by President Bush, he is to the left on social issues (abortion, gay marriage) but leans to the right when it comes to the 2nd Amendment (gun control).  An appointment like this blocked by republican "leaders" simply because of partisan politics will hurt whoever the republican nominee for President is.

The question is, will President Obama really make such a nomination, or are these "leaks" about potential candidates simply a way to force the republican "leadership" to change their tune?

Actually, here is the REAL question.  Is this possible nomination being considered for the good of the country, or is it being played as part of the political game?  Is this potential nominee really a potential nominee, or is it just a "name" thrown out to make republicans look bad in an election year?

In my opinion, I would sit on the sidelines and wait until President Obama actually appoints somebody.  My guess is that Governor Brian Sandoval will for some reason not be the nominee.

Obama didn't get elected President of the United States twice without knowing how to play the game, and play it well. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!